A Few Of My Favorite Things. (Live/Solo)

Everything!

2 Likes

How to serve a Cosmopolitan …

18 Likes

I thought we’d be good friends. Now confirmed. :rofl:

7 Likes

About 30 people in the room I’m in. Interesting how the volume has escalated to ten. Drinks flowing.

6 Likes

My favorite is the pork bao bun. The bun is a mouth pillow. Delicious pork with crunchy pickles/carrot slaw.

14 Likes

Their observation deck for Enchantment verses ours,

10 Likes

For a better perspective, there were four people behind me in this picture.

6 Likes

I am loving your trip report! You are hilarious! Thanks for bringing us along!

5 Likes

Joining late! But happy to read your reports!

2 Likes

I have more to share on Celebration at the Top. Working on transport back to Riviera. I knew it would be tricky. First instinct is always Uber, but MK just closed, so surge pricing. $35-$55. Decided to wait for bus to DS, which was 18 minutes - at first. Upon arrival to DS I still have to wait for another bus. And I learned today the pickup spot for Riviera at DS is spot 98 next to Sarasota Springs. (At least that’s what it felt like.)
After seeing the bus pickup time increase again, I refreshed Uber. $15. I’ll allow it.
It’s quite chilly tonight. Playing a game with myself. How many brand new sweatshirts can I spot?

14 Likes

My first adult trip to Disneyworld was in March of 2009. The weather forecast said 55-75 or something like that so I maybe packed two hoodies per person. It was 35-45 the entire week. Disney does not sell coats. We bought a lot of hoodies (especially cuz the kids kept staining theirs) and blankets to wrap the kids up in in the stroller as they were 1 and 4 (but almost 2 and 5).

1 Like

Made it back to the room just as Harmonious started. Epcot fireworks is why I wanted a high floor. I could see some of it from my vantage point, but not the low ones. But looking around the room at all my stuff. I realized I don’t want to mess around with switching rooms. I hope they let me stay put.

Shortly after 10 the long day caught up with me. These “That’s So Cute!” pajamas couldn’t have been more appropriate.

I was exhausted, but only managed a light sleep. I could hear every noise in the hotel seems like. I swear my bed must be under a main pipeline. Toilets flushing, showers, every door that opened then slammed close. The freaking voice of the Skyliner announcer. And that part was creepy.
I couldn’t hear what she was saying - just the sound and cadence of her voice. It sounds exactly like the game narrator in Squid Game.
“Player five has been eliminated” :eyes::skull:

14 Likes

I was asleep, but not deep enough to hear everything happening around me. Does that make sense? I started worrying about tomorrow (today) being an HS day and whether I should buy Genie+.
And I was completely aware the bed is hella uncomfortable. It felt like I was on a toboggan getting ready to launch. The head of the bed points downward and the mattress is lumpy.

Woke up at 2:30AM like :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:.

There’s literally only one light in the living area. It’s either this, or light from the bathroom. No lamps …

I’m sorry, but a freaking chandelier is not two o’clock in the morning lighting. I keep looking around like … there has to be more light someplace … :weary:

9 Likes

Celebration at the Top was a lovely experience.
I enjoyed the exclusiveness of it. Not a lot of food to choose from, but all you can eat. Sushi, shrimp, beef sliders, beef bao buns, lobster bisque, Sonoma goat cheese ravioli. I do have a knock to make about the ravioli. They didn’t serve it with the broth. I started to think I was making the broth part up in my head, but no. The sign says …

I asked and was told they’ve had difficulty sourcing broth because of supply chain issues …
I’m kidding about that part. :grimacing:

16 Likes

Upon check-in they gave us a green wristband.
Once on the 15th floor we chose a name placard and a table. Appetizers were set up across the hall. Beer, wine, champagne, or mixed drinks made to order. The bartenders were great!
While fireworks are happening they set up a small selection of desserts. Appetizers and drinks are still available after fireworks.

$169 - includes tip. The experience was worth it. Loved viewing Enchantment in a private setting. Enchantment fireworks are big and grand, so excellent viewing spot at the Top.
I drank two cosmos and two bellinis. Dipped out early around 8:45. Good times! :heart:

11 Likes

Oop! I stand corrected. Found another light switch.
Ok, this is 2AM lighting.

13 Likes

Yikes! So sorry sleeping arrangements aren’t going well. I hope you were able to get back to sleep. Think you might want to change rooms now? I slept in a bed and breakfast once where I had a similarly awful first nights sleep. The consecutive nights were better though- maybe my brain was able to filter the noises out better after taking the first night to determine that there was no threat.

How long will you be in the World for?

5 Likes

That is so frustrating, and happens to me the first night in any new place. I have finally figured out that I need to take a benadryl that first night. I’m a medication lightweight and one benadryl will knock me out for the night. I have also learned to utilize my airpods on noise-cancelling mode with white noise as needed.

It doesn’t help to have to start worrying about all the crap Disney has done to mess up our day with this G+ nightmare. I’m sorry that all of that started swirling around in your mind.

And a lumpy toboggan bed to boot? Girl :frowning: I am feeling so sad for you!!

I believe there is some sconce-type lighting in the head of the bed, for future reference.

7 Likes

Great photos from the event! Looks delicious! You almost had me sold on it. But broth sourcing problems axed it. I’m kidding too. :wink:

2 Likes

Oh good you found one of the other lighting options. I think there’s actual reading lamps in the head of the bed too though. Take a look

1 Like