Your absolutely favorite WDW restaurant

Picture this: You’ve made all your ADR for a trip to WDW next month. You see a headline pop up on your phone about a restaurant closing unexpectedly for a six-week refurbishment. You think Oh god, please just let it not be X.

What is X?

To make it easier and more fun to scan the answers, please start your reply with the name of the resto.

4 Likes

Topolino’s Terrace

5 Likes

Sanaa

There are a lot of restaurants that I really like at WDW, especially in Epcot, but I would hate it if we can’t do Sanaa on our August trip. We’re even staying at AKL!

4 Likes

Cali Grill

3 Likes

Do you place Sanaa above Jiko (assuming Jiko has re-opened by August)?

Haven’t done Jiko. We don’t tend to do signature restaurants. Liked Sanaa way more than Boma.

2 Likes

Are all TT meals as outstanding as their breakfast?

1 Like

Dinner is better than breakfast!

1 Like

I mean I really just want the bread service like once a week. You think they ship to other states?

3 Likes

1000 times yes. You are very correct!

3 Likes

Le Cellier. It has become the defacto start of our family vacation - we always try to open with a lunch/dinner at Le Cellier and somehow it doesn’t feel like the vacation has started until we’re dining there on day one…

2 Likes

Satu’li

5 Likes

I can list out amazing meals I have have over the years, but it is difficult to pick any “must do” because that also has changed over time.

When the kids were a lot younger it was Chef Mickeys. Every trip started with a late morning/early afternoon arrival, a quick lunch and then a few hours at MK before dinner at Chef Mickeys. We were able to see the castle and Main Street, ride IASW (don’t judge, it’s my favorite) and then hang w/ the big cheese and his friends. It checked all our boxes to kick off our vacation.

As they got older, dd always insisted on a visit to 1900 Park Fare at some point during our trip. Cindy was her favorite princess for many years (Belle edged her out when she got older) and the Strawberry Soup was a must have for her.

We can add Tusker House to the list, as well as 50s PTC, Le Cellier and Chefs de France (we ate there years ago right before Remy stopped appearing during dinner).

But my favorite is hard to say today. Dd20 and I had a wonderful trip in October where we ate at all new places to us. All the meals were excellent, but I think California Grill and Skipper’s Canteen stood out for me. CG is $$$ so I am skipping it during my visit this weekend, but I am returning to Skipper’s Canteen. It is actually my only repeat from October!

So for now I will say Skipper’s Canteen, but I will be having meals at Steakhouse 71, Citricos, Ale & Compass, and Le Cellier as well. We’ll have to see if anything tops it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have a few.

CA Grill
Storybook Dining
Topolino Terrace

They are not in any order. I’ve only had dinner at Topolino. I’m looking forward to eating at all of them in December!:yum:

2 Likes

Homecomin’

And they actually sent me that email for my upcoming trip in Feb. They cancelled a reservation for a “private party” that night. UGH!!! Luckily, we had another “backup” reservation for the week.

If I have to pick non-DS I would say Ale & Compass but for bfast only!

2 Likes

Topolino’s

4 Likes

Topolinos and Cali

2 Likes

So happy to see so many Topolino’s Have not eaten there yet and just scored a reservation for Sunday. My all time favorite however is Cali Grill, both dinner and Sunday brunch

3 Likes

Breakfast: Chef Mickey’s (Haven’t been to Topolino’s yet)
Lunch: Sci-Fi (I know not a popular opinion, but they had me at fried pickles and onion rings…yummy)
Dinner: California Grill…obvi :innocent:

2 Likes

CG brunch is truly one of my favorite meals ever. I do hope it comes back.

2 Likes