2021 Hurricane season updates

Good Morning All, Hurricane season is June 1 - Nov 30, w/ a call from meteorologists to change the opening date to May 15th. The first (90% possible) named storm Ana is forming out in the Atlantic now. For those storm watchers.

90% chance hurricane season’s 1st system forms soon, NHC says - Orlando Sentinel

6 Likes

Technically hurricanes can happen ANY time. “Season” just means they are more likely to happen. Just like tornadoes don’t only happen during tornado “season”.

I’m really concerned about a hurricane impeding on our August trip. Unfortunately, it is the only time on our calander that we can go! When I told DH the dates, he just said “you know with our luck, we’re going to get a hurricane!” Our “big” vacations have had bad luck streaks- when we went to Hawaii for our ten year anniversary, a volcano erupted the day before we left, and our AirBNB was in the path of the lava flow. Our big blowout Disney trip with all the bells and whistles and luxuries we could afford (and a lot of them that we couldn’t afford, even!) got COVIDed out. So it stands to reason that this one gets some kind of natural disaster too.

Disney rarely closes for weather…isn’t that what we know? You can plan on daily rain still, but inland/central FL usually deals w/ wind and rain and not the storm surges that coastal regions have to contend w/. BUT if this turns into something more for Disney we’ll know where to look for blame :wink: :rofl::joy:

4 Likes

Certainly. I will take complete responsibility because I’ve resigned myself to the fact that this is just how things work out for me now :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Well… I think you’ve paid your dues and are owed a trip. Let’s hope the universe agrees!

3 Likes

With the potential first storm forming, the name list was mentioned,

There will be storms named Ana and Elsa, but no Olaf, Sven, or Kristoff.

5 Likes

You a a prime candidate for travel insurance… Just saying.

2 Likes

100%

1 Like

This storm looks like its in the area that usually gets swept out to sea eventually. Hoping that’s the case and that it doesn’t have any land impacts.

4 Likes

This is what they are predicting it will do. No impact on North America.

1 Like

Well. I’m going during peak hurricane season, in late August. Hopefully nothing in the Orlando area then but I know I’m taking my chances.

1 Like

NOAA predicts 13 to 20 named storms this hurricane season

Hurricane season doesn’t start until June 1, but experts think it’s going to be another busy year with as many as 13 to 20 named storms.
Read the Latest

For comparison…and last year turned out to be a doozy…
“Of the 30 named storms, 14 developed into hurricanes, and a record-tying seven further intensified into major hurricanes.”

2 Likes

Hurricane center eyes 2 possible systems, both with increased odds of developing - Orlando Sentinel

And this one? :crazy_face:

And my yard is already swampy from the ridiculous amounts of rain we’ve had this week…

1 Like

ok… got it… NO-rain dance to keep the rain out of your neck of the wood :wink:

2 Likes

Tropical depression may form this weekend or early next week, hurricane center says

Two tropical waves are stirring Friday morning in mid and eastern Atlantic, one with strong odds of becoming the sixth tropical depression of the season by late this weekend, the National Hurricane Center said in its 8 a.m. update.
Read the Latest

2 Likes

shhhhhh

4 Likes