Zoom Call on Disney Wish

So we had to do a quick FaceTime call between Muster drill and going up to the Sail-A-Wave party and so I thought of this thread immediately in trying to figure out where to go.

We were on the Magic and our muster drill station was on Deck 4 near the entrance to the midship elevator area. When the drill was done we turned in quickly and took the stairs down one deck to a lounge aft and on the port side of the ship. It was dead in the space & only one CM was around setting up the bar so it was a perfect place/time to make that quick call. We were then still able to head up to the pool deck for the party & get drinks in hand before the countdown & horn blowing.

Also, we showed up at our Muster drill station at 3:58 and there were still a few parties who came after us, so you can literally wait till the last minute or so to show up (and hopefully your call is wrapped up by then).

2 Likes

Thank you so much for this message! I just had a positive experience working through this, and almost didn’t post anything (was starting to feel silly about needing to make a call on a cruise). While the last thing I want to do on vacation is make a call-sometimes it’s just necessary-so I think any tips and tricks are helpful.

I was able to make my zoom call between 2-3:59 pm. I went to Guest Services once on the ship, and explained my situation. They assured me that my room would be ready by 2 (probably before), and also said that I was welcome to ask for early access to the room, if necessary. Similarly to my June sailing-our room was ready at 1:30 pm. Guest Services was also able to give me the approximate times of the overhead announcements that would be made in my room (that was very helpful)! In addition, they told me that I only needed to arrive to the muster drill by 3:55, but no later. We were in Muster Station X (Marvel), and they told me that we could ask to receive a standing location towards the back. This worked perfectly! We were able to slip in right at 3:59 without drawing attention to ourselves. There was also a perfect exit strategy as the deck outside of floor 4 would have been a great place to leave the muster drill and head out if I needed to stay on the call.

I definitely used strategy on picking a room that had a good Muster Drill location. Had we chosen a deck Muster Drill location it would have been much more difficult!

1 Like

Glad to hear your call went all smoothly and especially glad to hear that Guest Services was able to help you out!

Our call was definitely un-planned, ad-hoc & short so we didn’t have to pre-plan much. But we did need to speak to a family member before we were potentially without the ability to FaceTime for 4 days that we had been playing FaceTime phone tag with for the previous day or so (we did buy one premium WiFi package but weren’t sure if making calls would be feasible so wanted to make sure to do it before Sail Away and didn’t find an opportunity to get it done before the muster drill). As soon as my mind was like “Ok, where can we go to take this call after the drill?” was when I remembered your thread! So the discussion here definitely helped me in that moment!