3 months free on any Universal Annual Pass!

Just to add on to the pay in full versus payment plan issue, if anyone is thinking of activating their pass at the hotel, please be advised that it has to be paid in full. If you are on the payment plan, you have to activate in the park. I only mention it because activating at the hotel is so quick and painless and the park can take forever. If you’re on the fence about paying in full versus the payment plan, pay in full if you can!

1 Like

LOL! Thanks!I I still have to go to the office every day, but on average there are only 4 – 5 other ppl out of 100. (I’m an office manager. I have to just sit at my desk & wait to go home since there are so few ppl to “manage”. I’m not complaining… I’m employed! I just have a lot of downtime.)

It gives me a lot of time to obsess over all this!!

1 Like

Our plan is to arrive in August and then “convert” our expired tickets over…probably to the Seasonal Pass.

After contacting Universal directly about this (I received a response this morning), it appears you can ONLY convert over existing (expired) tickets at the gates to IOA or USO. You can’t do it in the hotels, on-line, or over the phone.

FYI.

1 Like

@lindsayvrsmith

Sorry… got a bit distracted. After sending multiple DMs…I called Guest Services a moment ago.

There is no expiration / activate by date on this according the Guest Services TM I spoke with. (That seems odd, but I’m cool with it. I asked if I could use it in 2021. I was told, "Yeah, …I don’t see any reason why not. You just have to purchase by 9/30/20)

1 Like

That is great news! I had scoured the website, my ticket email, everything to try and find a “use by end of 2020” and found nothing. Glad to hear this is the case!

2 Likes

This is what I was told too. I just have to purchase before 9/30 and can activate it anytime… the CM said even 2/21, as an example.

4 Likes

And a UOR AP just became more attractive.

5 Likes

It’s back!! as of 6/29/23

2 Likes

If I don’t plan to need a new pass until 2025 or later, do I buy one now, or wait?

1 Like

That’s a personal decision!

It doesn’t start until you activate it and that’s been the policy forever, However, I’d feel awful if you bought it in 2023 and then it had an issue in 2025…

If it were me, I’m too timid to buy it that far in advance. But that’s just how my anxiety works

1 Like

I purchased my current pass June of 2020. There was no issue activating it December 2022. I do wonder what happens when Epic Universe opens. How much would the upgrade be from 3 park to 4 park?

1 Like

I’m dreading that price increase too! My fear is that they’ve had the price so “affordable” for years to entice people to come to UOR. When they get an entire new gate open and everyone is excited are they still going to be so affordable??!!??

3 Likes

And of course I JUST pulled the trigger & bought hubby’s & my APs this past weekend :persevere:

Can’t really complain though. We’re FL residents so great rate already & with multiple promos & the time blocks UO added to APs for COVID, we ended up with an entire YEAR free from Feb 2019 to Feb 2022 :+1:

1 Like

I did call the hotline to ask if I could qualify or refund my unused AP. (I already “knew” the answer, but it never hurts to ask!)

If you already purchased the AP you can’t qualify for this offer. You’d have to purchase a new AP.

1 Like

So…would it be worth buying it now, and when your current one expires, you have your next one ready to activate? Or is it a better deal to just renew when it is about to expire?

I did the math myself. Turns out the renewal price works out to exactly the same as the 3 months free price on a per month basis. So, six to one, half dozen to the other.

3 Likes

Getting new pass would be a good idea for people who wish to take a break between years of the pass. If my pass ended in the summer, having a break would definitely work better than renewing the pass.

2 Likes

Yes. True. Very good point.

My pass expired in May and I don’t have another trip planned until December. I was just going to buy in December but I’ll buy now to take advantage of the extra three months and activate in December!

3 Likes

We recently renewed our UOAP for 12 mo. I saw the article in the Orlando Sentinel today about the 15 mo. for 12 deal on APs so I called USO-GS and they honored the deal and extended our APs 3 extra months. :partying_face:

4 Likes