7DMT- What is all the Hype About? - or Let's Get Real About this Ride

We also weren’t impressed but at least we didn’t have to wait for it. I personally loved the short animation they do for Memory Maker. I put together a music video for the family and it’s nice to have little moving parts in it like that.

I can’t ride a lot of the other coasters, but I still wouldn’t wait for this one. It is more interesting at night, though.

Yes, but not comfortably. We had one 6’4" adult and one 6’5" adult ride it with a child each on our trip in January.

Our fam has never been a fan of this ride. We all think it’s super squishy and just not that fun. No way we would wait a long time for it. Kids would rather ride Splash, thunder or space!

1 Like

Kudos to you for being an awesome parent. Sometimes the joy on their faces makes the 100 minute wait worth it!

2 Likes

Yep we got in a 110 min line for Space to cheer up our 7yo who was having a tough day because there were no big coasters at MK - maybe it was a mistake to do RnRC as his first ride! It ended up being 70 mins and was worth every one of them to see him smile. I wouldn’t do it now he’s 15 though :rofl:

3 Likes

While I hear what you are saying (I feel the same way about FoP), I really did enjoy 7dmt. Take into consideration I love all the dark rides at DLR FL. It was a lot of fun for me and I really enjoyed the theming. It was like the retro dark rides with a spin!

2 Likes

Ok. We did a BOG PPO to catch this one ahead of rope drop on day 1. Getting my super cautious 6 year old DS on this coaster first made the days Space FPP a success. He didn’t like Space at all, and had that been his intro to coasters, it could have been a rough trip for us. Instead he eagerly tried and loved every other coaster we rode.

I just wish I’d taken advice I saw here and ridden in one of the back cars. I was near the front and meh. Enjoyed it, would FPP it again, but not more than 20 minutes.

1 Like

Yes, this one plus Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride gave me nightmares as a kid :flushed:

I thought we were the only ones…a fine ride but not worth a super long wait. Also thought barnstormer really short. More BTMRR fans

My parents still tease me about how much I screamed at this ride, when she popped out at the end. I rode it again in high school to cleanse the memory and nope, still scary.

1 Like

Not worth a long wait, but definitely worth it. Watching the faces of all the family members after this ride is priceless. It allows even those that are afraid of extreme coasters a more tame and highly themed adventure ( the not so scary kind).

I love the dark scene and can’t help but sing along…

“We dig dig dig dig dig dig dig in our mine the whole day through. To dig dig dig dig dig dig dig is what we like to do…”

5 Likes

Well, thanks for putting that in my head …

4 Likes

That is the best part!

1 Like

I enjoy the ride because my whole family can ride it and I think that is a big draw for a lot of families; however, I’ve never ever nor would I go into the standby line unless it was a 20 minute-ish wait.

And when would that be? LOL

I also would not wait in line over 30 minutes to ride and after using FP to ride in December would not use one on this ride again. I agree that it is a transition from kiddies rides to a real roller coaster and probably great for 7-12 year olds.

1 Like

During or right after the fireworks!

Hardly ever…at the end of villains last summer was the only time it was nearly walk on.

What I like about this ride is that it appeals to everyone. My husband who hates roller coasters can do this one. So could my three year old. Older kids still found it appealing. The song is catchy and we were singing it all day. The cave scene is really eye catching, and I noticed new things each time I rode it. It’s nothing fancy, but it gets the job done. My three year old is still asking to ride it every morning, even though we are home. :blush:

2 Likes