2020 Resort / No Tickets Watch Thread

After a 2 hr 10 minute hold time, Tiffany confirmed that stand alone ticket sales for 2020 cannot be made at this time. I’m starting to believe them.

3 Likes

Thanks for posting this. Makes me feel better about not being able to get through today.

Have to say, all this makes me glad I pulled the plug on our July trip. We were supposed to check in on July 21st for a 9 day onsite stay. DH and I have APs; no tickets for DD 18 and DD 13. What are you supposed to do with a July stay and no tickets? This is just nuts. Hate to say it, but I’m about at the point where I’ll take the AP refund if I can still get it. I don’t see us going in January and our passes will expire before we can go back as a family in the summer. So sad…

On the slim-to-none chance I would get the lone CM that seemed ready to sell to GreyingMouser I went ahead and tried. No dice. In addition to the standard “later this summer” she threw out “about a month or so”. Not sure that’s based on anything other than their desire to manage expectations. Sounds like we’re in for a wait.

4 Likes

this is the exact reason we cancelled our trip this year. I had waited to purchase tickets and they couldn’t say when they would go back on sale. We had an onsite reservation but what good is that with no park access.

2 Likes

Thank you for this thread. My anxiety over my September 2020 trip is ridiculous. We have a DVC rental at AKL-K for 9 people, 4 have never been to Disney World. Shame on me for not buying the insurance, I guess… I’ve gotten an email stating I’d be able to purchase tickets for my trip on 6/28 and a chat that says the same, I had a chat that said “later this summer” which matches the website wording, and yesterday I got a chat that said they had no specific date for 2020 OR 2021 stand alone tickets. I didn’t think I was purchasing “stand alone tickets” since I have an on-site reservation, but is that what it’s considered when you rent DVC?

3 Likes

Yes. DVC members can not participate in any packages because the room is already covered by points. So we need to buy tickets and dining plan (when it was offered) as a stand alone purchase.

I just noticed that the availability calendars for resort guests and pass holders look very different already - it appears they are holding back availability for resort guests. Hope you all are able to get tickets soon and park reservations!

4 Likes

Ok, that part makes sense. So, when we are finally able to purchase park tickets, would we be looking at the resort guest availability calendar for available park pass reservations or the calendar that the off-site ticket holders use? I don’t want to assume availability based on the resort guest calendar if they’re considering my tickets as “stand alone” and get burned with tickets I cannot use. This is my first time renting points and I don’t think I’ll ever do it again. (Yes, I realize I’m being dramatic… just frustrated…) I feel like the proverbial “red-headed step-child” having a paid resort reservation and completely left out to scramble for leftover tickets with the general public on some unknown date TBD.

3 Likes

Well, Jesus, that’s messed up!

1 Like

A DVC stay is the same as a cash stay at any other WDW resort.

So yes, you would look at the resort stay availability.

4 Likes

You’re not alone in your frustration. I rented my points in early December before there were any reports of what would become the pandemic and I couldn’t imagine any condition not covered by traditional travel insurance (weather, illness, death) that would make me want to cancel. I made sure to buy our MNSSHP tickets just in case they sharply curtailed attendance but again failed to imagine that as a resort reservation-holder I would be at a disadvantage for buying theme-park tickets.

The good news is that so far the dates seem to be holding up ok after the initial opening. It will all work out in end… it will all work out in the end…

4 Likes

When did you get that email? We have DVC rental set up for September and I haven’t gotten anything about adding tickets. Thanks!

1 Like

The email I got was a response to one of the emails that I sent to their customer service. When I first called in to add tickets and was told no, the cast member seemed to be truly apologetic and told me to be vocal. She said to email, post on their blog, post on their social media… all of which I’ve done. Email and chat are the only ones that I’ve gotten any kind or response from though.

1 Like

Thank you - I’ll keep an eye out for info on adding tickets on the 28th

4 Likes

Yeah, my assumption right now is that we will be able to add tickets on the 28th. We shall see.

4 Likes

I am certainly going to try!

1 Like

I got through immediately this morning without waiting on hold, but that was the end of the magic. Disney World is still not selling stand alone tickets for 2020. No priority given for the reservation that I already have. No update on when to try back. :disappointed:

5 Likes

Bummer!

Thanks for taking one for the team and trying this am. Now I can go drink my coffee in peace without hold music in the background

3 Likes