3, 2, 1, Launch: Heads up! (up to date Launch times to help you look up to the skies while you're in the parks)

I know many ppl have seen the rockets in the sky at Disney so I’d think you’d be able to see it if skies are clear.

It’s funny how many of our neighbors come out during a launch to watch. We’re all standing in the street yaking and looking up… it’s a site :laughing:

2 Likes

Here’s the link to watch it LIVE: Artemis I Launch to the Moon (Official NASA Broadcast) - Nov. 16, 2022 - YouTube

4 Likes

Biggest rocket (for now, until SpaceX’s Starship launches) since the Saturn V that launched the lunar missions in the late 60s/early 70s. Jealous that you’ll be able to see it!

3 Likes

honestly I’m more excited about the noise it’s gonna’ make and if my dishes will rattle in the cupboards :smirk: :joy:

5 Likes

Yeah I’m jealous you will hear it. :crossed_fingers: for a clear day tomorrow so I can see it! I’m too far to hear anything though.

3 Likes

I’ll be tuning in to the NASA feed! Exciting stuff :rocket:

3 Likes

She’s looking good!

2 Likes

They have been trouble shooting a tank issue for a bit though. Hard to tell - is the countdown on hold?

Oh they finally showed the clock and it’s still going

Only a few clouds this morning so I should be able to see it from my house. Night ones are better, more dramatic. Got my binoculars ready and set an alarm to remind me to go outside :grin:

Ugh. Holding at 40 mins for tank issue

Booo

yup, still on hold… waiting

I think the evening news last night said if they don’t launch this morning it would be next Monday? but this 10 min delay has become over 40 min at this point. They are having trouble loading fuel, something about maintaining the boiling temp point required to load it.

I don’t think it’s about loading the fuel. I think that one engine is not properly bleeding (or maybe is overly bleeding?). But either way I’ll be shocked if this doesn’t go to scrub. They’ve been holding at 40 minutes for an hour now.

Do they have two separate launches today? There was an 8:30 and also a 10:30 launch time. It sounded like two different packages within the Artemis project going up, but I wasn’t clear on that.

6:20 a.m. Crack reported, engine bleed issue persists

The hydrogen engine bleed flow test that was not able to have been performed during the wet dress rehearsals is good in three of four engines, One, though, is still giving issues during a test in which pressures are increased to flight levels.

Teams will close the flow to help the engines all warm up a little, then reopen the hydrogen flow in the hopes that the temperature drops on the problem engine to where NASA needs it to be.

Meanwhile, teams have reported a crack in an inner tank flange. Cameras on it show a frost buildup and vapor trail. It’s being evaluated, but will need more discussion.

Richard Tribou

7:38 a.m. Countdown clock in 30-minute hold

The countdown clock went into a 30-minute hold at T-40 minutes while the liquid hydrogen team continues to troubleshoot a problem with the RS-25 engines at the base of the core stage. The 30-minute hold is supposed to end with the countdown with only 10 minutes ahead of launch, but a T-0, and has already pushed beyond the start of the two-hour window at 8:33 a.m.

“Launch controllers condition the engines by increasing pressure on the core stage tanks to bleed some of the cryogenic propellant to the engines to get them to the proper temperature range to start them. Engine 3 is not properly being conditioned through the bleed process, and engineers are troubleshooting,” NASA said in a statement.

An earlier noted potential issue of what seemed to be a crack seen in the inner tank has in NASA engineers’ opinion been not in the actual tank, but in the foam that insulates tank.

Richard Tribou

1 Like

Also per your hurricane update, next chance for launch is first Friday 9/2 and then Monday 9/6 :wink:

1 Like
1 Like

I would prefer Monday because DH and DD are off and we could go closer! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

So pretty!

I’ve got it on my phone, which is perched on one of my monitors so I can keep tabs on the thing.

1 Like

But if you read the hurricane thread, there is a storm that is threatening in the midatlantic that they will have to keep tabs on as it could have a negative effect on launch

1 Like