An Adventure in the Great Wide Somewhere

Yes! Sadly we are at the airport. :sob: Why are Disney trips never long enough?!? I will finish the report tomorrow. :wink:

5 Likes

Excellent question.

Safe travels home. I’m sad we kept missing each other.

4 Likes

Here are a couple teaser pics from today, our last resort day, before I have the energy to fully update my trip report.

16 Likes

The delta between big DS and little DS has certainly grown in the last year! :joy:

2 Likes

Yes it has!! Big DS will be driving by year’s end! :scream:

3 Likes

BW And GF is the split we decided on! I was also a bit hesitant with it, but glad you loved it! I can’t wait!

Looks like a fabulous vacation!

3 Likes

We loved both for different reasons. Are you starting at BW and then moving to GF?

1 Like

Yes exactly. Boardwalk for three and then GF for three. We will be on the hotel side for both.

1 Like

That’s perfect! We stayed on the villa side of both. It felt like an upgrade to do it in that order. I think if we would have gone in the opposite order it would have been challenging.

2 Likes

Just wanted to say I appreciate this gesture. :blush:

:rofl:

4 Likes

Good to know! Can’t wait to finish reading your full report!

2 Likes

We made it home! I will share more tomorrow but here is what happened as soon as we got home. :two_hearts:

23 Likes

Two of the best things about small children*:
they can sleep in any position and still move upon waking
and their personal space bubbles are nearly nonexistent.

*thinking of small children taking their adults by the hand before exiting.

Thanks for the trip! :blush:

4 Likes

I thought maybe I would have slept in more but :woman_shrugging:. So, on to our Animal Kingdom day! We only rope dropped twice on our 9 day trip and this was one of those days. FoP is one of DD’s favorite rides so I wanted to hit that up once first thing and again with ILL. This was our first time to ride as a whole family. Backstory- last year, I made the mistake of having DS5 wear his crocs instead of tennis shoes and he was just a hair too short to ride. He was sooo disappointed. Not this year! Oh, and a note to parents of littles— they will check your kiddos height multiple times on this ride. I want to say he was checked 3 times each time we rode. Fortunately he is now 46+ inches so no close calls for us this year.

In the end, the line took about 45 minutes, but at least it was constantly moving since the LL doesn’t get used until official park opening. Everyone loved the ride! DS5 said it was “way better than Soarin”. After we, uh flew, he hopped over to Navi to ride with G+. Then, we came back to FoP to ride with ILL.

Next up, was Dinosaur. It was a Disney bucket list item for DS to ride this one multiple times. Dino’s are one of his favorite things. He wanted lots of photos of the dinos outside and inside.

Next up was Everest, one of DS15’s must do rides! He and I rode first and got stuck for about 10 minutes next to the Yeti shadow.

We hadn’t visited the Boneyard before but I knew DS5 would love it. He had a blast! I think it might be at the top of his list for our next visit!

Next up, birds! DS5 wanted to watch a bird show so we headed to the theatre in Asia to catch Feathered Friends in Flight. On our way, we saw our favorite Disney bird, Kevin! FFF was another first for us. I am so glad that we watched. The animals and trainers are amazing! Oh, they are funny too!

We love the Safari! On our trip this time, we saw a lot of… animal butts!

The Animation Experience was on DDs list. We drew Copper, which was a fun draw.

The rest of the evening, we did rerides of our favorites and hung out at the Boneyard some more. We also did a Bugs Life. The only thing we didn’t do this day was the Lion King show but I figured we could make it too priority next trip especially once it is back in its full glory!

A final note on AK, it brings me so much joy. I am so happy that more street performers have returned. They make the vibes so excellent. I found myself dancing more here than any other park this trip.

18 Likes

It’s so true! And thank you for following along! They are feeling the Disney blues today so I think we will be cuddling and watching Disney movies today.

4 Likes

Precious!

1 Like

I was just thinking about a couple random stories from our trip that make me smile this morning, so I am sharing it with you all!

We were an hour late for our Soarin’ G+. Here was the interaction with the cm…
CM: go ahead and tap on both sides.
Me: so we are really late, our pass expired 45 minutes ago. We got stuck in the Guardians queue for longer than expected.
Cm: moves in closer… how was it? :smirk:
Me: it was awesome! :laughing:
Cm: Yay! Also, we don’t care if you were tying your shoes for 45 minutes, we would still let you in. :joy:

Riding BTMRR for the third time in a row with DS5…
Going up the first cave hill with the bats
DS5: woooo!! This is my favorite part
Me: do you love this ride?!
DS5: it’s the wildest ride in the countryside, of course I love it!!

19 Likes

So precious!

2 Likes

Five year olds are so great. I love that wildest ride in the countryside. Hopefully that’ll get a lot of mileage on future trips! :heart_eyes:

At a Disney waterpark we’d gotten all situated on our lounges, in the sun, and 5 yo grandson says, “there’s nothing like a day at the beach!”

Which cracked me up!! :rofl:
And begged the reply: and this is nothing like a day at the beach . . . :sunglasses:

3 Likes

So sweet :two_hearts:

1 Like