A rare moment of moaning from me

It was an abomination of a thread started by someone who was just trying to start trouble. :wink:

5 Likes

You forgot white pudding which is sometimes included. Eggs can be any type, scrambled or poached.

Of course here in Scotland we also have sliced haggis and square sausage (which is basically the sausage meet without the skin, and then sliced up).

And then there’s fried bread, or as my Dad would do, “bread dipped in the fat”. Nope to the latter and a big yes to the former from me!

4 Likes

I love fried bread! I very rarely eat it though.

I have it maybe one day in 3 weekends.

It’s a Christmas miracle! We agree on something!

Fried bread with marmalade is the absolute best.

5 Likes

Something tells me you shouldn’t have pressed your luck. :joy:

By the way, thanks for dropping back into the thread. happy new year!

3 Likes

Is this another one of those times you can’t just call things by their normal names? It’s pancakes isn’t it? So help me if I google it and it’s just pancakes… :rofl:

6 Likes

I would probably only have a cooked breakfast once a year!

No strangely enough it’s bread that has been fried. Hard to guess from the name :rofl:

5 Likes

Usually it’s fried in bacon drippings… Yummy! And I’m not even British! (Well, technically I’m Welsh on my mom’s side, but never been to the UK!)

1 Like

I always thought pigs in a blanket was sausage wrapped in pancakes (this is making me hungry).

1 Like

6391099fb264d97287503acbc602b241

1 Like

I was thinking french toast. I’d like to try some of their fried bread though.

1 Like

Sorry for asking but is fried bread like deep fried in oil bread or fried in frying pan bread?

Fried in a pan with bacon grease, usually.

Well that gives me an idea for my next grilled cheese. Bacon grease instead of butter, yum.

2 Likes

I’ve heard of people using mayo instead of butter too. I’ve never tried it, but I bet it browns up nice

That’s actually common in restaurant settings, simply because it spreads easier.

1 Like

Sounds quite disgusting

4 Likes

That was my initial response, but it’s basically oil and egg i think.

1 Like