AK’s second half problem

I’m with @gingerSnaps543222 on this. I was lucky enough to catch a surgery. They are really fascinating…and the kids that are into watching it are hilariously (and some disturbingly) into it and asking all kinds of weird questions (kids are weird).

For me, I have seen lots of animal blood and guts in fostering dogs. One time the minimal nighttime staff at the shelter told my then 10yo daughter she was going to have to help with the C-section because they have to pull out the puppies as fast as possible. So I’m pretty used to it LOL. If it saves a life, it’s neat in my book. We’re there for it!

3 Likes

Are you a hyper hypo?

But getting back to the Cheeseburger pods… what is wrong with them? I was looking forward to trying them on my upcoming trip?

You just answered your own question! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

We have an amazing Zoo in Memphis! (Usually ranked #7 in America by USA Today)

After riding FOP, EE, Dino! and then seeing a show (probably FOTLK) I’m ready to leave. IMHO - It really is a 1/2 day park. You could even RD AK, do all of the above and be waiting at the gates of your next park before the 2pm park hop…

I know that’s cynical. I don’t hate AK. I just don’t care if I ever go back as it is today. (I’d definitely go back for DAH at AK though!! Those event nights are well worth it!! Who knows if that will ever return??!!??)

This is just IMHO and for some this is a beloved park. TBH - if FOP wasn’t there I’d probably not even go to AK more than every other trip or so… (not even once per vacation)

2 Likes

Just a cheeky monkey: Animal Butts - Walt Disney World - TouringPlans Discussion Forums

…but I just went back and watched a couple of those old skits now so thanks for the laughs!

2 Likes

They lacked flavor, the texture of the ground beef was icky (grisly/crunchy - you know the kind), and they were insanely greasy. I was expecting - as reports had been - it to taste like a big mac. I didn’t taste any of the cheese I could see, nor could I taste any of the other flavors. In the same way as the cheeseburger pods at Satuli were flavorless, these were the same

I’m wondering now if we somehow “crossed the streams”. I see you’re asking about cheeseburger PODS (at Satuli Canteen) but I was referring to cheeseburger egg rolls (and the far superior pastrami egg rolls) which are both only at MK

1 Like

AHA… well, either way, the intel is good to have…

1 Like

I followed the breadcrumbs back to the start.

Matthew mentioned the DFB review of the cheeseburger pods.
Randall then said yeah but they also said those cheeseburger eggrolls are yummy and they aren’t
And then I said, but how about the pastrami egg rolls, those are :drooling_face:

So I think the streams were indeed crossed and we know that’s bad

9 Likes

5 Likes

This changed - later hours opened up, at least for June, I think reservations were available until 7:00 or so.

4 Likes

DS8 has requested that on our next trip we take the train to Rafiki’s and then immediately get back on. But he really likes trains.

4 Likes

Oh that’s fantastic!

Oh thank goodness, I thought I was the only one who thought they were completely inedible.

It really was what I likened licking a grease trap to be like. :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

We watched from the side, which made it more interesting because you could see better how the cast members were managing the crashing. We kind of liked it as sort of low-tech fun. But didn’t I read it is all canceled at the end of May in any case? So I guess that was a minority opinion.

2 Likes

I thought it was fun too. I didn’t realize it was getting canceled.

1 Like

I was just saying this same thing about growing up with San Diego Zoo in my backyard, after that AK is most certainly a half-day park at most for me. And that’s WITH me doing all of the trails and KS.

AK is #4 for us too

I do love the attention the trainers/keepers give the animals, and how they genuinely care. So I’m more in the half-day but will do special tours to make up for the cost loss of me not being there a full day.

And funny I can spend an entire week straight, open to close, at San Diego Zoo and not need a single ride to supplement the experience other than their version of KS.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was confusing my Simons and my Phillips… too many Mike Myers characters residing in my head…

2 Likes

He was fantastic!