A lurker’s try at live trip report

Lobster dip does indeed have cheese in it looked amazing but was just too heavy for me after all the indulging I did.

2 Likes

So where did I leave off. I really wanted to eat more. Had my heart set on pizza, just had a craving, but the to-go window was closed. So mad because I saw it open on Monday.

Had to get another of my favorites, Italian margaritas. Then at Hops & Barley, had the Hot Roast beef sandwich. This was really good. The beef was so tender, the horseradish sauce and pickled veggies really balanced it out. Could have eaten a whole sandwich.
Made my way around the entire WS(again) finished my Remy hunt. Needed a little pick me up so had some concoction from Joffrey’s with ice coffee and vodka, Kahlula and one other liquor. Put a fork in me after that. Made my way to the single line at TT. Wow, I literally missed the whole ride last time worrying about losing my flesh to my DD. Purchased a shirt in Germany for my Pop and a princess “Brave” sweatshirt for my granddaughter. Yes, we have one granddaughter whose 3 and our youngest is 7. I say atleast we had our last before grandkids arrived. Our oldest is 30, two 26, and one 25. Then our baby. The older ones are not getting gifts, they had their times. Haha

Made my way to the bus and maybe waited all of 3 minutes until it showed up. Can’t wait to get back to the room, shower and call it a night. Pray I make it through tomorrow and back to MK I go. Have lots of shopping to do!

9 Likes

9 Likes

Got back to CSR and wanted to take a little walk. Could hear fireworks from MK and couldn’t believe, standing out by the lake could see them right over the top of the trees in the distance. I knew you could from the tower, and I’m sure much better, but was pretty surprised. From where I’m at, EP fireworks would be blocked by the tower.

This really is a beautiful resort. I have never stayed in a moderate, but all the deluxe resorts and with DH we did FW in a rented camper.

14 Likes

Wait, I can see EP from here around the lake. Wow, I’m so surprised. Wanted to beat the crowds that’s why I left EP before they started

13 Likes

It’s early. You could always go for a nightcap. :grimacing:

1 Like

Wow! Two fireworks shows from one spot! GDT must be a wonderful place to spend an evening!

2 Likes

I used to get shin splints so bad it felt like my shins were on fire. Really you need to rest them. But you’re at Disney so you can when you get home. Long term shoes are definitely where it’s at. I don’t get them anymore. I wear Ons. They are relatively low heeled (not much rise but some) and can bend like your foot can. The 0mm shoes really took my problem away but gave me feet issues instead so pick your poison. These Ons seems to be a nice middle ground for me. I’d definitely try some things and play around with finding the perfect pair of sneakers for you.

Short term ice and if you can find it medical tape. You tape them straight down and then a few times around. At least thats what I did in colorguard from jazz running. The Google might have the latest taping instructions for shin splints as that was a long time ago

But you have to let them heal and then get the right pair of shoes. I really do think shoes with a lot of rise are a bit part of the problem from my experience. But that could be individual.

I was afraid that dip was too good to be true. Thanks for checking for me! I appreciate you taking the time.

You’re having great bus luck this trip! And those fireworks! I really have no concept of space because I would have thought that MK was way too far away to see fireworks. So cool!

1 Like

Oh this is brutal. It’s very hard sitting here trying to concentrate when I just want to be out enjoying myself. They have been feeding us good, Mickey waffles and all for breakfast!

Plan for today after the torture is over is MK. Want to end my stay at the most magical place on earth. Looking for some suggestions of where to eat; either QS or I did look and I actually could get an ADR for all the sit down locations including BOG. I’m very undecided and need some help!

6 Likes

Skipper Canteen for some cheese bread would be my pick. Pecos Bills for qs.

1 Like

Really enjoyed our stay at CSR in December. Loved our meal at the Three Bridges. Their heaters work great.

We’ve stayed at FW, most deluxes and two moderates - Riverside and CBR. CSR feels very unmoderate. The many dining choices have to help with that.

Thank you for bringing us along.

I’m partial to Tony’s outdoor patio for the view.
Skipper Canteen, Casey’s, Columbia Harbor House, Liberty Tree (yummy dessert.)

Have you done BOG? If not do that. If so, Skipper’s for quality of food and fun

Yippee! I’m free!! When I came back the dreaded envelope was hanging on the door. For all I know, it was there this morning and my sleepy eyes didn’t see it.
Pick up is showing 6am. My flight is 920am. I have just carryon and my personal bag. Can I also carry this guy? I’m thinking of scheduling UBER/Lyft to sleep a bit later, but any suggestion on what time??

6 Likes

The only sit down I have ever done in MK as been CRT so I really am open to them all. As far as menus go, BOG or Tony’s are most appealing. I’m married to an Italian so we make most of the items on the menu and I like to try things I do not cook at home. Maybe I will flip a coin.

I have found that is great going solo to do whatever I want, however that’s had when I cannot make a decision sometimes to save my life!!

5 Likes

If you like Italian food and are from the Philly area (howdy neighbor!) I would skip Tony’s. While it is okay, you can get far better Italian food closer to home.

We are trying both Skipper’s Canteen and LTT during our trip next month, but have really enjoyed BOG and the Plaza Restaurant (the old menu was far better) in the past. I don’t think you can go wrong w/ any of them.

2 Likes

BOG gets bleh reviews, but I think it is solid, it not Topolino’s or Narcoosee’s

And for dessert, you get The Grey Stuff :slight_smile:

ETA plus it is so fun to be in the castle. and see the Beast.

2 Likes

I think you are like really a neighbor and quite close to us. DH was born and raised in South Philly so that kind of says it right there but I was able to get him to the suburbs, and that’s a stretch, but we are in Jenkintown now.

Anyway, BOG it is. Figured it’s my last night and I should treat myself before I go back to being a mom and wife.

10 Likes

Yes, very close. We are in Ambler …right in the borough. :slight_smile:

I grew up on Long Island, but dh is from Maple Glen and his extended family was all from South Philly.

1 Like