Ads? On TP forums?

Ah I see, good catch. Wondering what day we’ll see these ads, hoping they’re not too annoying.

On my iPad I get that large space that @bebe has on the desktop

BUT, more annoying is that the page opens- every single time- to a oversized font.

I had the banner at work today

So much for firewalls

1 Like

Weird. My adblocker is blocking it, but it doesn’t show anything was blocked.

2 Likes

Is this new. The ads seem to be gone?

Bottom of pages?

1 Like

I don’t think so?

If only we knew the owner of this page and could ask, “hey what the heck is up anyway?”

:rofl:

2 Likes

My “Unread” view

It is different.

1 Like

You’ve read… everything?! :flushed:

1 Like

It only shows you what is Unread from threads you are tracking.

I like to keep my Unread clean as well.

4 Likes

@Randall1028 and I talked to Len this morning and we asked about the ads. They have been running a few tests and their intent is only non-subscribers will see the ads.

Len did share they need to generate more revenue coming out of Covid and this is one strategy.

Subscribers should not see the ads.

9 Likes

This looks new to me today (or I’m continually unobservant :woman_shrugging:t4::laughing:).

2 Likes

I think that is new but it looks like another test to me.

2 Likes

The big advertisement blocks have disappeared for me.

1 Like

For me too.

I’m on a desktop browser but I can actually see this if I scroll all the way down. It also pops up into view briefly when I switch between pages because there’s nothing pushing it below the bottom of my screen while it refreshes.

2 Likes

That’s how I noticed it.

I’m on a phone, so the banner thing isn’t as noticeable. I missed that it was gone.

:roll_eyes::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

OK, I just an ad pop up at the bottom…?

Still more tests is my guess

1 Like

It was an actual pop up automobile ad. Came up while I was responding to a thread. Had to close it before I could continue typing. (Made sure I did not have more than one tab open too.)

4 Likes

Sounds like someone messed up the test😀.

7 Likes