Your absolutely favorite WDW restaurant

I have sat right under the windows (with the snow) and it is just lovely. The last time I ate in the ballroom was with my niece and it was decorated for Christmas. We were seated near the entrance to the West Wing. It was magical. There was no other restaurant, or seat, that could possible make her that happy (she was 30 at the time).

10 Likes

That is a beautiful room.

The one I’m thinking of is a giant white room with paintings

Spending a few minutes looking at the standard food sites, you are 100% right. I’m going off of old intel. The mentions of Kimonos in “best of” lists is no longer that easy to find. It didn’t take too long to find Kimonos listed as “#5” on Tripadvisor. Seito and Dragonfly are top 5 in the several lists I opened up.

With like a music box in the middle? Yeah it’s the most boring…I’ve never gotten that one…always ballroom or the library.

2 Likes

The Rose room? With the music box? My least favorite but I have such wonderful memories of being in that room.

Ok, I might have a BOG issue……

4 Likes

Your Trip Report actually prompted my decision to make sure we order the thigh high chicken and biscuits, even if only to bring back to our resort for delayed deliciousness. Knowing you enjoyed them after they were served and without reheating was really useful.

1 Like

I was myself operating on recommendation of one black and white cat who suggested they would hold up sufficiently for later dining.

He was not wrong.

3 Likes

Ugh. The music room. It’s awful.

2 Likes

Good to know about the GM. I served/bartendended as both main and side hustles for about 20 years. General management and shift management are integral (but often overlooked) parts of good dining experiences and essential to a happy staff. Especially in such a physically and mentally demanding work environment.

1 Like

I love their sushi and am making a trip to DS just for Splitzville :pensive:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Just to be clear, I have nothing against Splitsville. But it is not a substitute for Homecoming.

2 Likes

Yes! The first time we went, we were seated right by one of the windows with snow, and I was on cloud nine.

3 Likes

It’s so interesting how people’s experiences differ. Topolino’s is getting much love. But I’ve been there twice and been disappointed both times by very mediocre food. I’ll go there with my newbie friends in December only because of the view and easy access to the Skyliner.

2 Likes

I can understand that point, even though I haven’t had Homecomin yet.

I just would never put down Splitzville because I have yet to have a single thing out of that kitchen I haven’t absolutely loved. I think of it as a hidden gem.

2 Likes

I ate dinner there for the first time this past trip and agree :open_mouth: I got the rigatoni since I was craving pasta post race and it was… fine :woman_shrugging:t3: I also had gnocchi as appetizer which was… pretty good. My glass of wine was very nice and my friend ordered dessert which was amazing. But overall the food didn’t blow me away. The view however did! We watched Harmonious from there and wow!

2 Likes

Ok let me try posting my pictures of the Topolino’s view again!

13 Likes

If you like good grilled cheese try the one at the edison. Holy moly.

2 Likes

Translation from mousemattese: “You people have terrible taste.”

So mousematt, is Satu’li actually your very most favoritest WDW resto?

1 Like

You can also get homecomin on doordash and even an hour later it still proves that southern food is superior to other cuisines

6 Likes