3, 2, 1, Launch: Heads up! (up to date Launch times to help you look up to the skies while you're in the parks)

Thursday, January 27, 2022

We have activated our launch operations support team in preparation for the SpaceX Falcon9 CosmoSkymed launch. Window: 6:06-6:17 PM

12 Likes

Smart idea to keep a thread on this! I would love to see a launch someday. I think there was one when I was there but the cloud cover prevented us from seeing it.

1 Like

Someone asked for updates for an upcoming trip and I’ve already forgotten who :grimacing::disappointed: so I thought I’d start a thread since I get notices for all the launches. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Fun stuff. I haven’t toured Kennedy Space Center in awhile, but have great memories of it as a kid and adult. So exciting!

1 Like

Fab, hopping on. DP is super keen to see something when we’re there in July. We’re just figuring out logistics to see if a KSC trip would fit.

1 Like

Friday, 28 Jan 2022

We have activated our launch operations support team in preparation for the SpaceX Falcon9 CosmoSkymed launch. Window: 6:06 - 6:17 PM

This is another attempt from yesterday’s scrubbed launch

1 Like

I loved seeing the launch when we were there. Grateful that you alerted us. Thank you :heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

Spaceflightnow.com is a great site. It says the launch is now scheduled for 6:11pm EST Saturday, Jan. 29.

On Nov. 10, some people could see that launch from EP and MK.

3 Likes

Sunday, January 30, 2022
The Canaveral attempt aims for 6:11 p.m. Sunday to take an Italian satellite into orbit from Space Launch Complex 40.

The payload is the COSMO-SkyMed Second Generation FM2 satellite run by the Italian Space Agency. It’s the second of four new satellites to replace an original four launched from 2007-2010 that provide defense, environmental and other observations for Italy and surrounding nations in the Mediterranean region.

Monday, January 31, 2022
The second Falcon 9 rocket originally on tap for this weekend was set to launch Saturday, but has now pushed to Monday. This one carrying another batch of Starlink satellites will take off from Kennedy Space Center’s Launch Pad 39-A, with a target liftoff between 2:50 p.m. and 6:30 p.m., according to the Space Launch Delta 45′s Weather Squadron.

Weather pushes SpaceX launch attempt to Sunday, 2nd rocket to Monday - Orlando Sentinel

1 Like

If you missed Sunday’s launch it was bc it was scrubbed again.

We have deactivated our launch operations support team after a scrubbed launch of the SpaceX Falcon9 CosmoSkymed rocket.

1 Like

Today, SpaceX lauched the Italian radar satellite on the fifth try.
“After bad weather and an errant cruise ship prevented launch on four previous days, SpaceX fired a Falcon 9 rocket into orbit Monday from Cape Canaveral with an Italian radar remote sensing satellite. Liftoff occurred at 6:11 p.m. EST (2311 GMT), and the Falcon 9 rocket’s first stage booster successfully returned to Florida’s Space Coast eight minutes later for landing.”

Tuesday, Feb 1, there will be another SpaceX launch at either 1:56pm or 5:13pm EST (not decided yet). That will be a Falcon 9 rocket with Starlink 4-7 satellites.

3 Likes

We watched the launch in our neighborhood w/ several neighbors out on our street.

2 Likes

Saturday, February 5, 2022

Advisory: BrevardEOC At level 2 activation for launch

Dear Nixle User,

We have activated our launch operations support team in preparation for the Astra VCLS Demo2 launch. Window: 1 - 4PM.

2 Likes

Any scheduled for the next 12 days or so?

1 Like

I’ll check, but I get an email on the day of and then one when it’s cleared or scrubbed. brb

1 Like

Yes, check this link: 2022 Launch Schedule - Space Launch Schedule

This launch has been scrubbed today, but it’s still counting down… so I don’t know what’s going on :thinking:

Astra Space - ELaNa 41 - Astra Rocket 3 Rocket Launch (spacelaunchschedule.com)

1 Like

Another scrub notice

Advisory: BrevardEOC Back to level 3 activation following scrub

Dear Nixle User,

We have deactivated our launch operations support team after a scrubbed launch of the Astra VCLS Demo2 rocket.

1 Like

It was me! :blush:

2 Likes

Nice! Well, here you go :wink: :laughing:

1 Like