2020 Trips

UOR 7/24-7/27 HRH followed by split stay at GFV and Poly 7/27-8/4. So excited!
Also trips in October and November.

Did you get an email from Disney? I have not gotten anything. Did they officially say it will not be open?

I posted some text from an email, and it’s on the know-before-you-go section of the Disney website under the Resorts section

If your resort is not scheduled to open, you will be moved but you have to call for help with that (or your TA does if you used a TA). If you don’t take any action and are booked at a resort that will not open, you reservation will be auto-cancelled at 7 days out.

1 Like

Supposed to be at POFQ Nov. 15-21st. I haven’t been able to get through on the phones but got a CM in chat today. When I asked he insisted that Disney would make a move first and contact me before I got to the 7 day window if POFQ wasn’t available. I even copied and pasted that language into the chat and again he insisted that they would not cancel me.

I think I’m going to try to give it another week or two and call next week to ask again as I’m also sort of hoping to get moved to deluxe if CBR gets booked up :wink:

1 Like

This is incorrect. You got an ill-informed CM

That’s kind of what i thought. I’ve been trying to get through on the phones with no luck for three days so at this point I’m going to wait until next week and cross my fingers that there aren’t 7 hour hold times by then.

1 Like

I looked thru the know before you go and could not find anything. I thought they were supposed to contact us.

Please see the paragraph just below the list of resorts scheduled to open: “guests with current reservations …”

@OBNurseNH is that a screenshot from another day? This is what it says now

July 10 Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Contemporary Resort
July 29 Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
August 12 Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
August 24 Disney’s Yacht Club Resort and Disney’s Beach Club Resort
September 21 Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
October 1 Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
October 14 Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort

Given the current situation, there are some Disney Resort hotels and other areas that are not, as of this time, being scheduled for reopening yet. We will continue to evaluate the situation and reopen more locations when the environment is right to do so.

While these plans may evolve, we will be monitoring the constantly changing health environment and its impact on the state of Florida as we find the right time to welcome back even more of our Guests.

We continue to assist Guests with current hotel reservations for 2020, modifying travel plans as needed.

That’s from a TA email I got on 6/21

Our August trip is off. I’m just not comfortable with the current situation and with so much closed, we’d rather wait. We have an April trip booked and I’ll just focus on making that one even better! I’ll happily live vicariously through the rest of you, though!

2 Likes

Gotcha, thank

1 Like

This actually gave me an idea … do you think anyone will book two reservations under different profiles for the same day(s) so they can “park hop”? Once off-site guests are open, you wouldn’t even have to have a separate hotel reservation, just a separate ticket. (I would never do this, but some people are crazier than me. :smile:)

Sept 20-25 BCV and Dec 13-18 BWV same order for both parks (Epcot, HS, MK, AK, MK, HS). Would be nice to have park hopping back but I’m just glad to have something to look forward to (even if they don’t end up happening for whatever reason).

My husband and I currently have a short trip booked for Oct 13-18th. We did a 10 day trip in December 2019 with our 5 y.o. son. This trip will be just the two of us and we were really looking forward to it as it gives us a chance to ride all the big rides and drink around the world! Then with the COVID stuff, we figured we would end up not going, but then last week Friday our travel agent emailed us saying our resort (Pop Century) wouldn’t be open and basically we would be upgraded to a deluxe resort at no added cost to us unless we wanted to choose the resort. This made us want to go again as we typically would not pay to stay anywhere that nice since we spend so much time on the go. So on Monday we made our park reservations. Yesterday we got another email stating that Pop Century will be opening after all. Such a roller coaster! So we are still booked but not completely sure if we will be going.

We’re staying July 27- August 3, Contemporary Resort. We were supposed to be at Wilderness Lodge, but it’s not open and so they shifted us here. I’m a wee bit disappointed at WL but I get it. I can’t wait to go!

Moved to Pop July 31-August 8. Depends on how comfortable with virus numbers at that time. Also depends on what happens the first week and a half of Disney World opening.

We are now at Pop July 30-Aug 5 with my DH, DS18, his GF (first trip!), DD7 and DD3. Decided against the cabin due to reviews of bad WiFi and uncomfortable beds. And Skyliner!!!
HS 7/31
Epcot 8/1
MK 8/3
AK 8/4
Then at Contemporary Garden wing 8/5-8/9 with DS16 and his GF, and DS11.
Epcot 8/6
HS 8/7
MK 8/8
AK 8/9
Then maybe Pop 10/17-23 with my mom and DD7 and DD3 - depending on if I can get more tickets and all the other factors.
Then CBR 12/8-12/14 with DH, DS12 (by then!), DD7 and DD4.
12/9 MK
12/10 HS
12/11 Epcot
12/12 MK
Hope to do MVMCP on 12/13 if they have it.

3 Likes

I will be joined a few days on each trip by DW:

9/9- 9/15. Split stay BLT and BWV
10/15-10/19 Now staying at CBR
11/29- 12/9 Split Riviera and Pop

3 Likes

DS11 and I will be at Pop July 31-August 8! :blush:
We will be at…
EP 7/31
HS 8/1
MK 8/2
AK 8/3