2021 Hurricane season updates

Good plan! Be safe!

2 Likes

Weā€™re all good here about 30 miles north of Dallas! Most of the bad weather was south of us thankfully.

3 Likes

Was coming to check on Texas friends.

2 Likes

No excitement here yet! Some of our afternoon activities were cancelled, but they probably could have happened anyway. DD is still at dance. Iā€™m just hoping itā€™s uneventful because I have a deadline and if I have to resort to my tiny laptop screen in a bathroom with 6 people, two dogs, and a gerbil Iā€™m going to be pretty cranky.

4 Likes

Absolutely.

1 Like

Wonā€™t a deadline be extended if the weather concern is widespread?

1 Like

Itā€™s a hard deadline if I want our yearbooks delivered on time.

3 Likes

Yeah, apparently the storm slowed. It was supposed to hit here this evening and now theyā€™re saying 2-6am maybe? :persevere:

2 Likes

They just extended our tornado watch from ending at 10pm to ending at 1 am. The radar prediction shows us clear though.

2 Likes

We were supposed to get hit with it around 1pm. Now its not even going to hit YX/LA line till 10am. So probably as Iā€™m getting off workā€¦ meaning I will leave early. Canā€™t see well to drive if its pouring.
SE TX people, sending prayers.

1 Like

Thank goodness it ended up being uneventful for us! Even the rain didnā€™t cause pooling in the usual places near our house.

4 Likes

The only issue we had is the weather was very severe leading right up to morning drop off. We passed 2 accidents on the way to the schools. One involved a car fire that had a major road completely closed down in one direction so we had to u-turn and take the long way around, and the next traffic signal wasnā€™t fully functioning.

Obviously, most parents were not putting their kids out to wait at bus stops in that mess. It was ā€œfirst day of schoolā€ level chaos. We arrived 30 min before school start and it took 20 min to get through the line. There were easily twice as many cars in line when I left as when I arrived.

Obviously nothing compared to being struck by a tornado or flooding, but still not a pleasant morning.

1 Like

Glad yā€™all are all safe. Still pretty tame here but I think its gonna pick up shortly. The high winds will be our biggest issue. Looks like the bulk of the storm jogged slightly more north of us. But who knows. About to check the latest now. Local noon broadcast should be on live.

1 Like

Yeah, so apparently this message went out through the district school bus notification appā€¦

ā€¦at the same time we were under a tornado warning.

Stay safe out as those bus stops, yā€™all! :see_no_evil:

Some busses were running an hour late.

Last night we were bullseyed in the tornado warning (weā€™re all fine) the same exact time I was taking the NWS Skywarn Storm Spotter Training. Iā€™ve wanted to get involved with Skywarn for years and finally signed up this time. The NWS meteorologist teaching the class was giving us storm play by play in between her class slides. It was very interesting.

5 Likes

I was just thinking about you earlier and how youā€™ve not been around much recently.

Cool timing - glad everyone is safe!

1 Like

Fixed.

I was tagged here, so came to see what was up. Iā€™m going to DLR in June, but not definitive plans yet. Finally bought tickets like 2-3 days ago. 3-day hoppers. Iā€™m nearly 100% out of the loop on everything, but I have park reservations at least.

My ankle is injured still, so havent really run since Marathon. Iā€™ve gained 10 pounds already. Not a good trajectoryā€¦

Work is insane all of a sudden thanks to crazy oil prices. Getting more involved in cub scout leadership. I was chosen as the North TX Ambassador for St Jude. Kids are driving me nuts. I have no free time at all.

Since Iā€™m sharing already, heres a little bit of Disney. Went to Disney on Ice last weekend and it was the best time Iā€™ve had in months. DD3 freaked out when Elsa came out. You know who I was excited aboutā€¦

8 Likes

Hmmmm, can only post 5 pics at a time? That messes up trip reporting for me. Not like Iā€™m going to ever finish my marathon report anyways though

5 Likes

Good to ā€œseeā€ you

Sounds like life has been a little busy! Glad youā€™re mostly well (aside from that dang ankle).

Great pics from Disney On Ice!!

Was not aware of any limit on number of pics that can be included in a thread. Wonder whatā€™s up with that. Maybe the mods know or can find out @missoverexcited or @PrincipalTinker

Happy DLR planning!!!

1 Like

You can put more than 5 pics in a post, but can only upload 5 at a time.

2 Likes