AK’s second half problem

Just a cheeky monkey: Animal Butts - Walt Disney World - TouringPlans Discussion Forums

…but I just went back and watched a couple of those old skits now so thanks for the laughs!

2 Likes

They lacked flavor, the texture of the ground beef was icky (grisly/crunchy - you know the kind), and they were insanely greasy. I was expecting - as reports had been - it to taste like a big mac. I didn’t taste any of the cheese I could see, nor could I taste any of the other flavors. In the same way as the cheeseburger pods at Satuli were flavorless, these were the same

I’m wondering now if we somehow “crossed the streams”. I see you’re asking about cheeseburger PODS (at Satuli Canteen) but I was referring to cheeseburger egg rolls (and the far superior pastrami egg rolls) which are both only at MK

1 Like

AHA… well, either way, the intel is good to have…

1 Like

I followed the breadcrumbs back to the start.

Matthew mentioned the DFB review of the cheeseburger pods.
Randall then said yeah but they also said those cheeseburger eggrolls are yummy and they aren’t
And then I said, but how about the pastrami egg rolls, those are :drooling_face:

So I think the streams were indeed crossed and we know that’s bad

9 Likes

5 Likes

This changed - later hours opened up, at least for June, I think reservations were available until 7:00 or so.

4 Likes

DS8 has requested that on our next trip we take the train to Rafiki’s and then immediately get back on. But he really likes trains.

4 Likes

Oh that’s fantastic!

Oh thank goodness, I thought I was the only one who thought they were completely inedible.

It really was what I likened licking a grease trap to be like. :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

We watched from the side, which made it more interesting because you could see better how the cast members were managing the crashing. We kind of liked it as sort of low-tech fun. But didn’t I read it is all canceled at the end of May in any case? So I guess that was a minority opinion.

2 Likes

I thought it was fun too. I didn’t realize it was getting canceled.

1 Like

I was just saying this same thing about growing up with San Diego Zoo in my backyard, after that AK is most certainly a half-day park at most for me. And that’s WITH me doing all of the trails and KS.

AK is #4 for us too

I do love the attention the trainers/keepers give the animals, and how they genuinely care. So I’m more in the half-day but will do special tours to make up for the cost loss of me not being there a full day.

And funny I can spend an entire week straight, open to close, at San Diego Zoo and not need a single ride to supplement the experience other than their version of KS.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was confusing my Simons and my Phillips… too many Mike Myers characters residing in my head…

2 Likes

He was fantastic!

I was waiting for WE to open up inside the Maharajah Jungle Trek…DH and I just sat on a bench in rounded section and I tell you in the 30 minutes or hour or whatever it was many many different species of animals came visiting. I’ve never done that and it was awesome to just sit and watch.

3 Likes

For some reason I read this as crossed the “steams” because I love puns and there had been discussion of cheeseburger bao, but a Dr. Spengler reference is equally amazing.

And @sanstitre_has_left_the_building the correct answer is ride Navi 10 times (but I may be in the minority).

3 Likes

Correct

3 Likes

So you’re saying you don’t wish to be chauffeured around in the freshly painted vehicle?

Got it.

1 Like

I’m going to need to see the vehicle before making a final decision.

4 Likes