An Adventure in the Great Wide Somewhere

:two_hearts: :two_hearts:

1 Like

@OBNurseNH clearly they haven’t met you!

10 Likes

Yes this is highly inaccurate

7 Likes

Boardwalk has a Dumbo bed?!

7 Likes

yes… it does :wink:

3 Likes

Yes!

3 Likes

Disney :rainbow:

21 Likes

That is amazing!

3 Likes

We saw it too!!

2 Likes

Stormtrooper selfie!

19 Likes

Help! Where should we watch enchantment from? Not going to the hub or Main Street.

1 Like

Near BTMRR exit?

1 Like

Are you here at MK tonight?

1 Like

We are here! Are you here still?

1 Like

Oh no. We just walked out.

2 Likes

I am hoping to catch up on my trip report today. We have a resort day planned so it should be pretty chill.

So day one (Saturday) was Epcot and I captured that up above. Day 2 (Sunday), we walked to Hollywood Studios. This is a family favorite park and DS5 is at a perfect age for a lot of the rides.

First, we piloted a piece of junk.

Then, we were captured by the First Order! :scream:

We played a toy-sized game.

We got warm hugs.

…visited Potatoland!

Rode Slinky, which is one of DS5s new fave ride!

We caught the Indy show (family’s first time). It was a big hit!

“Dropped” by to see Goof in line for ToT.

Went to Sci Fi for the first time. We had a fabulous server who captured this photo. I 110% recommend this restaurant!

We headed out of the park after dinner and explored the hotel. DS got put in time out. :joy:

We took this fun picture…

And finished the night on our balcony with a surprise partial fireworks view (we were in a standard room on the fourth floor).

Oh, also, we rode every ride at HS with the exception of ASS using G+/ILL. I am very pleased with that especially since we didn’t rope drop. DH is the one who was most eager to use lightning lane on this trip but the whole family is happy that we can move at a slower pace and sleep in! (Shocking I know!)

19 Likes

What an amazing day!

3 Likes

Memorial Day Recap:

Step 1 :v:t3:Guardian BG

After riding 4 times in two days, here is my advice… If you want to ride it once a day and you get a low boarding group, you absolutely do not need ILL. The BG wait time dramatically builds throughout the day. We showed up at 9:10 (early entry started at 8:00) and it was a walk on with our BG. Also, it is possible to have one person grab a BG and then switch over to ILL.

Here our our top 5 memories for our final Epcot day, which also happened to be Deluxe evening hours as well.

1. Guardians is suchhhhh and epic ride. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again and again on repeat! Ride it!!! We were excited to get 3 different songs on our 4 rides- Here they are in order from my favorite to least favorite Conga, One Way or Another, and lastly Everybody Wants to Rule the World

2. Pool time! We spent the afternoon at the Luna Park pool. Both DS5 and DD tried their first big water slide. It is great for beginners since it is open and doesn’t move too fast. And yes, that second pic is DS mediating. :laughing:

3. Character m&g with real hugs! My family is so happy for this to return. We will be glad when even more characters come back.

4. Test Track- design a car wasn’t here on our last family trip so everyone had a lot of fun on this ride this year. DS5 especially loves it since he thinks it impacts the ride experience :wink:

5. Harmonious. The good- the fireworks and projections are visually pleasing and it has great music. The bad- obviously it’s unsightly view during the day time and the lack of cm on crowd control, which brings me to the ugly. ***WARNING an actual real life account of a not so magical moment follows. If you want :rainbow: and :sunny: scroll to the photos below. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Ok here’s the ugly- we got to our viewing spot around 8:20 for a 9:00 show. I didn’t expect to have a front row view but we found a great spot up against railing in the section between world showcase and future world. There was a flower bed in front of us and then one more section in front of that next to the water. We had a great view of the large ring. After the show started, people started to climb on the railing on the other side of the garden in front of us. Then, disgruntled guests who couldn’t see because of the climbers, started climbing inside the flower bed. Flowers and plants were trampled left and right. There were probably 30 people who did this. I have a hard time letting go of that type of stuff and I was surprised that there weren’t any cm close by to stop this from happening. At this point it was very difficult to see the projections but I also get frustrated by the shoulder kiddos so we did our best to try to help DS5 and DD view what they could but mostly we just saw the fireworks. It’s a good thing DH balances me out because I found this super stressful but he brought me back to center. :woman_in_lotus_position: Lesson learned- next time, I will just find a random spot around the water where we can directly be next to railing, even if the projections aren’t very visible. Ok, rant over :joy:. We did snap some beautiful pics after the show.
:rainbow: and :sunny:

17 Likes

That is horrendous! Your pics are great though.

3 Likes

Tuesday: our final HS day.

Today we did ALL the things and it was a lot of fun. We started with a trip to the community center at the BW. This place is not to be missed, especially with kiddos. The have ping pong, foosball, air hockey, crafts, giant lawn games, video games, pinball, and it’s next to the quiet pool so you can hang out as a family and everyone gets to do what they want. Win win!

When we got to HS, we went straight to lunch. Wilder chose to eat in the banquet room at Pizzerizzos. He called it the party room!

RotR is still a winner in my book. I could ride it every day and still not get bored with it.

Slinky is also another winner. DS5 was so excited to ride with his big sister. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

One of DS5 top things to do at Disney was to buy a lightsaber as a souvenir. We did the build you own saber at Tattooine Traders. It was super cute. Obviously it wasn’t to the same caliber as Savis but for $29.99 :laughing: it was worth it and actually a really good value for a souvenir. The cm was also super sweet and fun so that added to the experience.

Parents, do yourself a favor and hit up Oga’s before riding ASS. This is our second year of accidentally (?) doing this and it is FUN!

After a long day of rides, we took the skyliner back to the hotel (sort of)

We hung out on the boardwalk playing for a bit and ended the night with some selfies and obligatory matching shirts!

19 Likes