AK’s second half problem

The pastrami ones though :drooling_face:

1 Like

hmmm haven’t had those. I became kinda gun-shy of all disney-exotic egg rolls after having “experienced” the cheeseburger ones.

1 Like

The cheeseburger ones are disgusting.

Give the pastrami a go. They were SO good. I was just thinking about them yesterday in fact

2 Likes

Fair enough. I probably should have added a qualifier to my answer. I was thinking of only in Matt’s situation (adult, no children, limited time). Lots of IF’s:

IF:
You want to see/do every attraction at AK.
You have a thing for trains and must do any train.
You are really into seeing and touching an animal (any animal) up close, no matter what kind.
You want to try to catch a vet at work, such as an operation (and it’s the right time of day for that).
You want to do the Animation Academy.
You want to do the character meet and greet happening there (none, currently. I once met Chip & Dale there)
You want to see their few exhibits.

2 Likes

You say that like it is a bad thing.

4 Likes

you say that like it’s a GOOD thing??

3 Likes

You want to see their few exhibits.

Before AA was there, I just felt this was really lacking. There’s potential that’s just missed. It was like open a door in the wall like a children’s book to see a picture and a few spiders and lizards or something in cages. Wasn’t there a sounds of the Rainforest Exhibit too but even that I remember being hokey? To be honest as many times as I’ve gone to AK I’ve been to Rafiki’s twice and I only went the 2nd time for AA and hopped right back on the train after a quick walk around. I really like AK but this area needs more help than AA.

2 Likes

Just to add my sentiments on something regarding AK…
They have this enormous theater, which they built for the highly promoted ROL a few years back which sits empty for the most part and is a waste of space.

IMHO, “Kite Tails” is pathetic.

6 Likes

You know I saw the Jungle Book show they used as a place holder before ROL and it was actually really good imho. Why can’t they just bring that back?

3 Likes

I didn’t know it was built for ROL… that makes the cancellation of it even more stupid.

(And yes, kite tails has all the pizzaz of a cavalcade. It’s …nice, but not something you should be going out of your way for)

1 Like

That was an assumption on my part. I could be wrong.

2 Likes

No. It doesn’t even have that

Probably the best thing about it was when I happened to snap a pic of Kite Simba flying in toward me (I was not in the theater but outside Ananadapur Ice Cream Truck), and the angle made it appear he was about to eat a small child’s head, who was also in the frame.

The other best part is the crashing. Particularly if you’re near people who don’t know “don’t worry folks! it’s all a part of the show!”

7 Likes

I love the crashing!!

2 Likes

A restaurant near us does cheesesteak egg rolls that are amazing.

Will skip the cheeseburger egg rolls at WDW… noted and thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes

the stupid part is, AK at night is EASILY fixable.

Keep the rides going, keep the restaurants open, add the Awakenings and add times to the current shows.

I’m hoping once Nemo [re]opens, the hours will start getting extended again. They just need to add a night show. EVen somehting like @gingerSnaps543222 mention, the jungle book show, would be fine. That was stupid cheap and easy. Why it isn’t there, is moronic.

10 Likes

I’m with @gingerSnaps543222 on this. I was lucky enough to catch a surgery. They are really fascinating…and the kids that are into watching it are hilariously (and some disturbingly) into it and asking all kinds of weird questions (kids are weird).

For me, I have seen lots of animal blood and guts in fostering dogs. One time the minimal nighttime staff at the shelter told my then 10yo daughter she was going to have to help with the C-section because they have to pull out the puppies as fast as possible. So I’m pretty used to it LOL. If it saves a life, it’s neat in my book. We’re there for it!

3 Likes

Are you a hyper hypo?

But getting back to the Cheeseburger pods… what is wrong with them? I was looking forward to trying them on my upcoming trip?

You just answered your own question! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

We have an amazing Zoo in Memphis! (Usually ranked #7 in America by USA Today)

After riding FOP, EE, Dino! and then seeing a show (probably FOTLK) I’m ready to leave. IMHO - It really is a 1/2 day park. You could even RD AK, do all of the above and be waiting at the gates of your next park before the 2pm park hop…

I know that’s cynical. I don’t hate AK. I just don’t care if I ever go back as it is today. (I’d definitely go back for DAH at AK though!! Those event nights are well worth it!! Who knows if that will ever return??!!??)

This is just IMHO and for some this is a beloved park. TBH - if FOP wasn’t there I’d probably not even go to AK more than every other trip or so… (not even once per vacation)

2 Likes