And it all starts with a Wish…

Yes but I don’t know what. They just said they went to the teen club while hubby and I got our massage. I heard we explored and went to the teen club. But not sure if they did an actual teen event.

2 Likes

What did they think? Do they have a desire to go back?

1 Like

I was told yeah they’d go back and are planning to. They did video game wars. And one of em (the straight one) said cute boys. Lol

They also played ping pong and foosball in the Hero Zone which is connected I think or right next door at least.

3 Likes

I found getting over to Aquaventure to be time consuming and crowded. We didn’t get to our cabana (The Current 21) till 10:50am. The girls did a trip around the river and then I signed them in about 11:30 for their 11:45am dolphin swim. They enjoyed that. While they did that hubby and I rode the Serpent slide (inner tube slide that goes inside the shark tank inside of a clear tube). The hubby did the three Power Tower slides with me that are in an inner tube. My ranking would be 1)The Surge (top of the tower with the longest line), 2)The Falls and 3) The Drop (which isn’t really a drop?). Hubby won’t do body slides that go straight down so he rode the rapids river back to our cabana which is right off of it while I rode the Abyss which is a humped drop slide in the dark that ends inside of cave in an aquarium. Absolutely unique and worth riding if you can handle it. It’s the most unique to this park along with the Serpent so those are probably my most recommended rides. The rapids river is absolutely fabulous as well. There are two sections. One is a wave pool lazy river combo and one is the rapids type with small drops.

4 Likes

Thanks! Sounds fun. I’m taking my 15 y/o niece on our cruise. She can be a bit shy in new situations, but I think she’d like the teen club if I can convince her to give it a try.

1 Like

9 Likes

How does it compare to Volcano Bay or WDW water parks?

1 Like

Better than WDW for sure. I’d probably put it in a close tie or right under VB. There are some unique experiences that pull it up there.

For example the combo lazy river. I really like they mix it up with slow sections, rapids sections and the giant waves section. I like how the water roller coaster tube slides that are pretty equivalent to the one at VB end up in the rapids river with some small rapids river sections unique to each one. I like how one slide goes inside the shark tank and one ends inside a cave inside an aquarium. It’s definitely special. But it’s missing some of the things VB has like a wave pool itself and the family tube slides. I really like the turtle and whales ones in VB and the cabanas were nicer.

2 Likes

I will still say my favorite water park goes to Schlitterbahn New Braunfels. If you know, you know. ;-).

1 Like

Wow that’s excessive. I’d be upset. Max of what, 4hrs ish before to leave?

The cabana looks nice though. What is included?

2 Likes

Last bus back is at 4pm and it’s about a 20 min walk from where we were. We left at 3:31 and are just on the bus so 11-3:30 4.5 hours for $250pp or thereabouts. The cabana was $900 but it was one of the more private and larger ones holding up to 10 people. They have 6 and 8 people ones that I’m sure are cheaper. I just liked this quiet location right on the lazy river and between the two water slide buildings and closest to the dolphin encounter. They came with towels, two loungers, a loveseat and chair all cushioned under the covered area, and a bar table with four chairs (nope two according to my previous pic) I think. There was a fridge and a safe and a fan but no TV, no waters, no food but there is an attendant to bring them to you. We spent $135 with an included 15% gratuity for lunch, waters and other drinks. Most cabanas including Disney have drinks and fruit/snacks included and some have TVs so it’s definitely the location you’re paying for. I like Castaway Cay ones better. So if you’re gonna splurge one place pick those.

4 Likes

LOL yes but good luck getting one!

2 Likes

Tru dat. We scored one but we paid for a concierge room to do it and I used the time.gov to send my email at 12am Eastern on the dot. Still got the very last and furthest one from food and the slides area except the huge one.

2 Likes

You must mean the last one at family beach? Or is everyone over 18?

The far end of Serenity Bay is where it’s AT if you’re an adult looking for, well, serenity! I had seen on a vlog where most people naturally grab the first available spots on the beach, but to keep going down the beach a short ways and the crowd thins. And it was so true.

I’m jealous you have a cabana, no matter how near or far it is to things. That will be nice!!!

2 Likes

Yea last family. Number 20

1 Like

I haven’t been since they changed ownership. I always loved Schillerbahn - the new and the old.

1 Like

This is one of those times where “no such thing as bad publicity” is not true. I don’t know if I can ever go there after that incident that I will not discuss the details of. (I don’t know if there are multiple locations by that name, I believe it was in Kansas City?)

2 Likes

I paid $60 for superior internet so now I can do this.

2 Likes

You are correct and I have never been to that one. The one I grew up near is New Braunfels aka the original. I have been to all three in Texas but New Braunfels is the best and now owned by Cedar Point

1 Like

But is it actually superior??

1 Like