Ads? On TP forums?

When I logged out, it looked the same. No actual ad.

Thereā€™s always been a link to your dashboard. I know there has been a thread here a while ago about adverts popping up. I donā€™t recall the details.

1 Like

It used to just say My Dashboard or Dashboard though

It reads differently now.

The ads discussions were about something else I thought - maybe the blog?

3 Likes

Hmmm. Maybe it just stands out more now because of the big space?

I know, but the link itself was there in exactly the same place.

I think it was on the blog, youā€™re right.

3 Likes

Yes, it was in the same spot.

The change in verbiage suggests a bigger change in the background I think

Iā€™d rather pay a higher subscription price than to have ads

5 Likes

I agreeā€¦but donā€™t say such things out loud or it might invoke the spirit of Chapek!

2 Likes

Len and Chapek are not on the same level at all.

What we pay for a TP subscription is so miniscule - I remember thinking it was the best $10 I ever spent on a vacation back when it was $10. Things become more expensive, I get it. I hate ads and I love this place - Iā€™d rather support it directly than be subjected to popups

6 Likes

I agree.

2 Likes

I agree! But will add if itā€™s the small ads for TP products that @PrincipalTinker shared then itā€™s not a big deal to me.

2 Likes

But the random ads started on the TP Blog articles weeks ago, theyā€™re very annoying.

2 Likes

I guess because I read the blog in Feedly with other sites mixed in I didnā€™t notice because they all have ads.

1 Like

Personally I donā€™t mind if they need to put ads on their products to support it. This is all expensive and every little bit helps. As long as theyā€™re not overly distracting, like pop-ups.

I would think the Forum would not need ads due to the subscription though. Hopefully as @ThorKat suggested ads might only be visible to those without a subscription.

Right now it looks like a placeholder. Thereā€™s no difference between when Iā€™m signed in or signed out (presuming that when Iā€™m signed out thatā€™s how it would look to a non-member)

Iā€™m at home now and I have the ADVERTISEMENT placeholder thingie here too

2 Likes

You can see Cava if your subscription expired. You just need an account. I just resin scribed last month and was in Cava before that.

1 Like

oh, thank you for that info. I misunderstood then.

Yes, also with the free basic subscription that works for the ADR finder.

Oh boy. Now I found the banner at the bottom too :confused:

2 Likes

That was there when this thread started. I noticed it.

1 Like