A different plan, EDIT: 2023 WDW trips (2 of them)

??

1 Like

Galactic Star Cruiser

1 Like

Ah. Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks for translating. I see so many abbreviations that I don’t know that I forget that someone might not pick up on one I’m using.

2 Likes

To this point…there might not even be rain. But if there is lightning within, I believe, 6 miles, Skyliner will close. So, it could be perfectly sunny and calm, but it shuts down due to lightning nearby.

1 Like

Currently only deluxe resorts get the early entry, right? Crazy how so much is different from even less than a year ago. It’s hard to keep up.

All resorts get early entry. Deluxes and DVCs get evening hours.

4 Likes

Thanks! I knew deluxes and DVC got something extra but as I said it’s hard to keep up.

2 Likes

Ok I just spent some time looking at AoA information and with the skyliner being iffy at times and packed at others I’m crossing it off the list. We will definitely ride the skyliner this time but being dependent on it with 2 EVCs just sounds like the opposite of smart.

1 Like

So now I’m looking at POFQ and CSR. Definitely going to have to do a deep dive on these two.

2 Likes

I haven’t read all the way through, so maybe this was answered. But, yes POFQ has elevators.

1 Like

Are the boats to DS from POFQ ECV accessible like the ones that go from YC to HS? Or are they the other ones (friendship I think ) that are not accessible.

Work was getting in the way of being a Liner (I hate when that happens), so I’m way behind on this thread and may repeat something. Sorry if that happens.

I LOVED riding the skyline with an ECV when it was running. It’s sooooo much easier than boarding a bus that I wouldn’t completely rule it out. It was no problem 3/4 of my trip, and you can always use a bus when it’s not running. The issues are more that 1) it’s not always clear if it’s running or not, and you have to physically go there to check, 2) buses are sometimes fewer and farther between because they aren’t normally needed for HS/EP for skyline resorts, and 3) buses don’t go resort to resort. That last point wouldn’t normally be a big deal, but I took the skyline one morning to Topolino’s at Riveria with the intention of going back to my room at POP before heading to a park, but when lightning shut down the skyliner I couldn’t easily get back to POP.

If you stay at CSR, I highly recommend Casitas. Yes, you’d need to pay for a preferred room, but being at the first bus stop is priceless at certain times of the day, especially if you’ve got two ECVs you need to load onto the bus.

2 Likes

Thanks for the thoughtful and thorough information/ recommendations. I think if we only had 1 EVC I would feel better about the skyliner since we would only take up 1 car. The lines in the morning is really the biggest issue I think. I also took a look at the rooms and while I like a little theming these were just on the edge of too much. Perfect for a family with kids but maybe not the best choice for us. I’m happy narrowing it down to the 2 moderates for now.

Comparing POFQ and CSR (not in the Gran Destino tower):

POFQ has only one bus stop. You can take the boat to DS. It has a food court and bar, but not a TS - for that you can go to POR (short walk away).

CSR has many more dining and drinking options, plus a fitness center and spa (if it’s reopened). CSR is a convention hotel, that’s why it has some extras like fitness center and spa.

BTW: We like Pop a lot, as two adults. Rooms are almost the same size as AOA, but most are much closer to the skyliner and buses than the Little Mermaid rooms are, and with much more subtle theming (some might say almost non-existent).

1 Like

Thanks. Excellent summary of the differences. I may give Pop another look but skyliner issues will still be valid.

1 Like

true… EVCs on SL is so much easier than a bus. But all the bus drivers were GREAT!

2 Likes

At that same time of the year in 2022, I stayed at the Dolphin which was the same price as the moderates and got all the same advantages of the premium resort - extended hours in the parks, etc. you only give up charging to your magic band, daily resort fee and daily parking. Still cheaper, and you can take boats to epcot and studios. Transportation to MK and AK was poor, but I just took Lyft.

2 Likes

I’ve stayed at Pop and AOA. We liked both. It was 2015 for Pop and 2019 for AoA, so it’s been awhile. Of the two I liked AoA more, but it was more $. At Pop we loved the bowling pin shaped pool. I think we stayed in the 50s section. At AoA I loved all of the pools and the decor. That was a long standing dream of the friend we traveled with, who stayed alone in a Little Mermaid room (his dream was to stay in a Little Mermaid room). My family wasn’t able to be near him b/c we had a Cars family suite. I LOVED the cars suite! The theming was great and the bathroom was top notch. I remember liking the shower a lot. I have a family of 5. At Pop we got 2 adjoining rooms and had a parents room and a kids room. I liked having the family suite better b/c I didn’t have to worry before check in about whether we’d get the adjoining rooms as planned. I was told they’d guarantee the adjoining b/c we only had 2 adults but if we had had 3 or more it wouldn’t have been guaranteed; I have no idea if this is still the rule. In any case, we enjoyed both resorts a lot. Skyliner wasn’t a thing at our Pop stay but it was new at our AoA stay and was wonderful. Very easy to access.

1 Like

They’re accessible.

1 Like