2020 Resort / No Tickets Watch Thread

This makes a lot of sense to me. And as a point renter Disney can rightfully say I’m not their problem since I didn’t go through them. I don’t like it but I get it.

I honestly think they just have NO CLUE when these people are going to want to go. They made a giant chunk of date-based tickets fully flexible for the remainder of the year. They really mis-judged the SWGE demand and are probably afraid of over/under estimating the offsite demand. I imagine once they have let a reasonable amount of time go by for the offsite folks to make their reservations and there is still capacity, they will re-open ticket sales. Probably (hopefully) with DVC reservation holders given priority.

For those with one/two people without tickets, I would still recommend making reservations for everyone else and hoping for some mercy/pixie dust once ticket sales resume. Disney must be saving at least some excess capacity given that you don’t have to register infants, so they should be able to slot additional family members into even “sold out” days later in the year. I imagine it would be similar to how they could add a few people here and there to the ROTR boarding groups.

3 Likes

I’m doing the same thing. No faith in trying to re-book the whole thing and get a great deal again so :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: tickets will still be available to us after the dust settles on the 28th whenever they let us get them

1 Like

Has anyone tried calling them today to see if we could get tix? I am going to try this afternoon after I see my patients.

Probably a no but then at least we would know for sure

1 Like

I am on hold on the DVC line now. DH and I are DVC members and we have not-yet-activated APs, but we do not have tickets for our (adult) kids. We have a DVC reservation for December 2020 for a family trip, and now we have APRs for only 2 out of 4 of us.

2 Likes

I was planning to call this am just to see, but the ER went bananas and I haven’t had more than 10 min to sit (definitely not enough to be on a long time hold!) I will let you all know if I get through later today and wait they say :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ew Freudian slip - WHAT they say

1 Like

I tried a couple of times but never got through. After my chat last night I’m not too hopeful so not spending a lot of time trying

The exclamation point after “Only tickets for 2021 go on sale tomorrow” is especially painful lol.

2 Likes

I also took it as desperation by the CM- please please please don’t call tomorrow!

2 Likes

This was the chat that my DH got this morning. I am still on hold w/DVC. Not sure what we will do, because we need to use our points but DH and I don’t want to go to the parks and leave DS and DD in the room w/no tix.

Good luck. I really wish they had leveled the play field- not to mention lessen the anxiety and phone calls to WDW- a bit by giving our category a date. Give ticket holders a couple of days to make park reservations but then let those with hotel res buy tickets. Those that are on the fence about going won’t buy and can take there chances later.

3 Likes

Agreed. They have no idea what demand will look like in 2020. I am betting demand will be below capacity, but there is really no way of knowing until offsite guests start making park reservations.

1 Like

Yes!!! That would have been amazing. There has been enough uncertainty and planning/replanning/and replanning of this trip already!

I just got off the phone w/DVC member services. She confirmed what others are hearing. There are no 2020 ticket sales at this time for any reason. They will be made available later in the summer. She said that in the meantime, DH and I should book our park reservations and then once we can get the kids tickets, try to book the same parks. Since my trip is planned for Dec, this puts me at able to cancel as late as Nov and not have my pts go into a holding account. But for those ppl with early fall trips, what are they going to do?

She was also moving some pts around for me and then we got disconnected and I haven’t been called back yet, so I’ll need to keep checking to see if that goes through. I was holding for an hour so don’t want to call back right now.

2 Likes

I’m on hold now. I called at 7am Orlando time (4am my time) and got a message that they wouldn’t open until 8. So I called at 8, was on hold for 2 hrs and 10 min. A CM answered, I told her I need to add park tickets to my resort reservations. She put me on hold to see what to do. And then I was disconnected. Seriously. So I’m back on hold again.

1 Like

Thanks for the update and saving me a phone call. Yes with a mid-October trip planned I am nervous but at this point it’s a giant game of wait and see. Nothing I can do

Arrrrrrgh I would have thrown something!:tired_face: Hope you get through and get some answers! It sounds like the consensus is today is for 2021 and 2020 is a big void of TBD later but maybe someone will give you further clarification. We can only hope!

Yeah, I was too stunned to throw anything. I might still be in shock.

I’ll let you know what I figure out. I know it’s not Disney official, but I did read this last Friday.

Also I have the email stating that I would be prioritized over AP (with no resort reservations) and off-site guests because I have a resort reservation. So I guess that means they might make me wait until tomorrow? But I think AP without resorts can start booking Friday?

Also, who knows what will actually happen…it’s all a mixed up crapshoot.

Currently 1:22 into my second round of eternal hold.

Hang in there.
I aspire to be on hold.
so far only all circuits busy

1 Like