Your Disney History

1973 - MK
1974 - MK
1975 - MK
1977 - DL (one and only time)
1978 - Jellystone Park, SD and Mount Rushmore (definitely not in Disneyland!)
1982 - WDW
1984 - WDW
1988 - WDW
1989 - WDW
1997 - WDW
2006 - WDW (parents 50th wedding anniversary!!!)
2007 - WDW
2009 - WDW
2011 - WDW
2012 - WDW
2013 - WDW
2014 - WDW
2015 - WDW
2016 - WDW
2017 - DCL Eastern on the Fantasy
2017 - MK - stayed one night in Contemporary… one and only time I ever stayed on site. It was awesome!
2018 - DCL Eastern on the Fantasy (again)
2019 - going back to WDW
2020 - hoping to cruise with DCL again :blush:

Sadly, DH is NOT a Disney fan, but he does love me and loves keeping me happy. with the kids almost grown, I’m not sure how many more Disney days and weeks are in my future, so I’m soaking up all I can when I get them.

2 Likes

1974: WDW. Stayed at Poly. Only a Magic Kingdom to visit. And I was pretty much scared to ride everything.
1978: WDW. Stayed at Contemporary. Still only a MK to visit. Happy birthday Mickey Mouse. …Hey rah rah rah.
1983: WDW. Stayed at WDW Village Villas (I think). Hello Epcot.
1984: DL. Just for a day.

2015: WDW. Get to bring my own wife and kids to WDW. Stayed at Contemporary and AKL. Trip blows their minds.
2019: WDW. Still to come. :grinning:

2 Likes

I can relate. My husband is not a Disney fan, but doesn’t mind if I go.

1 Like

1993 DL
1994 DL
2007 DL
2008 DL
2009 DL
2010 DL
2011 DL
2012 DL
2013 DL
2014 DL + WDW (first WDW trip for honeymoon)
2015 DL + WDW
2016 WDW
2017 WDW
2018 WDW

3 Likes

2003- Disneyland Paris aged 14 after many, many years of asking
2009- Disneyland Paris with a friend (also first time travelling abroad without my parents)
2016- WDW after many many years of asking
2017- Disneyland Paris for Halloween
2018- Currently in Disneyland (Anaheim) for the Halloween season
2019- Tokyo (hopefully)

3 Likes

1981: WDW family trip after a disastrous cruise. Teenage brother & dad furious with each other flew home on separate flights immediately when disembark, teenage sister refused to leave the Orlando hotel room after trying to elope with the busboy on ship. Good times. I was 10. Mother and I had a BLAST just the two of us at WDW. Mr Toad’s Wild Ride, Space Mountain, POTC.

2000: WDW with DH, DS10, DS6. Rented a house in Kissimmee with a pool. It was March and everything smelled of orange blossoms :heart:️ Boys loved Star Wars. DH and I had one of those vacation meltdown spats in front of It’s a Small World. Drug a screaming DS6 onto Space Mountain after his weeks of excited anticipation turned to last minute terror. The quintessential family Disney vacation my now-grown sons remember very fondly.

Oct 2018: finally taking our 3rd boy DS16, staying at Contemporary. #DUMBOORDIE touring plans precision tuned: he is a wrestler & I am a runner… we are physically ready to tear it up! TS Dining all the way. MNSSHP Tix so we can ride until midnight. Will be Alice in Wonderland & the Mad Hatter! He has his velvet top hat ready to go :grin:

3 Likes

Hopefully Dad and brother made up and your sister is glad she didn’t elope? Your mom probably needed all the fun she could get after that. Good story.

1 Like

That first trip brings a whole new meaning to the phrase the rougher the start, the better the trip!

1 Like

I did not realize Tim had been with you so many times, hehehe! What awesome memories are in these! There were more than a few when I was like "oh and I remember that trip, we ran into them at _____ "

1 Like

Yes he has been to DL twice and WDW/UOR 3 times with us I think. He says he is all done with both :rofl:. I am sure he will go again, probably for someones’s birthday, that is what got him to go in December. Looking forward to seeing you guys on Friday!

1 Like

I seem to be an elder here…

Apr. 2009 - 43 yo - First trip to WDW with my DH and DD8. Thought I’d give it a whirl and see what the hype was about. Week at Pop Century. All 4 parks. Magic hit me like a ton of bricks and I was instantly hooked! My family still talks about when “Mom cried when she first saw the castle”. Yep, it happened.

Apr. 2012 - 46 yo - Second family trip to WDW. 10 days at Pop Century. All 4 parks and a day at Universal for WWofHP. Just as amazing!

Apr. 2015 - 49/50yo - Mother/daughter birthday trip with my DD15, my best friend and her DD. 8 days at Pop Century. All 4 parks. I turned 50 at midnight at MK. The BEST!

Dec. 2015 - 50yo - Whirlwind 3 day HP weekend to Universal with my DH, DD and niece. We clocked 29 park hours and had a blast!

No future date at the moment, but always planning a WDW vacation!

2 Likes

This really too hard…

My first trip was in 1975 when I was 16. Between then and 1985, I made about 5 trips. I then had a WDW hiatus until 2000, but in the interim I made somewhere around 30 trips (many of them day) to DL, and one to TDL when I was stationed overseas. I returned to FL (Pensacola) in 1998, and over the past 20 years I’ve had somewhere around 15 trips, the most recent being in Nov, 2014. I’ve stayed at the CR, AKL, CBR, POP, ASM, and SOG as well as several off-site locations and one at DS that may have been called the Dutch Inn, but has since changed names.

I can say, in honesty, that I have been on every ride/attraction that has ever been in WDW, and have seen all of the “permanent” shows. At one time I could say that I had eaten in every TS on property, but they are just opening them too fast for me to keep up (as far as in-park choices, Tiffins and Skippers are the only two I haven’t been to, but I haven’t been to WDW since they opened…)

3 Likes

1980- 8yrs old MK. I will never forget riding the monorail and being blown away that it went right through the middle of a hotel. I chickened out right as we went to get on Space Mountain. I can remember my mom’s frustration of having to miss it. I’ve never chickened out of a ride since.
1993- 22 yrs old. Chaperoned a 5th grade school group. I don’t remember anything about the parks from this trip.
1997- 26 yrs old, I was a few months pregnant. Visited MK, Epcot & MGM(aka HS)
1999- 28 yrs old. Took my oldest daughter to MK, MGM & AK, who was 2 at the time. I remember watching the Bug’s Life show and meeting Mickey & Minnie in their safari clothes.
2018- 47 yrs old First time staying at a Disney resort. September 15-21 We did all 4 parks!

2 Likes

Very fun thread! I’ve loved reading everyone’s history :heart:

As for me, I’ve had a spreadsheet where I’ve recorded every date (and if I named the trip, the name) for the Disney trips we’ve taken. Otherwise I would have long forgotten many of these specifics. There’s a lot more words to be said about each of these trips but that’d be at least a series of blog posts.

So, for now:

Pre-Kids/Husband Trips (all accomodations off-site)
1992 Summer: DL, 1st trip, 6ish, very hazy on everything except for PotC (loved it) and iasw (did not love)
2001 MLK Weekend: DL, teenager with parents & siblings, were there just barely before DCA opened
2003 MLK Weekend: DL, teenager with parents & siblings again, this time did get to see all of DCA
2003 Spring Break: DL, school trip to SoCal with 1 day at DL (also included Sea World, Knotts, USH)
2003 Christmas: DL, family went to San Diego for Xmas & dad decided 2 days @ DL > sites of SD
2006 Summer: DL, trip to Socal with a friend that included 2 days of DL & other LA stuff

With the Husband (and the mostly kids & offsite unless noted otherwise,) Trips
May 2012: USO w/ just the husband to enjoy WWoHP (pre-Diagon Alley), 1 day of MK @ the end of trip

Jun 2013: DL “Maiden Voyage” 1st time w/ DS 23mo. & DD 3mo. old, went w/ 2 of DH’s siblings & their kids
Aug/Sep 2013: DL “Magical Bounceback” Had a wedding that took us to Socal & so we made it a DL trip

Jun 2014: DL “Vive La Grad Night” Went w/ DH’s 3rd sibling & her son, more close in age to our 2 kids
Jul 2014: DL “Birthday Magic(al)” Went for DS’s 3rd bday, came home 1st time DL Annual Passholders
Aug/Sep 2014: DL “Magical Bounceback- AP Style” First trip after discovering Unofficial Guide
Oct/Nov 2014: DL “This is Halloween” Mickey’s Halloween Party on Halloween & day after
Dec 2014: DL “Believe” Only trip where we have ever gone in between Christmas & New Year’s

Jan/Feb 2015: DL “Tests 0” In where we test how last min we can decide to take a trip & still go (~3 hrs)
Feb 2015: DL “2/20/2015” Rang in the Chinese New Year at DL with the special entertainment/food offered
Mar/Apr 2015: DL “Eggs-tra!” We go for 1/2 a week leading up to Easter, do the Eggtravaganza hunts
May 2015: DL “Diamond Time” 60th DL Bday kick-off in which PTN forever changes how we spend our $$$
Jun 2015: DL “Testing 1,2” In where we again test how last min we can decide to take a trip & still go (~3hrs)
Jun 2015: DL “Anniversary on the Anniversary” our 6th wedding anniversary during DL’s 60th bday party
Jul 2015: DL “This Year or Next” Last min we call my Mom to go with us to DL for our bday (same bday!)
Jul 2015: DL “Hurrah60” Meant to be our final hurrah of our APs but 60th is so magical we renew
Aug 2015: DL “Testing 3” A last min trip & an experiment in going to a Hollywood pin release while there
Aug 2015: DL “So Many Pins” Trip for a subsequent Hollywood pin release
Sep 2015: DL “What Will Your Pleasure Be?” Trip for Hollywood pin release (all pins were Aladdin)
Oct 2015: DL “I Can’t Believe I Did This” Trip for Hollywood pin release (may have been a Rapunzel pin)
Nov 2015: DL “Wouldn’t You Think My Collection’s Complete” Trip for release (may have been an Ariel pin)
Nov 2015: DL “Liner Liner Liner” Trip for a first ever Liner meet aka Fall Ball (1 weekend after previous trip)
Dec 2015: DL “Soarin Over Christmas” Pretty sure it was another pin release driven-trip

Jan 2016: DL “For auld lang sayne, my jo” Bye to the Ranch & Aladdin show (1st DL Hotel & onsite stay)
Feb 2016: DL “And the Winner Is!” Pin release which was focused on award-winning Disney movies
Mar 2016: DL “A Princess of 3” DD’s 3rd birthday party, BBB & pulling all the stops on princess magic
April 2016 WDW “A Whole New World” All-Star Movies 8 nights & in planning I discovered the meaning of pre-RD CRT ADR & this lovely forum place along with it
April/May 2016: DL “Slowly Slowing the Roll” To keep our streak of being in DL 1 day/month (since 6/2014)
May 2016: DL “It’s a Land of Laughter, A Land of Fun” Memorial Day Weekend to get more 60th celebrating
Jun/Jul 2016: DL “When Can We Do This Again?” Last day of trip was my 30th, surprise Liner get together that husband got Liners who were there & local to arrange, BEST bday present ever
Jul 2016: DL “Happy Birthday Disneyland” There for DL’s 61st bday (and I think maybe a pin release?)
Aug 2016: DL “Commando Central” The first trip in a long while where I didn’t have any TPs (pin release too)
Sep 2016: DL “All of This is Yours…Forever” The final day of the Diamond 60th Diamond, also did family silhouette’s on MS & had the artist add the profile of a baby to use to announce our 3rd one arriving spring 2017. Also- this ended the over 2 yr streak of being in DL 1x a month as we didn’t go Oct 2016, but we were ok w/ that)
Nov 2016: DL “Fall Ball 2” 2nd Liner Meet, PTN returned (we didn’t have to see a DL w/o PTN, phew)

Jan 2017: DL “Duel for the Pier” First/only stay at PPH Theme Park View during race weekend
Feb 2017: DL “Surprise Surprise” Cousins w/ whom we had gone to WDW (who are like-minded Disney addicts on the east coast) came to DL & managed to keep it a secret from the kids until we met them in parks. Also, husband’s sister & her son joined us to surprise the cousins. Lot of fun & family this trip.
Mar 2017: DL “Four, A Princess” DD’s 4th bday w/ all the princesss stops including BBB again (also last time as a family of 4 before arrival of baby #3)
Jun 2017: DL “When You Wish Upon a Star” Baby’s 1st trip at 2 mo. (and a pin release in there too)
Jul 2017: DL “Dream a Fantastic Dream” Return of F! to RoA after hiatus for SW construction
Jul/Aug 2017: DL “Just Can’t Wait for Pins” Long trip that started & ended with Hollywood pin releases (DH & I were given very extensive leaves for the baby, him 5 months, me almost 7, so we were able to take lots of time to enjoy our kids in our favorite place. If we hadn’t been also building a house at the time, we would’ve looked into a short-term rental & just gone to DL for a month straight)
Aug 2018: DL “Bonus Level: Pins” Walking in Walt’s footsteps tour to see Walt Apt (& another pin release :slight_smile: )
Sep/Oct 2017: DL “Fall Balloween” Liner Meet @ Halloween time. Mickey’s Halloween Party included.
Oct 2017: DL “Pin Parents” Trip with just the husband & baby for a pin trading/release event (2 older kids elected not to miss school/soccer for DL).
Thanksgiving 2017: DL “Straight Up Kooky Dooks & Grateful for It” Escaping reality for the start of holidays when building delays meant no holidays (& baby’s first holidays) in our new house. It was a new level of crazy as we’d never celebrated a major holiday away from family.

Jan 2018: DL “I Have a Dream” MLK weekend to escape the reality of more building delays on new house.
May 2018: DL “Pin Wars: Attack of the Cuties” Pin release on Star Wars day, first time during Pixar fest & return of PTN.
May/June 2018: DL “Once Upon a California” Longer trip to take husband’s parents with us to visit their friends in SoCal (had done this 1x year from 2013-2015 but schedules never synced up for them to go with us again until this year).
Jul 2018: DL “Someday My Pins Will Come” Pin release including a Snow White pin & DS7 & I spent 1 day attempting the DLR version of the Parkeology Challenge (ran hard all day & got 50/54).
Aug 2018: DL “Circle of Voyagers: Oo-da-Pins” Pin release including Moana, Robin Hood, Lion King pins and our farewell to a Bug’s land

Next up:
DL: Fall Ball Liner meet next weekend (so excited for Halloween season & seeing Liner peeps)
WDW: Next year maybe??? Was supposed to be Aug 2018 but building a house this year really slowed our roll so the only thing ever booked were ADRs at 180 days (I still have all the beautiful plans drafted up for a starting point for next trip).

4 Likes

Most of you have had a lot more trips than I have!

2004 at Christmas for 10 day with DH, DS14, DD11, and DD2 (turned 3 in the parks). Stayed at All Star Movies. I got terribly ill with vertigo on Christmas Eve and had to have a doctor come to our room because I couldn’t lift my head. I was able to get up on our second to last day (12/26) to have DD3’s birthday breakfast at Crystal Palace. Ended up coming back to the resort afterwards while DH took the two older kids back to MK. Other than getting sick, we had a great time!

April 2017 - With DH and DD15. Stayed at All Star Music. Decided in February to go. Had a great time!

Next trip Christmas 2018 (12/21 - 12/28) - with DH and DD16 (she’ll turn 17 in the parks). Split stay: Pop Century for two nights: Animal Kingdom Lodge for 5 nights. Been planning for almost a year. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:open_mouth:

Although I have kept records of every flight my kids (4, 6, and 8) have taken, and I might get a lot of :open_mouth: at those…:slightly_smiling_face:

I honestly can’t remember many of my trips as a kid. I’ll see what I can come up with. I do know that I’ve never stayed on property and that I’ve probably been a couple more times as a child. I was born and raised in Alaska but my mom is from Jacksonville, FL, so we went every time we went to FL, I think.

1982, age 2. WDW. I know we went when my mom was pregnant with my sister, so I’m going with 82. Could have been 83.

1986/87. WDW. One of the only memories I have of my dad is of him getting a speeding ticket on the way to WDW when he and my mom were still married so…I’m thinking 86.

1. My sister and I flew to N.C. to visit my dad. Afterwards he drove us to FL and we visited my mom’s family and we went to WDW.

1991 or 1992, maybe both. WDW. Same situation as above.

1. Universal. I flew to FL over Thanksgiving break from college and my aunt took me to Universal for a day.

2. WDW. My mom and stepdad brought my sister and two younger brothers on what was their first trip at ages 5 and 7. We were there a week and did a week at St Augustine either before or after. I think we went to Busch Gardens this trip also, but it could have been 2000.

3. WDW. Another family trip this time with two foster daughters staying with my mom and stepdad. We stayed at Sheraton Vistana this time, which they had purchased on the last trip. Maybe we did St Augustine this trip, too?

December 2018. WDW. Taking our first family trip with DH and DDs 4, 6, 8. Grandparents are tagging along for parts and it’s going to be great. I’ve been planning this trip for almost 2.5 years. Still not staying onsite…maybe someday!

4 Likes

Had to go through my diaries to remember!

2001 - WDW, May - 2 weeks - villa offsite with extended family who had been a few times before. With DH & DS
2003 - WDW, July - 2 weeks - friends timeshare apartment. With DH & DS. Found out the day we flew to Florida that I was pregnant! Met up with my sister in MK for the day (she was on a touring holiday) I remember riding the teacups with her and laughing so much! Unfortunately she passed away 3 years later and I still ride the teacups every trip so I can remember her :purple_heart:
2007 - WDW, July - 2 weeks - WL. With DH, DS’s
2009 - WDW, December (Christmas & New Year) - 2 weeks - WL. With DH, DS’s
Can’t remember if it was 2007 or 2009 that youngest DS had chicken pox on our trip :open_mouth:
2012 - WDW, October - 2 weeks - WL. With DH, DS’s. 18th Birthday for Eldest DS. Our Anniversary.
2014 - WDW, July - 2 weeks - WL. DS, DS’s
2015 - Tokyo, one day of a weeks trip to Japan. DH, DS’s & friend of Eldest DS. 21st Birthday for Eldest DS. Our Anniversary.
2017 - DLParis - April - 5 days - Just me and DH.
2017 - WDW, - October - 2 weeks - GF. DH, DS’s. Eldests Birthday (again!) and our Anniversary. First liner meets with @Wahoohokie, @DisneyBergh and @chann856 :+1::grinning:
2018 - upcoming…WDW, December (Christmas, flying Home New Years Eve) - 2 weeks - GF. DH, DS’s

DHs solo trips…all at WDW and all for races in January;
2015 - for his 50th Birthday - full marathon
2016 - half and full marathon
2017 - attempted Dopey (one race was cancelled because of weather)
2018 - achieved Dopey!

And DH and Eldest DS had a trip to Honk Kong to see friends and squeezed in a day visit to Disney.

Youngest DS (because he has never celebrated his birthday there!) has chosen to go to WDW for his 16th…in 2020…

6 Likes