And it all starts with a Wish…

The internet. Definitely.

But still photos can’t be emailed but I can access this site.

2 Likes

Let’s see if I can upload. Enchante main course.

7 Likes

Photos from tonight.

Hyperspace Lounge.

Nightingales (better than Hyperspace)
Wicked Stepmother

The Rose

Enchante

Pirates

14 Likes

Did y’all do that all in one evening?? Phew!!

2 Likes

Yesmam. I’m paying now. So a nice simple concierge lounge breakfast of cornflakes, cherries and coffee on my balcony is warranted becuz I’m hungover (4 drinks even not finishing one of them so probably 3.5) is way too much for me.

11 Likes

Don’t let @Jeff_AZ hear you saying that!

I assume Nightingales is somehow Cinderella themed?

5 Likes

The drink names imply so. I couldn’t really tell. By far the prettiest bar with the best whiskey collection according to hubby who got a flight of MacCallans for $62 which he said was a good deal was The Rose. There are BatB references in there like the rose and hand mirror. Rose petals behind the bar. And then Lumiere and candelabras everywhere in Enchante. The Arrendelle restaurant is extremely themed which made the Star Wars bar seem underwhelming to me. There were touches but the stuff in Galactic Starcruiser and SWGE is much better.

6 Likes

The girls said the dinner in 1923 last night was their best meal yet which is consistent with what I’ve read online for the MDRs.

5 Likes

So I think it’s interesting that the newest ship has leaned in so much on more of the “classic Princesses” (at least in my opinion). Seems to be lots of Cinderella and Belle! Belle is my #1 but she doesn’t seem to be top banana very often. I was originally drawn to the Wish because it seemed to have more “recent movie” representation with Incredibles and Moana but the more I see the less this seems to be true. I’m sure they don’t want the ship to become dated but it still seems interesting to me.

3 Likes

Today is parasailing for the girls and Hooks Barbershop head shave for DH. Then we’ll meet up at our cabana for the day. Nothing is booked this evening besides the Marvel dinner which hubby is bailing on half way thru for the $100 high level whiskey tasting in Hooks Barbershop. Whiskey is kind of his thing. Wish I could show you a pic of how many bottles we have in our cabinet at home to prove it. Lol

Oh yeah I will be seeing Little Mermaid at 6pm too. I mean how can I not see my favorite childhood Disney princess that now represents my baby girl (dog) that I lost way too soon!

7 Likes

Our area feels heavily tangled themed so a bit newer but I’m living in a hall and room with purple carpet with suns. Lol.

Tiana is the theming for the Bayou which I may check out this evening for one of their performances on the stage predinner. So there is some newer princesses here and there and certainly Frozen is well represented in Arrendelle.

However, I will say though there are things I like better here than the Dream I’m gonna have to put myself in the category of people who prefer the old style ship theming from those older ships overall. This one is leaning into that newer look like a Royal Caribbean boat. It’s better than that shopping mall theme but it’s approaching it. Some of my favorite parts are the Art Deco areas still present like 1923 and The Bayou. I do like this concierge lounge better but I preferred the spa up higher. We could hear and feel the engines during our service now it’s on the 5th floor. So I’m gonna lean Dream over Wish for now anyway. We’ll see how I feel post trip and I’ll compare it to the older ones (with our Magic trip) in January.

Oh yeah another thing I preferred on the Dream was the adults bar area being separate and not part of the mall area.

But Enchante and The Rose I found prettier than Meridian and Remy. I haven’t been in this Palo so I can’t compare that. I like that our rooms are so heavily Disney themed. The tile work over the bathtub is beautiful. But I think the room felt bigger on the Dream so I’m torn on the suite which ship I like better. I actually prefer the Aqua Mouse to the Aqua Duck. I think I’m in the minority there. I saw people disappointed with it online but they weren’t getting the spritzing in the movie tunnel. The kids splash area looks better on this boat from walking thru it so if you have littles the Toy Story area is adorable. You’re just gonna have to go on all the boats to get the bests of each lol. :wink:

8 Likes

This is consistent with what I’ve heard others say, including Shannon Ford on last Monday’s Disney Dish

3 Likes

Castaway?

1 Like

My DH would LOVE this! He still feels like this is a huge lost opportunity at POFQ. My kids aren’t at all really into Tangled for whatever reason. I am definitely feeling like we made the right choice with the Dream!

3 Likes

Yes

1 Like

I rewatched some princess movies in preparation. Tangled is cute but I followed it with Frozen and Moana (and Sleeping Beauty), which are better films imho. I do like Tangled though. And Purple is my fave color.

There was a reference on Rope Drop Radio that there is a stateroom map that shows which staterooms have what theme?

I believe it might be a TA map?

4 Likes

No bueno

Someone doing a side-by-side did share that the rooms in general are a bit bigger on Dream than Wish. Which is really a disappointment - newer, better… bigger? But I guess not. My room on Dream was very comfortable and plenty of space.

will have to investigate this

4 Likes

I didn’t realize they had different themes but I think this would probably be important to know when booking!

3 Likes

One of the many YouTubers I watched said it’s by floor? I’m making this up but like floors 6 and 8 are Moana and 7 is Cindy. My floor is Tangled (as is 12) but the suites on the corners are Aurora soooooo not sure if those people had it right and in another video I saw connecting rooms with different themes?

3 Likes