3, 2, 1, Launch: Heads up! (up to date Launch times to help you look up to the skies while you're in the parks)

:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I’m surprised they waited so long

1 Like

From a county email.

We have activated our launch operations support team in preparation for the ULA launch of the AtlasV SES rocket. Window: 5:36-6:21PM

3 Likes

More info (I was curious what this was about):

United Launch Alliance (ULA) is ready to launch the dual-manifested SES-20 & 21 telecommunication satellites on the final Atlas V 531 rocket to a near-circular geosynchronous orbit (GSO). The Atlas V will launch from Space Launch Complex-41 (SLC-41) at the Cape Canaveral Space Force Station (CCSFS) on Oct. 4 during a 45-minute launch window opening at 5:36 PM EDT (21:36 UTC).

2 Likes

lol exact details on evening news

4 Likes

Lady do you live on the launchpad? :rofl:

1 Like

I’m less than 10 mi away from them. I couldn’t hear this one, it was little bitty and fast, by time I got outside from the news showing LIVE countdown I had missed seeing the rocket, but I saw the vapor trails :wink:

2 Likes

Those are some crazy trails.

1 Like

I thought so. Curly twirly. I wish I had been able to see the rocket

2 Likes

Another friend posted a pic from the road. She was wicked far away by comparison to you (and she was pretty close LOL)

2 Likes

Advisory: BrevardEOC At level 2 activation for launch

Dear Nixle User,

We have activated our launch operations support team in preparation for the Falcon 9 Crew-5 launch. Window: 11:55 AM-12:05 PM.

1 Like

LOOK UP NOW

I just looked up, but I didn’t see anything.

1 Like

:rofl::joy:.

Made you look :smirk:

1 Like

Saw it from the balcony at Dahlia’s Lounge…. spectacular!

4 Likes

Nice! What a good spot to view it from too

1 Like

in an hour people

and the BIG one has been rescheduled but we’ll have to stay up for it

4 Likes

Thanks for maintaining this thread @vcka. Seeing a rocket launch in person is high up on my bucket list. Also riding in one, but I don’t think that is in my future…

2 Likes

You’re welcome, I miss a few here and there… sorry :grimacing: Hey, if you win the billion mega lottery you could buy a seat on a rocket :wink:

1 Like

Just a reminder to people that this site Launch List - Space Coast Launches has all the upcoming launches, b/c, sometimes I miss giving a nudge.

2 Likes