2020 Resort / No Tickets Watch Thread

What you have circled is referencing 2021 hotel stays. If you scroll down it mentions 2020 tickets will resume sales “later this summer.”

1 Like

Oh yikes, Okay. Thanks!

That’s the only thing that keeps me here. I know if I hang up I might not be able to get back in line!

1:49 and counting.

1 Like

I do agree with your points. My view is clouded because I am a DVC owner and AP holder. Thank you for helping me to see that

1 Like

And yet a CM just told me the opposite: I cannot add tickets for 2021 I can only add tickets for 2020.

Not a magical experience.

:smiley:

Since I have no horse in this race and in my mind I am 100% sure you are all going to get tickets and park reservations because everything is pointing to there being enough capacity, I end up sounding super detached.

But if I were in your situation I would be super angry and stressed and ranting and venting.

I do really believe everything is going to work out. And because there is that psychological effect of the harder you work for something the more you appreciate it, it should be the most amazing trip ever :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

You should have bought some! I’m surprised there isn’t a black market happening for 2020 tix right now.

1 Like

Just clarifying that you have a resort booked and they told you that you could buy 2020 tix today?? Did you already have a AP or anything previously? I thought only 2021 was today :unamused::confounded:

I have a resort booked for 2021 - a DVC rental - and they told me that I could not buy tickets for 2021.
They were only able to add tickets to 2020 reservations.

:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

Really!?! I’m going to lose my ever- loving mind planning this trip. That is the opposite of what I and at least one other Liner were told.

2 Likes

yeah I know.
And no matter how I read their website, I can’t see how that matches what they told me.

I’ve given up for now. At 2:30 into my second oh hold the hold music just stopped. I gave it 2 more hours, and then at 4:30 I quit… I couldn’t hang on longer, not knowing if I was even on hold or not. For those of you counting, that’s 6 hours and 40 min of me being on hold with Disney today. With no resolution, no answers, and being disconnected on their end both times.

If I knew I could get park tickets for my existing DVC reservation in September 2020 I’d still be on. But at this point I just don’t know if it’s possible. I can’t imagine they would let the general public buy more tickets at the same time as the people who have existing resort reservations. Then again I couldn’t have imagined WDW shutting down for months because of a worldwide pandemic.

1 Like

oooph I’m so sorry you wasted all that time with no resolution

Who were you talking to? Ticket sales or DVC?

Ticket sales.
As I’m just renting the points, my understanding is that I’d get nowhere with DVC directly

2 Likes

I emailed asking when I’d be able to add tickets to my existing reservation (renting points) and Disney sent this back

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

Great Question ! We are excited you are spending time with us! You’ll want to contact Disney Vacation Club Members need to call Disney Vacation Club® Member Services by calling 800-800-9800, for all tickets and reservation requests. They can assist with tickets for your stay.

I’m assuming calling that number won’t help since I’m renting points?

Thanks!

1 Like

That is my understanding… but this is my first time renting points.

1 Like

I wonder if we will get an email with instructions on what to do if/when tickets become available if our reservation is linked to our MDE?

Anything’s possible I guess.