A different plan, EDIT: 2023 WDW trips (2 of them)

POFQ has a nostalgia value for us since we stayed there on our honeymoon. Do you know if they have elevators? All the accessible rooms are on the first floor. We don’t need an accessible room I just need a shower chair.

I like the CS and will keep it as an option and keep an ear open to the types of busses being used.

1 Like

Yep. I’m familiar with this. Just played around on room finder for kicks. It’s frustrating that they don’t used consistent language or abbreviations for the accessible rooms. I don’t actually need an accessible room just for them to provide a shower stool/chair. Which was fine last summer but evidently in Cali things are different my TA couldn’t get a shower chair without getting an accessible room :woman_shrugging: at GCH.

Well, I have time to figure things out. Thanks for all the information! Many things to consider which is what I like! It will help once I can price rooms on the website right now the last arrival date is 12/31/22.

2 Likes

Oh boy, we stayed there once and on the first floor. I don’t remember if FQ has elevators. Sorry

1 Like

No worries!

I’m kinda leaning to CSR or AoA atm. CSR is central to all parks with the possible issue of the type of busses. AoA is on the skyliner which would be cool and the theming is fun. Issue there is getting a not noisy room.

1 Like

Yes, all POFQ building groups have elevators (groups have exterior walkways connecting the individual buildings, so each group seems as one unit).

3 Likes

We had no problem getting one ECV in a normal (not accessible) room at POFQ. I think you might struggle with two.

1 Like

I used an ECV a few weeks ago while staying at POP (broke my toe right before spring break), and most of the time was really, really glad I was at a skyliner resort. It was so much easier and quicker to board the skyliner. But they were not good about sending buses quickly when it went down.

The one time I stayed at GDT at CSR, I found the elevators to be a big problem. At busy times there were crowds of people waiting to use them, and I can’t imagine how that would have worked with an ECV. It was difficult on foot to sometimes get to an elevator because people crowded around in a mob instead of a line.

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. Do you remember about how often the skyliners would go down?

Also, do the busses not come often when the skyliner is running?

The elevators in the cabanas and bldgs outside the tower are not an issue.

it closes for rain. I bet it closes for high winds too.

1 Like

Posting here since my post hasn’t gotten a reply yet.
I hear the wifi in the mermaid rooms is terrible? If you use your own data is it better?

Since the opening day fiasco with the Skyline mr crash there haven’t been many issues? I get it closes for weather which is fine.

To be fair, ANY hotel could be noisy. It all depends on who is there and around you. I’ve had very quiet rooms at supposedly noisy resorts and very noisy rooms at supposedly quiet resorts. Noise is one factor that is (barring it being exceptional like cheerleaders practicing on the lawn) largely out of the hotel’s control.

2 Likes

No busses when the Skyliner is running. Or IF they do it’s like one an hour.

Wow. Ok. Not even for MK or AK which aren’t directly on the skyliner? Hmmm

There should be buses to non skylines parks.

1 Like

Wi-Fi in WDW is notoriously bad. All advice I’ve ever seen is that for things that matter (like boarding groups or LL etc. ) use data. Even then some hotels and areas are better than others. I don’t have any knowledge about Little Mermaid rooms sorry.

1 Like

Should being the key word lol :grin:

1 Like

So would the CS rooms you are referring to be the ones to the right of the tower? Just trying to get a sense of things. Also, were busy elevators an issue? Thanks.

1 Like

Hi! It might just be me :rofl: but I found the layout and signage at CSR to be suuuuuuuper confusing. Like we had trouble finding our building (casitas) and a cast member also couldn’t find it. As annoying as that was I would imagine all the looping and back tracking would be extra frustrating in an ECV. If you’re in the tower than obviously that doesn’t apply although the tower is the last bus stop so might be an issue for getting an ECV bus spot.

1 Like

Thanks!

Those have busses. But not Studios or Epcot.

1 Like