A rare moment of moaning from me

YES. The good news is I have mostly been cured of my wanderlust.
Perhaps it will return in the spring…

1 Like

Jax wanted to wish you and Calvin a Happy Christmas

14 Likes

Merry Christmas, Matt and everyone! Thanks for the support, laughs, info and camaraderie over the past year. I’m so grateful for this community!

9 Likes

And Albert! @vcka

13 Likes

:heart:

Merry Christmas @sanstitre_has_left_the_building!

3 Likes

Merry Christmas Matt! Seeing your hotel, for some reason I’m really hoping Santa brings you a jigsaw puzzle. Merry Christmas liners. About time for me to go eat cookies and milk…

5 Likes

Merry Christmas, lets hope 2021 brings a Disney trip to you.
Also your meal looks delicious. Tell me what it is!!

3 Likes

I hope you and Calvin have a nice get away! I’m so tired of not going anywhere I keep rearranging the furniture!

4 Likes

I hope you and Calvin had a good Christmas, Matt.

I share your sentiment. I’m in Canada. So close - a mere 2 day drive to WDW or 24 hours if you’re dedicated and drive right through - BUT there’s a border between me and that elusive Fantasyland. A closed border. I could drive up to it, but not cross it. Maybe just as well. I’d have to go through New York state and, well, reading some of the residents’ opinions of that closure, I may be better off not setting foot over that border for a little while.

On a brighter side, ‘they’ say the vaccine will work on the mutated viruses, as well, so there’s still hope. Also, that UK strain has now been found in many places around the world. That French quarantine of the UK may be lifted before your April trip.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry you are in such a bad mood. You are not alone. I have been avoiding the news recently because it just puts me in a foul mood. I’m in the U.S. and did not realize foreigners were still banned from entering our country. I am sorry. Hopefully, with the vaccine, that will change very soon.

1 Like

7 Likes

You gave away the secret! I figured you cooked all that from scratch yourself

Edit: and I find it completely unacceptable that a bacon wrapped sausage is called a pig in a blanket. It needs to be wrapped in bread of some sort. What you’ve got there is a “pig in some more pig”

Edit 2: and to be clear, I have no problem whatsoever with bacon wrapped sausage. It’s very American. I only take issue with the name.

9 Likes

Haha, totally not pigs in a blanket!

3 Likes

A sausage wrapped in bread is a hot dog. :joy::joy::joy:

I just looked this up though.

“Pigs in blankets” U.K. version name dates form 1957 and is a small sausage wrapped in bacon.

“Pigs in a blanket” is the US version and is often a sausage wrapped in croissant pastry.

7 Likes

Thanks, but I don’t think I’ll be taking food advice from the U.K. :wink: There was a very disturbing thread a while back about what they eat for breakfast.

9 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

What do they eat for breakfast? Now I want to know :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I don’t know the thread he’s referring to, but breakfast can be anything from cereal or toast like we eat to things like canned beans on toast, broiled tomatoes, black pudding (which is made with blood.)
I can’t remember if kippers (fish) are a thing or not.
The “Full English” (usually called a fry up) is fried eggs, bacon (different than our bacon) sausage, beans, toast, black pudding, tomatoes, and mushrooms.

2 Likes

hmmm… well most of that doesn’t sound too bad. I remember my grandmother making blood sausage when I was little. I suppose if you grow up with it then it doesn’t seem awful?

2 Likes