A different plan, EDIT: 2023 WDW trips (2 of them)

One tip for CSR… Casitas is the first stop going to the parks, so it would be worth it to book a preferred room to be at that stop. The Tower is the last stop.

1 Like

These are the bldgs we request when we go there. We never had a problem w/ the elevator. We love the quiet pool, there’s a laundry next to the pool and it’s close to the tower and main pool too. Oh close to the ‘first’ bus stop as well.

1 Like

Buses run to parks not served by Skyliner as well as DS as regularly as any other resort.

Buses are unlikely to run, or at best will run very infrequently, from resorts to parks that are served by Skyliner.

Buses will run when Skyliner is shut, and theoretically more regularly, but overall reports are that Disney does not make this pivot smoothly.

3 Likes

I don’t think just any rain will close Skyliner - but lightning will…

3 Likes

oh… that makes more sense

2 Likes

Got it!! Thanks!

1 Like

Yup those were the ones I was thinking of!! I’ll look at them later. I’m enjoying this new challenge :slight_smile:

1 Like

The problem with those - especially early in the morning - is that they will be at the next-to-last bus stop.

3 Likes

room 8840 was our favorite. It was a king bed, standard view, ground floor, but literally opened right up to the quiet pool gate
View of Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort (touringplans.com)

2 Likes

I thought it was the first, but we never had a problem. I know the tower used to be the last stop.

1 Like

To parks it goes Casitas, Ranchos, Cabanas, Tower.

Since the OP has 2 scooters it will be very difficult at bust times for them to both be accommodated at the Cabanas stop.

2 Likes

Definitely food for thought. Thanks for the information.

1 Like

Yes, I decorated the windows. How else can I find my room :rofl: (that was the view when looking our from our room)

3 Likes

love it!!!

1 Like

I take a picture of the room number. Easy enough. And no work on my part.

2 Likes

It’s a labor of love :partying_face:

3 Likes

We stayed at CSR in building 4, room 4311. That’s in Casitas, is closest to bus stop #2 (that’s the first stop for park buses), and is standard rooms. It was close enough to the main lobby and dining, but we didn’t usually eat at CSR and didn’t use any pool. Preferred rooms are in buildings 1, 2, and 3, and are a touch further from bus stop #2 than was building 4.

1 Like

Thanks for the information!!

1 Like

Since you all are being SOOOO helpful I’ll try to fill you in on what my brain is thinking. This may get wordy.

Originally was thinking a late Jan early Feb trip with in-laws if they wanted to join us. They haven’t said no but they also haven’t said yes so it’s probably a no. The idea was to go to WDW when it wasn’t hotter than the sun and more humid than Dagoba.

The @len went on the GSC and said he’s putting a TP cruise together. In another thread he said likely March 30 to April 1. So I pivoted to working around that which is in one of my other threads. We are trying to make the most memories while DH still can and we both love Star Wars but are introverts. So then that starts looking like a lot at once (which we don’t want) and April is about the latest in the year we would want to go due to temps.

Then I came up with this. Two medium plans. One Jan/Feb and the other around the TP GSC. At one point we would stay at AKL and possibly CR, but to offset cost I am now looking at POFQ, AoA and CSR.

I realize I may sound a bit crazy but somewhere in my head it sorta makes sense.

Our overall priorities other than the GSC are AK and what we missed or loved in the other three parks and non HP stuff at UOR.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was in building 5.

BUT to be guaranteed Casitas, you’d need to book a Preferred room. Standard, Water View, or King Beds could be in any of the sections and Casitas would only be a request.

2 Likes