2020 Trips

I will be there 7/17-7/25 -BLT theme park view. I plan to do a live trip report this time!

5 Likes

BLT-Theme Park VIew 7/17-7/25

7/17 - EP
7/18 MK
7/19 - DHS
7/20 - AK
7/21 -Resort Day!!!
7/22 - MK
7/23 - DHS
7/24 - AK
7/25 - EP - Tragical Express

3 Likes

Looks like there might be a couple of opportunities to meet up! Maybe our DS11ā€™s can commiserate about their fanatic moms as they enjoy the results!

1 Like

Aug 22-30 at POP
22-epcot
23-ak
24-hs
25-mk
26-epcot
24-mk
28-hs
29-mk
30 pool and relax

oct 18-21 (SOLO tripā€¦ reschedule from may!)
supposed to be ASmu but havenā€™t called to get moved yet
18-epcot
19-hs
20- mk
21 ak

1 Like

maybe if someone had an extra ticket to link to MDEā€¦ that would be sweet!

1 Like

Currently, POFQ, December 4-14. Ep, HS, MK, AK, Ep, HS, MK, half of the group Ep, half HS, MK.
Hoping POFQ opens before then. Otherwise we will get moved to another moderate, not an upgrade.

We have EP reserved for 10/30 and MK for 10/31 as well!

1 Like

After having to give up perfect ADRs and FPP (including MMRR) for our former May 2020 trip, and now that my DS has turned 3 so we now have to payā€¦ we rebooked to:

10/30 EP
10/31 MK
11/1 HS
11/2 MK
11/3 AK

Staying at Wilderness Lodge although it is not technically open. Have called and they said if we have to be moved they would look to Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge first (we will cancel otherwise). I had awesome ADRs for this trip too before they were cancelled, including HDDR on Halloween (wouldnā€™t that have been fun?).

If everything works out and we do end up going, it will be a story to tell at least!!!

8/23 -08/28
Riviera
23 HS
24 MK
25 AK
26 EP
27 MK
28 HS

2 Likes

10/31-11/2 Royal Pacific (1st trip to Universal, primarily so DD can experience all things HP)
11/2-11/8 BLT

Donā€™t have tix yet soā€¦ Fishing?

Arriving July 16th at Pop Century and leaving the 21st (those are 10 1/2 hours drive days)
17th-AK
18th-MK
19th-EP
20th-HS

1 Like

All of this IF I can get ticketsā€¦IF numbers go down in Florida and I feel safeā€¦and IF Iā€™m not too burned out by hospital work in a 2nd or third wave/people arguing about human rights/to mask or not to mask/figuring out school next year/life in general. Tbh right now I donā€™t have the energy to finish trip planning the way I need to with all these changesā€¦ we will see. One day at a time.Sorry for venting. :confounded:

Planning to be at BCV arriving on October 15th.
Oct 16 - AK
17 - MK
18 - pool and rest day
19 - MK
20 - HS

3 Likes

@StitchGirl84 and @OBNurseNH and whoever else is holding out with POFQ and hoping for an upgrade. First, I sure hope you do!

But just wanted to give you food for thought as Iā€™ve spend numerous hours on calls with CM this week (my MDE got all screwed up, fun) and spoke with guests services rep who seemed very knowledgeable. Just know they are doing like for like as best as they can; value>value, mod>mod, deluxe>deluxe. Because of this, you have to think about when your trip is, and which mods are open by then. My biggest concern for my sept trip booked at POFQ is that I would get placed in the Cabins at Fort Wilderness. This would not have made me happy.

I know itā€™s all a big gamble, but if your holding out hoping that mods will be filled and youā€™ll get bumped to deluxe just take a look at how BIG Fort Wilderness is and how MANY cabins they have. I doubt they will ā€œrun outā€ of mods.

So if that move would be fine with you then by all means wait it out and :crossed_fingers:

But if you are like me and would not be happy in a cabin Iā€™d suggest trying to call, maybe next week, and ask for your resort ā€œoptionsā€ since POFQ is closed. Iā€™d do it before CBR or CSR book up.

1 Like

Same. We would rather land at CBR than FWC, so I am (FINALLY!!!) on hold with the TA line to fix our ressie for fall as well as another client who travels in August.

They do try to do like for like - they donā€™t wan to give away $$. I think the upgrades people saw in this initial period are because there are no values or mods open yet. I think those are all but done for now. I canā€™t imagine filling up all of CBR and FWC with the reservations still standing for the other mods so I donā€™t think it will get to that point. And as I donā€™t want a cabin, Iā€™m in line now.

2 Likes

Good luck!!! Let me know how it turns out!

1 Like

Weā€™re booked sept 9-14 but I want to cancel this one but I cannot get through.
Also booked dec 12-20, this one Iā€™m unsure about. Weā€™re booked at an all star so I also need a modification there

Is it not possible for you to cancel via the website?

I wish but it says to call

1 Like

My daughter and I landed at CSR water view (from POFQ river view). They also offered CBR and I almost went for it because of skyliner, but when we were starting to plan my DD specifically said she did not want CBR. As this is her birthday trip, she gets to call the shots. So CSR it is. Might have a car anyway, depending on what transport looks like by then; I know Iā€™m happy to have one booked for August/Sept

3 Likes

For those of you with ROOM ONLY using a TA: if they are moving like to like please let them know if you approve an additional payment for deposit. They are going to price match it on the back end, but for the interim, if itā€™s a more expensive room, additional deposit will be required to meet the one nightā€™s accommodation cost. Example: my client at GF had the option to move to BLT studio lake view, but that was an overall more expensive room; to secure it my client would have had to plunk down more money to cover the deposit; her balance due would reflect the price match once that went through but for now she needed to put down more $$

This additional deposit does not apply if itā€™s a package - all packages are $200 deposit regardless; the price matching will still happen in the background.

I forget who was lamenting packages, but this is another reason to consider one. In my case, we are RO because we are AP so package is N/A for us.

UPDATE: A second call today with a different CM about another reservation resulted in NO ADDITIONAL FUNDS REQUIRED even though this reservation was also room only. IDK. Just a perfect example of how CMs are not all informed.