Am I the only one currently avoiding Moderates?

How in depth are you both getting with your conquer the resorts list. Like, if you’ve stayed at Boulder Ridge are you checking off Wilderness Lodge? Or are BR, CC and WL all on the list?

I was mentally making my list and can’t decide where I want to draw the line… (I feel like there could be a conquer the resorts checklist/poll that we could refer back to and check off as we go…but I don’t know if polls here are timed)

3 Likes

But…what would be the point of that? Other than a different category name? It comes to the same end.

I do think Pop is priced out of value, but doesn’t offer the waterslide and hot tub. So…that makes is a value, I guess. Which is funny because we barely even look at the pool areas when staying on property!

2 Likes

I’m going to start broad and then eventually knock off more detailed categories. For example, I have stayed at WL but I really do want to try BR and CC someday! But they are not yet top priorities.

4 Likes

I’d like to hit literally all of them, but for now I’m going with the main resort and not specifying hotel side or dvc side

5 Likes

I am missing:
CBR (July)
Yacht (always soooooo expensive!)
CR/BLT
FW

5 Likes

It’s practically BC though, so I feel like you should get to count it :slight_smile:

6 Likes

See I feel it’s really pretty different

It’s definitely got a much more elegant upscale feel to it.

2 Likes

Ohhhh…I’m missing a lot more than that. I have a long way to go!

ASMovies
BC
Contemporary
FW
GF
OKW
Poly
POFQ
Riviera
Saratoga
WL (July)
YC

…and Swolphin.

3 Likes

I do not have the Swolfin situation on my list because I don’t believe in it

#snob

5 Likes

When I think of Value resorts, I think of a particular price range. And AoA and Pop are so far away from All Stars in those terms. But it’s just my opinion because Value is relative. And Deluxe resorts have a similar range (percentage, not $$$)
I guess I’m thinking the Skyliner is an additional resort perk and Disney prices these resorts accordingly. So when you compare Value resorts, Music and Pop don’t compare. But I place a high value on the Skyliner. For me it’s up there with the Monorail as a perk.

5 Likes

There are the occasional YC deals out there! I have it for $351/night August :slightly_smiling_face:

Don’t give up!

8 Likes

I would totally do it for that!

I love YC – it is stunningly beautiful, and I agree it is a much different feel from BC. But as long as I can book BC for a fraction of the price, it’s going to be hard to justify.

6 Likes

Same. Plus I never seem to find these “amazing” deals there so many people claim to.

My “missing” list…
Campground - but that’s never happening. I am not super bougie, but I don’t camp. LOL.
Value:
Movies
Moderate:
Cabins (they’re still Moderate on the site)
Deluxe:
Beach Club
Boardwalk
Grand Floridian (opposite of campgrounds…this one’s a nope because it’s TOO bougie for me)
Polynesian (I’ve only stayed Villas)
Wilderness Lodge
Yacht Club
Villas:
Bay Lake Tower
Boulder Ridge
Copper Creek
AKV Jambo
AKV Kidani
BCV
Boardwalk Villas
OKW
VGF

3 Likes

We almost booked CBR for January, but decided to use the Family Suite at ASMu instead.

We have never stayed at a moderate. Well, I mean technically we stayed in Dixie Landings (aka POR) in 1995, but it was considered a value resort back then.

3 Likes

Is it just you and DW?

1 Like

No…also my DS15.

We are only doing 4 nights there, and then 4 nights at SSR 1 bedroom on points.

We discovered by staying in a regular hotel room with 2 queen beds with our DS in April that if we want to sleep, a standard room isn’t gonna cut it!

4 Likes

Fully agree, lol. BUT staying in a family suite at Music is a way to get that 1BR feel… I’ve never considered it for DH and I. The points cost or, yikes, cash price is what keeps me out of many 1BRs for just us 2. But maybe I should price them out every so often… just in case.

1 Like

The only time I’ve ever stayed at a moderate (outside of when I was in high school and didn’t pick) was for last minute trips when there were only suites left at the values. Any time I’ve done a cash trip (we’re DVC) and come close to booking moderate there’s been a good DVC rental that came up.

1 Like

Mods are tricky for me. I would much rather stay at a mod than a value, as I find them one step up as it relates to theming and amount of people Values always seem crowded. But I also think GDT while swanky, needs an additional mode of transportation at that price point. The grounds at POR/FQ are marvelous and an attraction by themselves, but the rooms are dark and dated. If I don’t have to consider the budget when choosing between value and moderate - I will always choose moderate. For the purpose of the Skyliner, I would choose CBR over Pop.

4 Likes

We picked Deluxe this time for the Extra Evening Hours - M & W Epcot and MK - BWV 1 BR for 4 of us. I feel that all things in general have gotten way too expensive at WDW and after this trip, I am cutting back. We will stay moderate or value or at a DS Good Neighbor Hotel; probably ditch the park hoppers and possibly go from a 9 day to a 7 day trip. WDW has always been such a great “family time” place to go with my kids. That is why I was willing to pay a premium. However, I am at my limit now. So, our June trip is the last blow out. For kicks, I totalled up everything for this 9 day 8 night trip and I’ve spent $13,500 so far and have another $1,900 or so still to go when we get there.

5 Likes