An Adventure in the Great Wide Somewhere

Your report makes me so excited to stay at the Boardwalk.

Is the community center for everyone or just DVC?

2 Likes

Great matching shirts!

2 Likes

It’s for everyone :blush:

The kids were so excited that everything was included! I think some of the special crafts cost money but mostly everything was free.

6 Likes

What a great day! Are you using B1?

3 Likes

I was too intimidated by that thread.

2 Likes

I haven’t figured it out yet.

2 Likes

Good to know on the Boardwalk Community area! Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

What a great HS day! You did so much. I love Sci-Fi!

Your least favorite is one I have no desire to get! DH said based on my excitement getting Disco Inferno and then September he does not want to be with me if I ever get Conga He is worried I will just jump out of the ride LOL

Just wow! I am just so sad when things like this happen.

Love the shirts! I need that Leia one!

5 Likes

That sucks people are such morons. Still sounds like an epic day!

2 Likes

Now onto Wednesday which was our first MK day and resort transfer. But first, a backstory… DS made a Google slides presentation last year to convince us why a BW and GF split stay would be awesome. Flash forward 12 months and here we are living the dream!

We started our day by sleeping in. Have I mentioned that’s my new favorite thing to do on a Disney vacation? Crazy I know! :upside_down_face:

One of the best parts of a BW/GF split stay is that this was our first bus ride of the trip. DS loves it but the rest of the family not so much.

We arrived around 10:30 and we first saw the Winnie the Pooh and friends calvacade.

We then hit up Peter Pan.

We rode one of my favorites next- BTMRR! It was our first time as a whole family and it made my heart so happy!

Then we rode Space Mountain, which was also our fists time as a family. I am so happy too not have to use rider swap at all now in MK. :tada:

We rode Tomorrowland Speedway next.

Followed by Barnstormer…

Then came Splash Mountain, which is probably my favorite ride!
Before pic:

And after… :laughing:

Next up was Pirates!

Followed by dole whips and the parade!

At 3:30, we headed to GFV to get settled into our room, rest, and recharge because we were doing the deluxe hours.

After returning to the park at 6:30, we ate dinner and rode (in no particular order listed) HM, Buzz, Mad Tea Party, Dumbo, It’s a Small World, Seven Dwarves (x2), Carousel, Magic Carpets, and Peoplemover. When it was all said and done, we rode every ride except for WtP (closed) and Jungle Cruise. We had a LL/G+ for every ride except for our duplicate 7dmt and the rides that don’t have G+.

This one was inspired by @OBNurseNH ‘s DD

22 Likes

Epic day!

4 Likes

Lovely family, glad I could help.

3 Likes

Thursday was our resort day! This is our 4th annual trip and this was… our first ever no park day! It was fantastic. We slept in late after that crazy late night. After slowly waking up, we went to the Beach pool and played for a few hours. The kids love the pool games!

At the pool, we mobile ordered Gasparilla Grill for lunch. We came back a rested in the room for a couple hours. After that, we did a monorail tour. We had dinner at the Contemporary and perused their gift shops. Finally, we shopped around at the Poly and had dole whips for dessert. I must admit that I wasn’t sure about GFV before staying here but I think I am in love! :heart_eyes: I may have even window shopped the DVC site today. :smirk:

Oh, I almost forgot! When I download our photopass pictures, I’ll share the photos we got taken with Cindy’s glass slipper! They had photographer there and she took a bazillion photos. So fun!

18 Likes

I love that DS had a slide presentation about a split stay.
You did an incredible amount of things on a resort switch day.

7 Likes

Great to hear. Can’t wait to try it out.

2 Likes

Lines for Jungle cruise too long? What time did you leave?

Thanks for sharing. Looks like you had a great time!

1 Like

Yes- too long and it was either go for Jungle Cruise for our first pass or PP. I let the kiddos pick. If we would have started earlier, it would have been easy to fit in though!

We left at 1 am! :sleeping:

5 Likes

Great pics!

2 Likes

On our way to Animal Kingdom!

16 Likes

I knew your trip was going to be at least partially during mine but I was still hoping to catch your trip report. So glad I found this thread today! Hoping there are still more updates on your AK day (and beyond) to come!

2 Likes