A different plan, EDIT: 2023 WDW trips (2 of them)

Ok I’m now merging this topic with my other one about my 2 WDW trips early in 2023. Linked below.

Planning Galactic Starcruiser TP with WDW and UOR

I have been thinking more about where to stay. My brain is in overload but here are my current thoughts. Originally I was wanting to add moderate hotels for 2 reasons 1) POFQ for nostalgia and cost and 2) lowering our cost for the trips since one of them is the GSC. I had selected CSR as our other moderate. The problem is I keep coming back to the bus situation and that charters are used frequently there. Also, it was where we shipped stuff home and it is a huge resort. Outdoor hallways bother me now more than 26 years ago particularly with 2 ECVs. And then there is the moving from hotel to hotel. We already will need to do that with HRH to WDW and between hotels and GSC. So while I like the idea of trying to save money (we don’t really have) I think I would rather spend the money to keep these trips less stressful. I do appreciate everyone’s input and will keep the information shared here tucked away for later use hopefully.

Trip 1 will be HRH and then only AKL savanna view which I will call about in the next week since AKL has only 2 rooms with the beds and accessible-ness(?) we want. Since the WDW focus is AK with less heat than the surface of the sun it will be really nice. Busses to MK and HS will be fine.

Trip 2 we will start at YC. I really thought about and looked at all the other resorts and I kept coming back to YC. We really enjoyed it there and it was so convenient. We know they have rooms that will work for us. Frankly it they had DVC I might have already purchased. Then GSC and finally my dream CR. I can’t explain it. I looked I really did but nothing else feels right for now.

Not going to POFQ is bittersweet but right now we have nothing but fondness for it. With our situation now trying to stay there might lead to frustration. I’d rather keep the good memories.

Of course I will keep an eye on confirmed DVC rentals for any deals and I could change my mind again. Thanks to those of you who have shared information and who will actually read this tome lol.

9 Likes

Update: We now are confirmed AKL Jamba House SavannaView with 2 queen beds and roll-in shower for1/27/23 to 2/4/23! Because of the TP room finder I knew there were that only two of these specific rooms. So I called this morning at about 7 am central and was on the phone for a TOTAL of 22 minutes! You must RD reservations for best results!

I will now have my TA do her thing for HRH and USF tickets (because you get free early entry when booking through TP). I will likely use UT or a res travel for discounted WDW tickets once the school year is over.

Oh and I will have to look at flights of course. Most likely Delta because of Comfort Plus.

8 Likes