7DMT- What is all the Hype About? - or Let's Get Real About this Ride

Hmm. Interesting. I’ve never ridden the Barnstormer. I thought it was supposed to be a very kiddie coaster. Could I even fit in it? Could my 6ft 4in friend? Could we sit next to each other? Would people think we were a bit, er, odd for riding it?

You would be terribly squished in there. We have ridden it solely for Luke’s enjoyment – none of the rest of us enjoy it because the seating is so squishy. Fun ride, bad vehicles

2 Likes

I don’t suppose they have test seats?

I’m 5’10" and I can fit but its a squish.

I wouldn’t recommend riding it. I’m 5’7”ish and I felt cramped. Not worth it.

This is why I YouTube every ride I’m unsure about. I love hearing people’s opinions and even the ride videos aren’t like the real thing (learned this the hard way when I put my 2 year old on slinky dog) but atleast it gives you an idea of what to expect.

1 Like

I didn’t know that was a thing…but I wish I had. If so, I would not have wasted my time on 7DMT.

I don’t think so.

For reference, I am 5’4" and neither thin nor large. It’s awful.

1 Like

iThemePark is a fantastic YouTube channel for this.

Personally, I would never wait more than 20-30 minutes and have only ever ridden with FPP. But I get why it’s a hot ticket - it is the epitome of a Disney ride: fun for the whole family together. It’s just thrilling enough to make kids feel like they’re riding a “grown-up” ride but not so scary that they don’t want to ride it. But it is criminally short.

2 Likes

I won’t wait more than 20 minutes for it, but I do very much enjoy the ride. And DS11 is a big fan of coasters, with his favorite bring Hulk at Universal, but even this thrill seeker loves it…l mean, his face kind of says it all…(the little girl behind him, not so much)…

9 Likes

When I went on Barnstormer as the first “coaster” of the trip I found it exciting and fun. It was a great way for my friends that were afraid of coaster to adapt (Barnstormer, BTMRR, Space, Everest, RnR and Hulk was the trip progression, I stopped at Everest).

I found it comfortable, but I am 1.58m. I think total seating time is a little over a minute, the ride is super short.

You said it! I feel like they are trying to cram in things that just miss the mark. We rode Winnie the Pooh and the ride felt like they were speeding it up so more people could get through it. We couldn’t hear the words the characters were speaking or the songs. If I didn’t know the stories, I would not have understood what was going on this time.

1 Like

I am dying looking at her face…

4 Likes

This is absolutely my favorite ride picture…the juxtaposition of his face and hers is priceless! :rofl:

4 Likes

I’m probably one of the very few people here who has queued for the full CL10 day line for this ride :joy:

Is it worth that long of a wait? Of course not, most rides are not. But it was my daughter’s favorite ride and all she wanted to do (after we used our FP’s for it) was ride again, so we did and waited for like 90-100 minutes.

As for the ride itself, I think its an ok coaster, its very smooth, much smoother than BTMR so my kids liked it at a younger age too.

3 Likes

Hahaha that picture is amazing!!

To be clear, I don’t think Barnstormer is a great coaster. It is a kiddie coaster for sure. Just had more excitement as a coaster than 7DMT does is all.

1 Like

My DS11 knows all about all types of roller coasters: if you tell him a name of one he’ll tell you the manufacturer, what year the ride was made, and comparable ones. His assessment of 7DMT before our trip was “it’s just a mine train.” He said the same thing about BTMRR and didn’t seem especially interested in either ride…however, when we were there and he rode them he liked them.

2 Likes

Must ride for me, but for the theming than the ride. Love the theming, but I also won’t wait long for it. Will either RD or FPP. My DS8 loves coasters but jut told me this weekend this is a baby coaster, kinda laughed.

I do prefer BTMRR as a coaster, but 7DMT for theme. 7DMT biggest issue IMO has been discussed at length…WAAAAAYYYYY too short. Even with that, I like it, has a Disney Charm to it.

1 Like