A Few Of My Favorite Things. (Live/Solo)

So happy to get rid of those stupid suitcases. I practically begged Bell Services to take them.

First time at Riviera. Sitting in lobby just gathering an impression. Lobby reminds me of Grand Destino Tower, but smaller and less Las Vegas feeling.
Kind of laid back. In fact, I was outside struggling with luggage and there was no one to help. A male cast member looked me straight in the eye and kept walking. Not to say it’s his department, but I expect a swanky hotel to at least ask if I need assistance and to call someone. Heck, the MDE driver was about to leave and stopped and asked if I needed assistance. But to be fair, he has personal experience with how much they weigh …
Not upset about it, though. Just an observation. It’s not their fault I overpacked. :laughing:

So let’s start with a “That’s so cute!” favorite thing I’m rocking with today.

It’s a collaboration with Coach x Disney. The art is Keith Haring, a former graffiti artist.
By the way, I lost my mind (pocketbook) this year with the Disney x Coach x Dooney & Bourke x Kate Spade collabs this year. (Edited for wrong pic.)

19 Likes

:open_mouth: unacceptable. Even if it wasn’t “his job” to specifically help you he should have offered to get you some help!

OMG that bag! It’s “SO CUTE!!!” (no really it is!)

8 Likes

“Allll byyy myyyself …
This was fun until we stalled …
Almost clicked my heels three times, y’all.
Is it me, or does the Skyliner make too much noise - like the cables are about to snap. Things hit differently when I’m solo.

18 Likes

Wow! You’ve had a very eventful day so far. I’m just heading from hotel #1 to hotel #2. Want to join me for lunch at WCC at WL?

5 Likes

They said 50th drink in a “souvenir” cup and I thought they were for real. :eyes:

Brisket dip was excellent, though. The house made BBQ flavored chips with the tangy brisket. Yum, yum! (Geyser Point)

21 Likes

I missed you, but we seem to Disney the same and will see each other soon. Do you like your room?

2 Likes

I’m in a WC accessible room so it’s a little different. I love all the dark wood and rustic finishes though. I hope it doesn’t lose it’s wildernessy charm when they do the refurb.

2 Likes

I was wondering the same thing.

3 Likes

That’s so sweet.

:astonished:

6 Likes

How is the shower in that room? It was fine at POR but at BWV I seriously considered going to the fitness center for a shower since there was barely any water.

I haven’t taken a shower yet since I just arrived. I’ll post tonight.

1 Like

From WL I hopped on a bus to DS. Waited about 10 minutes for it to arrive. At DS I headed to Jock Lindsey’s Hangar/Holiday Bar. Seated at a two top in the main room within five minutes. The Cosmo was good, but I prefer a martini glass. Because it tastes better that way. (Not true, but go with me.)

Ordered wings also. They are coated in a pepper sauce and very good. Leftovers for later if I don’t forget.

“If you had wings, you could do anything … If you had wings had wings had wings.”
Bonus points if you sang that lyric reading it.

I wanted Gideon’s for the husband, but VQ is five hours. I won’t be anywhere near DS in five hours.

And boom! Room ready. Didn’t get the high floor I wanted, but I have to check out and in again in the morning and will ask for something else Their silly reservation system - I had to make three different reservations to stay here…
Hey! Where’s the bed? :flushed:

In

17 Likes

Kidding about the bed.

16 Likes

It’s too bright out to get a good pic of the view. I can do better …
Let’s talk favorite things.
I loves me a box of mystery pins.

Ordered these weeks ago. And as one would do for a child- I saved them to open on the plane.
But forgot. :laughing:
Fingers crossed for Orange Bird, Alice, Remy, or Big Al …

15 Likes

This is actually a real thing and is why there are different kinds of glasses for different kinds of drinks. I’d rather not have any wine at all than to have it in a tumbler, for example. And I absolutely agree that a martini tastes better in a martini glass.

Ah! Tower Room! Those are very “efficiency” styled :laughing: I hope you find the bed :smiley:

2 Likes

That is LOVELY!

2 Likes

First box.

“When you wish upon a star … “

21 Likes

Wow! You manifested those into being!!!

Congrats!

5 Likes

I didn’t think the VQ was still going that long! That’s really bonkers. But the other DS shops must love it.
Nice tower room! I was thinking of booking one for next Sept — after a few days in it, please give an honest review. I’m a little nervous about the small space.

1 Like

“If your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme …”
Box two:

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

11 Likes