A lurker’s try at live trip report

Ikr!

I had completely moved on from aspirin and was astonished at the ortho guy’s recommendation.

But happy with the results.

1 Like

That’s what matters.

1 Like

Another game changer I started using on our 2017 trip is a cane. Simply for support. Much like trekking poles are recommended for backpacking.

Really extended the length of time walking comfortably.

I do Tylenol for pain and ibuprofen/other NSAIDs for inflammation or pain caused by inflammation.

1 Like

I’m FREE!! It’s raining light here. Gonna rest up a little. Thanks for all the tips. Did get née sneakers for the trip and was more worried about blisters but good there. I have been popping Advil and it does seem to help. Gonna go back to the room and elevate some, those meeting chairs were not the best. Got my poncho ready if I need it and I’m definitely gonna sneak out to EP tonight. Anyone looking for me, I must have feel asleep and didn’t hear my phone. If anyone from group was part of this group, I’m sure I would have heard by now so I think I’m safe. Haha. Plan on snacking tonight. Will try and take pics.

9 Likes

:grin:

Didn’t really rest much. Was on the phone with my worry-wort DD trying to tell her it’s just going to storming there tonight and Daddy will take care of her. The weather looks pretty bad at home with remnants of Ida. Flash flood and tornado warnings. DD has terrible anxiety and it didn’t help that a couple of weeks ago our area was hit by quite a few tornadoes touching down not too far from us. Tornadoes were unheard of up until recently, crazy weather.
So I got myself changed, packed up my bag making sure to have my poncho (still raining) and sneaked out. Walked briskly to the bus stop making it look like I was out for a walk. Not sure what I’m worried about haha.

So I still plan on enjoying myself rain and all. It’s pretty light and supposed to clear up. Hopefully so, didnt get to TT on Monday and really wanted to ride it. Back in 2019 when I went on with my DD, she was so freaked out she bit my arm so hard it drew blood and was bruised for weeks. Needless to say I didn’t enjoy myself much. I told you she’s not a ride kid, too much anxiety, way too much for a 7 year old. So sad it breaks my heart. Well let pray the forecast is right, either way I’m gonna have a couple drinks and eat.

6 Likes

Oh and look. My private Chauffeur. Either I’m really special or really smelly. (I think neither)

12 Likes

If you find yourself at the Lobster booth, could you ask if the dip is dairy free? I’m super interested in trying it, but if it’s not I’ll take it off my list now and make other plans for something else.

The one with the lobster roll at the America Pavilion? Not sure if there are any others with lobster

Or lobster landing?

1 Like

I assume you’re referring to Lobster Landing with the Bisque sauce:

1 Like

Yes! Lobster Landing. They have the dip with the homemade chips I’m looking at.

1 Like

The dip is gluten free, but DFB mentioned that it tasted like queso - not sure if that means it has cheese or just tastes like it:

Really enjoying tonight at EP. Kinda spitting and pretty breezy, doubt there will be fireworks but haven’t heard anything yet. 3 drinks in, Kiwi Mimosa, passion fruit margarita (no pic) and some type of Wild Cherry from Germany that I’m really enjoying. Actually all 3 were really good. Don’t mind my lovely nails(could never be a hand model side effect from no thyroid and Graves’ disease) The only snack so far was also from Germany, Schinkennudeln or Mac n cheese with ham and onions. Pretty good. On to my next

12 Likes

The lobster dip is amazing but I would be shocked if it’s dairy free. It tastes quite creamy.

1 Like

One of the other reviews said it tasted heavy mayo, so I’m cautiously optimistic there’s no dairy.

Yeah…. That’s the part that worries me. :grinning:

2 Likes

Those drinks sound amazing! Passion fruit margarita—- yum!!

1 Like

Cheers! What time is your first meeting? :laughing:

1 Like

Same as today breakfast buffet starts at 630a until 815a. Got there way too early this morning so I going to shoot for 745, maybe even closer 8. They never start on time.

2 Likes