9 days to go - an important ear packing question

I haven’t bought the snacks yet so I will definitely consider the cushioning properties!

3 Likes

Nice reference, I loved Heidi!

2 Likes

I was hoping that wasn’t too obscure :smiley:

3 Likes

Not for me! The TV show got shown here over and over and I read the books loads of times too.

3 Likes

The personal item would be something like a shoulder bag / camera bag or laptop bag. Most airlines let you have one of those plus a carry-on backpack etc.

2 Likes

I don’t have any of those.

I love bringing more ears that possible to wear when traveling to Disney. Mostly I put them in my packed luggage with no fanfare. Usually in the inside zipper part that is on the “door” (words are escaping me today). That spot is NOT protected. For the fragile ones, I would wear a pair and put the other pair in a carryon inside a small plastic box that’s normally for beads and such.

1 Like

I’m probably not going to do that but thanks for the idea.

2 Likes

pinterest keeps suggesting a makeup case, but that may be too bulky

4 Likes

Yes it looks huge. And I really don’t want to buy more stuff. I have more than enough.

2 Likes

Wow that’s some pretty fancy ear packing!

My girls have always just put in checked bags between clothes for padding.

4 Likes

TWSS

5 Likes

I would be concerned about the soft bag. This may sound dumb, but would you be willing to box up one pair and then wear the other for 9 hours? :thinking: :wink:

I know that sounds silly, but I’ve worn double layers and such to “carry-on” more than I could put in a bag! (Especially on budget airlines like Spirit and Frontier)

2 Likes

Thank you!

Also TWSS

1 Like

I don’t really want to wear them on the plane. The teen would be mortified :joy: I think I’m leaning towards packing the boxes on my checked luggage. I might try them in my Loungefly inside my carry on first.

5 Likes

I figured that was the case - especially on a 9 hour flight! When I fly you can tell who is going to Orlando for theme parks and who isn’t. There are so many Mickey ears worn!! I try to represent Universal with my T-shirts & etc… as often as possible to balance it out!!

3 Likes

I pack my ears in a hard sided rolling carry on along w/ my park bag (all magic bands, and other park stuff inside) that goes into the upper luggage rack, and then carry a backpack as my personal item and that goes under my seat. My backpack has snacks, electronics (noise cancelling headphones, digital Walkman, Kindle, portable battery charger, plugs/cords, and laptop if I bring it), important papers/document, and my meds.

FWIW, I try to pull whatever I need for my flight from my backpack before I put it under the seat …that way I don’t have to contort myself to reach the bag in the tiny space between seats! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

popcorn would make good cushioning material

Sorry, I’m no help on the actual question.

5 Likes

I just stick my ears inside whichever loungefly bag I’m bringing…it is getting harder every trip to decide which ones to bring. I always undoubtedly get new ones too.

My current favourite is the Amethyst one, the headband is actually comfortable! New Amethyst Minnie Ear Headband Arrives at Walt Disney World - WDW News Today

…and my Captain America. Because I love all things Captain America (and have the Loungefly to match)

4 Likes