A lurker’s try at live trip report

Oh God no, online. Google Ambrie and they have a ton of cute things. Love their leggings but way too hot for down here right now

6 Likes

I love your “oh god no” response, I feel the same haha. I have such admiration for creative people and have many friends/family that make Cricut masterpieces. I…am not one of them. Have a great evening! Fun following along so thanks for posting!

3 Likes

NO fireworks tonight. Not sure why, there’s a very slight breeze, no real wind, so I’m not sure what the deal is. A bit disappointed so I think I’m just gonna start knocking out rides. So far did Tiki birds and COP because I wouldn’t be able to during the party and they are both my favs ( I know, silly right?) Tons of people leaving, guessing because of the canceled fireworks. They are still having the projections.

8 Likes

COP is my favorite as well. I think it’s because I have an emotional connection to it from my childhood. I’ve managed to pass it on to my DD20 too.

1 Like

Obviously one of my favorites as well, as you can tell from my profile picture.

1 Like

It’s 1130p and I am walking to the bus. I cannot believe I am still dripping sweat at this time of the night! Anyway, it was a very nice night. This would be the type of thing my DH could handle. He despises crowds and kinda has issues with the sun so that’s really why he cannot enjoy it here too much. Tonight crowds were low and it really made me miss him. I accomplished quite a bit. Probably easier to list what I didn’t do, Laugh floor, philharmonic and SW. I literally rode everything else in the 5ish hours I was there. Also did get some candy, not a ton, but will make some nice snacks over the next days when I need a sugar high in the meetings. Grab numerous waters for back at the hotel and even had a Mickey bar and sandwich although only ate about half of each. The only thing I didn’t get to was some shopping. I plan on coming back Thursday evening for that, I mean I did pack an extra suitcase to bring things home. Gotta fill that up with goodies. On the bus now, will hike back to the room and settle in for the night. Meeting starts bright and early at 7a for breakfast. Hope I can keep my eyes open all day.

15 Likes

You look great!

1 Like

You look fantastic and the braids are the perfect touch. And probably helped to keep you a little cooler keeping the hair off your neck. I love how you set a boundary and are ignoring your coworkers. I work in a male dominated field as well and the testosterone is real! I hope your meetings are bearable today and you have fun at the park later!

2 Likes

I’ve really been enjoying your trip report! It sounds like you’re really getting to experience so many things, which is awesome!

I can completely relate to being one of the few female workers in a male dominated field (managing construction projects), so I can relate to needing your own time. Hope your meetings aren’t too painful today!

Sounds like a great time! The After Hours events always surprise me with how much you can get accomplished!

1 Like

Haha I’m the only woman in sales at my Ford dealership too. Your trip is awesome. It is hard to keep up with a live report but that’s because you have no lines and you’re having so much fun!

2 Likes

Not a very exciting day, all day meetings kill me just not used to sitting this long and trying to keep my eyes open after the late night I had last night. The info is not all that appealing.

Anyone have any suggestions to help with shin splints? My legs are really hurting.

Meeting is going until 3p today with a cocktail reception starting at 5p. Right now I have all intentions of skipping it and heading back to Epcot. I rather be alone at EP than alone at this so called “party”.

6 Likes

I’d do massage and aspirin.

And wear my most cushiony shoes

1 Like

Runner here. Ice for those shin splints. May not seem like it’s working right away, i.e. they won’t magically disappear. But it definitely works/helps.

Enjoying your trip report!

3 Likes

Short answer: Consistent anit-inflammatories and icing.

Longer answer: I have flat feet and over pronate. As a young person I marched/jazz ran in parking lots for 15+ hours/day in crappy sneakers and suffered from shin splints for months. Pricey orthotics helped long term, but now good sneakers from a running store that evaluates each person have made all the difference in the world.

When I was suffering from shin splints as a young person, I wasn’t in a position to stop my activity so consistent anti-inflammatories and icing every 4 hours or so was what got me through that summer. Reduction of the inflammation was key. I was also supposed to rest (and not march) which would have helped a lot as well.

4 Likes

Ice and ibuprofen. And stretching.

3 Likes

This is so key. Especially at WDW. Especially as an older person. Who’s only going to walk, slowly. :grin:

…yes, I should have been very clear. I do NOT run. At all. I do walk though and good sneakers have been the game changer that allows me to do so.

1 Like

A few years ago I broke my arm. Didn’t care for narcotics as they don’t work (I’m now nauseated and still in pain). I suggested ibuprofen to the ortho guy who in turn suggested aspirin.

:hushed: wow. My body prefers aspirin (tylenol gives me nightmares :japanese_ogre:). So weird.

Between ice, aspirin and stretching, my left arm/shoulder mobility is now better than pre- break.

Amazing what the proper match does for a person.

1 Like

That’s interesting about tylenol giving you nightmares.
I tend not to think about aspirin because I work in pediatrics and you shouldn’t give it to children.

2 Likes