Your preference: Consecutive days or alternate parks?

Tinkering with my upcoming plan that involves 2 days per park.
Do you fine people prefer back-to-back visits to the same park, e.g., a whole weekend of AK and then move on?
Or do you prefer to alternate so you get a second visit to a park after visiting something else?

2 Likes

Definitely I alternate – only exception is when there is park-hopping, sometimes we go back on the hop to previous day’s

6 Likes

Same as @DumboRunner. With PH I will, say, go to MK one morning, another park that evening and then could return to MK the following day to see the park at night.

1 Like

If we do 2 days at MK we will do those back to back, other than that, I like a mix.

1 Like

Mix. My next visit I’m planning Ak, DHs, Waterpark (hoping it’s typhoon lagoon because I haven’t done the new ride and it’s my fave of the two), EPC, Mk, hotel/rest day at Boardwalk + Fantasia Gardens, Mk, ak, DHs, Mk and Epcot. Ten day tickets/12 nights and doing hoppers so I can eat in Epcot after a break from whatever park I go to that day since I’m at Boardwalk.

1 Like

We rather not do consecutive days. We tend to do 7 or 10 days. Since we haven’t done hoppers yet, we do a day at each park and then decide where we want to spend addition time. I would struggle a bit with the current park reservation system.

2 Likes

Depends on my accommodations but generally alternating

1 Like

I generally alternate, except for HS. I tend to put HS back to back middle of the week to take advantage of the lowest crowds.

1 Like

Alternating. I would never do back to back unless it was park hopping.

1 Like

My upcoming trip is:

1/7 - AK
1/8 - Epcot
1/9 - AK
1/10 - MK
1/11 - AK

There’s a possibility that I’ll swap 1/8 and 1/10…but Epcot on a Sunday during a festival scares me only slightly less than Epcot on a Saturday. Yes, the 8th is opening of FOTA, but I’m going to trust that they have adjusted “commoner” capacity so they can let their bloggers, vloggers, and influencers be there too without overrunning the park.

So I guess I’m alternating.

2 Likes

Definitely alternating. With the capacity limits and park reservations, you actually have more flexibility now, as all days are very manageable crowd wise.

1 Like

We might do an MK morning and the next day do an MK evening. With the current non park hopper we’re doing our park repeats with other days in between.

Originally, I thought this question was about consecutive days in parks. :smirk: Cuz in recent trips, we’ve started doing more resort days, in amongst the park days. Cuz we’re not spring chickens any more. I don’t know when that happened but there it is.

Our plan for our upcoming trip is to tour slowly while in a park, and even leave the park mid day, at least for a nearby resort, if not our resort. I’m quite sure I could test my eyelids for light leaks in a Wilderness Lodge rocker. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
save me a spot

3 Likes

I also vote alternating.

Our last trip we did MK, Epcot, MK, Resort Day, AK, HS, MK, DS/AK and everyone was pretty happy with that. However our HS day was RotR opening day and we didn’t get a boarding pass so we got floating hopper tickets from guest relations to go back into HS the next morning and then headed to MK for the second half of the day.

This time (slightly shorter trip) we’re going MK, AK, HS, Epcot, MK, HS, AK. I took a vote among our crew as to which park was only getting 1 day and Epcot got the 4th place ranking. We’re going to another couple who don’t get to go often so I leaned toward their preferences.

2 Likes

Definitely alternating for us - we like to change things each day and spread out our favourite parks across the holiday not just grouped into one section.

1 Like

I’m struggling with this for our next trip. Our current plan is 4 nights at Crescent Lake, 3 nights at Bay Lake, and then 6 nights at AKL. It therefore seems like the beginning of our trip should be heavy on EP/HS, the middle MK, and the end AK. I hate to waste the primo location/transportation opportunities, but I also hate to wait a week for AK! My current plan is EP, MK, HS, HS, MK, EP, MK, AK, AK, MK, EP, HS, AK, AK. I may switch the second EP day with one of the AKs. We won’t be at the Poly anymore, so we can’t walk to the EP monorail at TTC anymore. We will hopefully have APs, so I’m sure we’ll do some hopping. I’ll probably change everything 5 times before we go!

4 Likes

I think this is the biggest thing! When I think about a split MK hotel/ boardwalk hotel. But I want to start and end at MK lol— so I have trouble planning it!

3 Likes

For split stays I do try to group our parks. But even then I alternate. For example , if at Bay Lake area, MK/EP alternating, and then HS/AK alternating in the other location

3 Likes

Yeah, the current conundrum revolves around split stay hotel proximity, to wit our Fri-Mon at AKL.
Obviously this is primetime for our intended two days at AK.

Now we also were looking at hitting Universal so we could drop that in on Sunday to split up the AK days.

(And to throw in a non-park day, we wanted to hit DS but I think the collective wisdom is “avoid the weekend” so that’d probably be the Friday while our luggage is AKL-bound.)

Decisions, decisions…

4 Likes

For split stays I definitely choose which parks based on what I can walk to or use something other than a bus for. Last trip I split b/w Boardwalk Villas and BLT and consequently did DHS and EPC while at BV and AK and MK while at BLT since I have to take a bus or drive to AK no matter what I don’t think it matters so much. But if I were you I’d definitely do MK when you’re at a MK resort and EPC and DHS when you’re at an EPC resort and if you have enough days to add AK in there add it.