A different plan, EDIT: 2023 WDW trips (2 of them)

Rethinking some ideas for early next year and could really use some opinions/advice on the following resorts. I’m trying to find viable lower cost but still on property.I know all of these will have some longer transportation times/issues. This would be for Jan/Feb 2023 and two people on ECVs.

POFQ
Coronado Springs
Pop Century
Art of Animation

Thanks in advance.

POFQ - at first glance. It’s the smallest, with the fewest rooms. It only has one bus stop (unlike CSR). Since you have two ECV’s, and buses can only hold two at a time, you’d have the best chance here of both getting on a bus. Rooms at moderates (POFQ and CSR) are larger than those at values (POP and AOA).

POP and AOA have skyliner access (one ECV per skyliner unit), which could work well for you - as long as Skyliner isn’t down due to high winds or lightning. POP and AOA each have one bus stop, and often have multiple buses for a given destination in early mornings, since they have more rooms/people than POFQ.

Tough choices.

1 Like

I was going to say CSR because those rooms just seem like they have more space but I think @mkmuzzy has a great point about transportation. Pop and AoA have the SL but smaller rooms and the fact that the SL can go down due to weather could be a nightmare.

2 Likes

POFQ is nice but bus everywhere might be a challenge.

Same for Coronado. But if Coronado then GDT

Pop and AoA both offer Skyliner. Of the two I strongly prefer Pop; AoA the LM rooms are very small and furthest from the transpiration and food.

2 Likes

POFQ and CSR standard rooms (not in the Gran Destino tower) are the same size, 314 sq ft.
AOA standard rooms (LM) are 17 sq ft bigger than those at Pop (277 vs 260), not a big dfference.

1 Like

Question? How do you usually charge the ECC and where do you park them at night? Would they fit in Pop or AoA (teo) and allow you to get into the bathroom ?

1 Like

That’s surprising about AoA v Pop. Maybe it’s the ability to put the other bed away at Pop that gives the illusion of a larger room

4 Likes

POFQ would be the least problematic I believe. CSR is great, but when we had an ecv there in September they used a majority motorcoach buses to the parks. There were some Disney buses mixed in, but many times we had to wait for a Disney bus to be able to ride. Those larger resorts (CSR/Pop) seemed to be the ones using more of the contracted buses.

3 Likes

They will fit in Pop, especially if it is an accessible room. However, the more people you have, and the more luggage, the harder it is to fit. You can also charge them outside

2 Likes

Oh, and I can’t answer for AoA, never stayed there.

2 Likes

Last June we charged them in the room at one place and in the hallway at the other. The CMs were great about telling us where we could plug in. I’ve read somewhere (I don’t remember where) that at POFQ we would have to charge in the hallway due to space :woman_shrugging:. Which could be an issue with weather since I think the room doors are outside (like a motel).

2 Likes

This is why you all are so awesome! I knew a few of these things but not all together. You make valid points to consider!

We would definitely get accessible rooms if available.

1 Like

Yes, all the standard rooms at moderates (not counting Gran Destino tower) and values (not counting suites) have doors to exterior walkways, no inside hallways.

1 Like

Sounds like due to the type of busses, narrowing down to AoA or POFQ. Maybe I’ll do a room finder or two to see where accessible rooms are located.

3 Likes

Thanks. Good to know.

1 Like

While you can request specific accessible rooms using TP, don’t put your hopes on your request being granted. They only have a set number of accessible rooms, and they will try to take room requests into consideration, but there isn’t a lot of leeway, especially when there are more than one type of accessible room in a resort. For example, I always book one with a tub and grab bars. That narrows the number of rooms I can request. When I book an accessible room with a tub, that is guaranteed, anything else is not.

1 Like

We’ve had EVCs in rooms at both FQ and CS w/ 3 adults in the rooms. There were no issues w/ fitting the EVC in the room overnight for charging. I believe, the cabana rooms (800 bldg. we request this area every time) at CS are larger than FQ rooms; didn’t look up sq footage, I’m going by my perceptions. We never had a problem w/ bus transportation at either resort (w/ EVC) however, this was pre-covid and Disney bus issues.

1 Like

I think on paper they are the same size but the room design seems to give you more room in CSR?

The second ECV would have to be outside?

2 Likes

oh crap, I missed a detail of 2 EVCs? Well… we had a corner room (2 windows) at CS and you would be able to fit 2 EVCs in that room easily.

2 Likes

I bet you could park 2 EVCs in a king room at CS too. I looked back at pictures of that room (can’t share b/c of family in pic) but there are two areas that you could easily fit in the EVCs. One under the window by the door and the other in between the sink area and dresser. or both EVCs under window.

1 Like