A Few Of My Favorite Things. (Live/Solo)

“When you wish upon a star … as dreamers do.”

11 Likes

OMG that’s hilarious

2 Likes

I definitely will. I can tell you now, my overpacked luggage doesn’t fit in here. :laughing:
But I will give it chance before final thoughts.

3 Likes

Have heard that one must need to be comfortable making use of the bathroom for storage purposes in these rooms.

2 Likes

Nice view!

2 Likes

Holy grail!

1 Like

I’ve heard that too. Also, isn’t the [small] closet in the bathroom?

I really wanted to do the Tower Room for my August trip, but when I added on an extra night for cheaper flights, it was no longer available. And I refuse to do the split stay or check-in/check-out/check-in game. (As a light packer (as in I’ve done a 10-night trip inclusing a running cruise to Alaska in carry-on only), storage is not an issue for me.)

1 Like

I think so. @TheSafetyLady will have to give us that scoop

1 Like

Sure is. Larger than the room. :laughing: Kidding.

3 Likes

The Skyliner/Resorts are great for transferring hotel to hotel. Riviera to HS (including transfer at CBR), bus to Contemporary- less than thirty minutes.
Another scary ride all alone. But it’s just like wearing shoes that hurt your feet because they’re cute. ( I don’t do that anymore, though.)

ETA: CO bus was waiting for me. That makes a difference.

19 Likes

Wow! That’s really great time!

And also, if I was traveling solo, I’d want to be on the skyliner alone. Fear of being in a place I can’t get out of alone with a stranger would be unbearable for me. Being a girl comes with so many thoughts that guys don’t even have to consider.

12 Likes

Isn’t that the truth?

When I was in AC in October, I was in a situation where I ended up in an elevator alone with two large young men. And I was very nervous.

It’s a shame, really.

4 Likes

Y’all! I am BEYOND excited for Celwbration at the Top. Had to sell a kidney, but I’m here. As you enter one of three rooms they have you pick up a delicious Bellini. Choose your seat, but I was asked where I wanted to sit. (Being solo stands out - in a good way most often.)
I said “I want to sit by the bar, please”
I am not ashamed. :laughing:

18 Likes

Will there be photos?

1 Like

sympathetic heart because I’ve been there and it’s scary.

1 Like

Yes. I’m two Bellinis in. What kind of photos can I post here? Lol! I play too much.

6 Likes

THIS! I’ve learned on off-hours to get in the subway car where there is an employee. Yes, they’re behind a door, but in an emergency I could yell and pound. When I was run/walking and training for Goofy, I had an early morning start and a guy was following me on the train - first time I changed because the car was frigid so at first I thought he had changed for that reason too, but I noticed him staring; I changed cars again, and so did he, still watching me; there were enough people in that car I stayed put until a station where I knew there was still a booth with a person in it (or barring that a 24-hour CVS right at the top of the stairs) - I jumped out at what I thought was the last second and bolted to the booth; I told the woman there I just wanted to stand there for a few moments and explained what had happened - she did offer to call the police but since the guy hadn’t actually touched me I declined; he did come up the stairs, but when he saw me talking with her, he went down the other side; the agent in the booth had me stand with her until the downtown train came and she verified that he had gotten on it and it had pulled out.

Give me an empty skyliner gondola over that ANY day!!

8 Likes

All the photos! Food, drinks, atmosphere.

3 Likes