An Adventure in the Great Wide Somewhere

I had intended to finish my report this week but we have had a very sad day at our house. Our dog passed away in his sleep last night. Please send healing messages. We have had him for 10 years. He was our oldest child’s best friend, my daughter’s playmate (born the same year), and my youngest son’s third parent. He was everything a dog could be and then some.

DS15 (then 5) with Apollo

DD10 (then 9 months)

DS5 (then 11 months)

14 Likes

That is so sad. I’m sorry.

2 Likes

So sorry to hear this news! Hugs to you and your family. :people_hugging:

3 Likes

I’m so sorry :cry:

3 Likes

So sorry for this loss. Sending hugs.

3 Likes

Thank you all. If love could have saved him, he would have lived forever. :two_hearts:

8 Likes

Oh no! That is such a devastating event to experience. I’m so sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

I’m so so sorry for your family’s loss. Sending hugs and healing thoughts to all of you.

2 Likes

He’s such a great family dog!

So good with kids. :heart_eyes:

We’ve been discussing movies in the Pixar poll. Wouldn’t it be great to have an ofrenda for him every year with photos and memories and good wishes. :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Yes, he was a gentle giant and so patient with the kids.

An ofrenda is a great idea. I started to collect photos today because I want to make a memory book of photos. The only tricky thing is he didn’t like to have his picture taken so we would often turn away when I would try to take a photo. I like to think that he was super humble and didn’t want to be a famous dog. :purple_heart:

10 Likes

I’m so sorry for you and your family’s loss :pensive: :blue_heart::blue_heart::rainbow::rainbow::paw_prints::paw_prints:

2 Likes

I’m so sorry! Some special dogs are truly like family.

3 Likes

My husband and I were talking about this exact idea last night. I have lost pets before but this loss has hit harder than I could have ever expected and I think it’s because he was such an integral part of our family. He felt more human to us than animal. He was there for the last 10 years of memories. It feels impossible to move on without him. :broken_heart:

7 Likes

I’m guessing he had few irritating habits. :hugs:

Of our 3 indoor doggies, the biggest one is nearly perfect. :blush:

The other two, boy howdy. One has gluten/ dairy issues - talk about seeming almost human. In some respects he seems quite bright but then potty training took 3 years. :confounded:

The littlest one - a rescue - has improved immensely over the last 4 years tho it’s obvious some areas have reached their peak. She very much needs lots of paw holding. :upside_down_face:

We’d miss any of them tho. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks for holding tight friends. Things are slowly returning to a more normal state at our house and I am ready to wrap up our TR so I can think about our next vacation!

Final Park Day- Saturday at MK!

Our day started with a sleep in morning… have I mentioned how much I love this and a monorail trip to the Magic Kingdom.

We started with some late morning castle and hub shots.

We ran around getting G+ and riding short wait rides in Fantasyland. We rode WtP, 7DMT, IASW, HM, BTMRR, and PPF all with under 10 minute waits.

We anticipated a big rain out this afternoon from the tropical storm so we mobile ordered at Pecos. The rain never ended up coming so next up we headed to do PotC, dole whips, Swiss family treehouse, and tiki room. We even got to hang with our favorite pirate! DD wanted new ears- she loved so many of them but eventually landed on these Aulani ones.

We wanted to ride Magic Carpets with a G+ but it went down right before we boarded. I went to a blue umbrella to have our pass restored. Instead they gave us 3 anytime passes. Score!

DD insisted on using one to ride BTMRR (no complaints here!). Unfortunately she lost her new ears on the ride. We hung out for a bit to try to locate them but we were directed to fill out a lost and found report.

We headed to the Poly around 2 to check into our room. We were right next to the TTC so we used the express monorail as a shortcut to get back to the hotel. We chilled in our room for a bit and headed back for our last evening.

We then met up and gave hugs to our favorite mouse!

We got our favorite quick service, Casey’s next!

We picked up a replacement set of ears for DD and kept the tags on just in case hers turned up by night’s end.
We used a G+ for JC and then hit standby Magic Carpets and headed back to BTMRR to ride with our anytime passes. I am so happy that this is a family favorite ride now. I even got my kiddos on board for row 15 rides (best row!). Plus we located DD’s ears. Yay!!

We finished up our souvenir shopping and then headed to Tomorrowland and rode Buzz a few times with walk-ons. We were then (people)moved during the fireworks— one of the best way to view them! We ran to Dumbo and caught the finale of Enchantment while riding. It was the perfect magical ending to our vacation!

14 Likes

You are correct!! This used to be my favorite ride, then GOTG opened!! It’s still in my top 3 though :grin:

Looks like you had an amazing trip! Thanks for the great report.

5 Likes

Oh I agree! GotG is definitely my top ride now. BTMRR is one of my favorite at MK though…. well alongside Splash, Potc, and HM. :wink:

6 Likes

What a fantastic day!

4 Likes

Final Day: Resort day at the Polynesian.

This day included…
:alarm_clock: Sleeping in with no alarm. Yay!
:doughnut: Breakfast at Ohana. I know this one is hit or miss for folks but this was an awesome value for our vegan family. All you can eat beyond sausages and just egg were a huge hit amongst everyone but especially DH and DS15. I think the vegan skillets are probably a better value than the regular since vegan meat substitutes are very $$$.
:volcano: Pool time at the Lava Pool. This is one of our favorite pools of all time. The water play area is awesome for littles and the pool slide is a lot of fun.
:tropical_drink: Drinks and dinner at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto. I signed up in person to be placed on the virtual queue. I signed up at 2:30 for a 3:00 opening. We were texted at 4:30 which worked perfectly for an early dinner for us. DH and I split the uh-Oa and the Krakatoa punch. The kiddos had Schweitzer Falls and the Skipper Sipper. We upgraded their drinks to include the souvenir mugs for $5, which was a great value for another souvenir. They have used them multiple times since being home. The cm antics are top notch at this lounge. It is now on our not to be missed list for future trips. :warning: Also, fair warning for the adults. The adult beverages were the strongest on property— exercise caution! :warning:
:blue_car: We then chilled in the lobby for our 7:15 pick up time. We again used Cast and Crew Transportation and we have nothing but fantastic things to say about the company and both drivers.

14 Likes

What a lovely last day!

3 Likes