Zoom Call on Disney Wish

I’ve got to make a zoom call before we leave the port on day one of the Disney Wish. I realize it’s not ideal, but there’s not really a way to reschedule. I also know that it might be tricky to pull off-but with some planning I’m hoping to figure out the best space on the ship for phone/cell service, and I’d be grateful for any other suggestions!

1 Like

Would you be making this zoom call on the day you get off the ship? So you would be back at Port Canaveral?

Oops-edited my post-it’s actually at the port before we leave on day one. The call is around 3pm, and I should be done by the muster drill.

Your room should be ready by then so you could go to your room. The rest of the ship will be really busy with everyone checking out the ship. It’s a little chaotic.

2 Likes

Thank you! I was wondering if the room would have good cell service. If it does that will be perfect!

If you haven’t left port you should be okay.

Your room is a great option, and there are tons of quiet spaces all over that would also be good (unoccupied lounges, for example).

Once you leave port service gets challenging, but before that you should be good!

2 Likes

I’ve made facetime calls while still in port with no problems.

2 Likes

We just sailed in June, and I wish I had been paying attention-but I put my phone down as much as possible.

This time-I have to be on this call. It’s a legal thing that’s very important to someone else, and I’m just not going to be able to get out of it.

The call starts at 3pm, and I’m hoping it is over by the Muster Drill, but I’m researching options for noise reduction, and could technically turn my video off during that portion if I’m still on the call.

I realize I’ll just have to do the best I can do in the moment, and if the call drops or they need me to speak right during the muster drill I’ll just have to try to make it work.

My plan is just to be as prepared as possible beforehand!

2 Likes

Am I right that the muster drills are right around 4pm?

I think so

I have to say that Royal’s “Muster 2.0” (individual, non time specific) was a game changer and I’m shocked that DCL hasn’t adopted this method yet!

3 Likes

AGREED! I did reach out to Disney, and they did say that I could wait just outside of my Muster Station until right before it starts, but that I would have to be fully participating once it does start.

1 Like

I’m getting into the weeds here, BUT that’s what liners do right?

Which muster station would be easier to get in and out of? Worlds of Marvel or Walt Disney Theater?

Thinking of the flow into the station, and then an exit strategy to a space where I might be able to catch the end of my call, and turn video/sound back on if needed.

1 Like

You don’t get to pick. Your cabin is assigned to one.

1 Like

I’m currently assigned to station B (Walt Disney Theatre), but there’s a cabin available that I’ve considered moving to for location and it’s in station X (World of Marvel). It made me curious if one of those locations might be better for my situation.

1 Like

Oh

Well I can’t answer your question, specifically but it sure seems like a lot of rigmarole for a phone call. I can’t imagine the difference would be substantial

3 Likes

I’ve not been on the Wish specifically to know but my guess having done one muster drill exactly is that the difference should be negligible. Both places you’ll have a hoarde of people exiting once done all mostly trying to get to the exact same place (pool deck for the Sail-A-Wave/Sailing Away show).

2 Likes

Thank you! I noticed that World of Marvel has a deck entrance nearby that might be helpful to finish the meeting. I decided to choose the room with that option. My thought is exactly what you said and that everyone will be heading to the sail-away party so I’ll be able to use that spot to turn video/sound back on if they need me to do so.

1 Like

I’ve got an update to this, and a follow up question. I was able to get the call changed to 2-4 pm. I’ve also explained where I’d be and that things might not go as planned on my end, but wanted to see if this plan “might” work. Get in room between 1:30-2, send kids to explore kids clubs (this is there second time sailing), start call on cellular data at 2 (request that anything I need to say without distraction be included between 2-3-if possible), turn sound off expecting announcements for muster drill to start at 3:30, turn video off and head to muster station at 3:45. I realize that the plan might change, but thought I’d ask the experts!

2 Likes

That works IF your room is ready. Have a backup plan if it’s not.

1 Like