9 days to go - an important ear packing question

Your backpack has the same stuff mine does!

Whilst we’re on a packing question, this is kind of related….

It’s been a while since I flew via a hub airport in the US. If we buy duty free in London, that’s OK when we go through security again after clearing Immigration and Border Control isn’t it? I know it’s a security checkpoint but I think it’s still airside since we’re in transit. I’m sure we had duty free with us when we flew via Newark but it was a while ago now.

Yes, I realise I have a few months to go but it’s never too early to plan! :laughing:

1 Like

My friends and I purchased duty free stuff in the Rome airport. When we went through security checkpoint at JFK, one friend had an issue with an item she bought which was liquid based. They weren’t going to let her go through with the item. She still had it in the duty free packaging with sticker unbroken and was able to talk them into letting her keep it. We didn’t have an issue with other items.

1 Like

The Etsy ears are so cute! I wouldn’t want to risk breaking them.

1 Like

Do you have a Tupperware/Rubbermaid type box that you could put the delicate ones in and also put underwear around them, etc., so you don’t lose space?

3 Likes

No I don’t :confused:

A Tupperware (other makes are available :wink:) box is a great idea.

@QwertySC that is pure genius. :clap::clap:

3 Likes

It is but I’m not buying new tubs just for this. If I had them already I’d do it.

2 Likes

You could also just buy a stiff bubble mailer bag. They are cheap and you can actually use it to mail something to someone after the trip.

2 Likes

We just threw one away a couple of days ago!! I think I’m going to keep them in their boxes, wrap them in bubble wrap and put them in checked luggage. Thought I’m still considering putting them in a Loungefly and putting that inside my carry on. I need to check how well it will fit.

3 Likes

My ears don’t really fit in my loungefly, but hopefully yours will.

2 Likes

The ears fit in the Loungefly, I checked that a while ago. I need to check if the Loungefly fits in my backpack with space for everything else I need but don’t want to cram in the Loungefly with the ears.

4 Likes

I use a fabric packing cube for ears. It’s not too bulky. Ears go inside a ziploc type bag (from Amazon shipments.) Two per baggie. All in packing cube. A layer of clothes in checked luggage, packing cube on top of those, another layer of clothes on top of cube. Soft-sided luggage. But if they fit in your Loungefly that sounds perfect. You’ve explained a couple of times you’re not buying something new just to transport them. That is very fiscally responsible. I am jealous because I would do the exact opposite. :laughing:

4 Likes

I guess it’s time to admit I just throw my ears in my suitcase.

8 Likes

Im not a clinician but I did think the same! I thought I would find more blocked ear advice! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

We have spent most of the last year throwing stuff away - I had to empty my in-laws house and it gave me a strong dislike of having stuff that you never use. Before that I’d definitely have bought something!

6 Likes

I’m happy to do that with my Disney ones, they seem less fragile.

4 Likes

I hope you didn’t come here looking for help :joy:

4 Likes

For my Etsy 3d printed ears, I used the cardboard box that they came in and then placed it in my checked bag. For my Disney ears, I just packed them with my clothes.

3 Likes

That’s my plan!

3 Likes