2020 Trips

I was not willing to take the chance either that is why I switched yesterday. There were still plenty of choices

1 Like

Yay! Congrats. CSR is beautiful and if it were open in Sept I may have jumped on that as well. Glad your daughter will get her wish! (Or second wish). Hoping with still limited resorts open you will get decent bus service:)

1 Like

CSR is huge but it doesnā€™t share with other resorts, right?

Thatā€™s weird. My TA moved me on Monday from Yacht Club to AKL One Bedroom Villa (which I have to assume was more expensive) and I didnā€™t have any additional cash come out. My TA has my credit card on file, but I havenā€™t seen any additional charge.

Room only or package?

Room only

That is very weird then.

I wonder which one of us had the bad CM

Correct.

1 Like

Perfect

1 Like

Thanks @tddusina. Iā€™m probably going to try calling next week. Unfortunately Iā€™ve been slammed with meetings at work this week which made it hard to call. The one time I did get through on Wednesday I was on hold for 2 hours and then the call disconnected. Agree that I would not want a Cabin.

Hereā€™s hoping that phone lines wonā€™t be so crazy next week :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Why doesnā€™t anyone want a cabin? We loved them! We rented a golf cart to get around, and we ordered groceries. Yes, the bedroom is smaller than a regular hotel room, but the extra space and storage in the living area was wonderful. It was also nice to have popsicles waiting in the freezer when we walked in the door on hot August days. There was plenty of space to hang wet clothes on rainy days, too.

We didnā€™t use the pool, but Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d use a pool right now anyway. The only thing we didnā€™t like was that the stores and food had weird hours.

1 Like

Well, I will decide the December trip this weekend. My mind can only handle one trip at a time. Since we have a bounceback offer, I wanted to be able to have numbers in front of me when they give me my options. I would be happy if they offer me CBR at 25% off, but I donā€™t think it will work that way.
I know that it is not how it is working now, but I sure expected Disney to contact me.

1 Like

So as an update, and in keeping with Disney Bizarro World, I had another client to resolve this morning and although the original cost of her room increased substantially I was not asked to provide additional deposit funds for the reservation to be confirmed.

Whatevs.

1 Like

March 20-27, 2020- cancelled by Disney
Rescheduled to:
June 6-13, 2020- cancelled by Disney
Rescheduled to:
Aug. 8-15, 2020- cancelled by me
Rescheduled to:
Dec. 16-23- waiting to see how things go over the next couple of months. This is our last chance at a 2020 vaca. :crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes

Itā€™s Disney - sounds about right! :wink:

1 Like

Well, our October DVC waitlist for Beach Club came through. After we get an idea of how the parks are running and such weā€™ll decide if weā€™re going to keep it. At this point my sister and I are thinking maybe just an adult tripā€¦ drive down, hang out at the resort, maybe F&W if the park isnā€™t looking crowded.

Was this a rental or direct? What type of villa? How long ago did you join the waitlist?

Thanks in advance. :wink:

Lotsa folks going to cancel today or soon on account of the extended executive order from Desantis requiring 14 day quarantine on arrival from tristate area

1 Like

I just cancelled our trip. :sob:

Stay tunedā€¦ :sob::sob: