You Can Teach an Old Cat New Tricks (a planning thread) - getting close - #236

Love bugs to walk past the pool when you have to go to the lobby. Also, if you’re not traveling with a lot of bags a higher floor would be quieter. We had 3rd floor requested an end unit, near the stairs so not being near the elevator was fine. And the units further to the back of the resort are close to the parking lot since you will be using your car. I would only use buses for MK.

3 Likes

When I went in September, I stayed in Love Bugs and it was a great location and short walk to transportation and the lobby. We stayed on the first floor and I loved the convenience of that and had no issues with noise but ymmv.

3 Likes

If did the same area of building 8 would I be just as close to parking? I think she’d love to say she stayed in Fantasia.

Is first floor convenient for in and out?
We would be traveling light and are both sound sleepers.

Maybe I don’t really need to worry about “best floor”.

Yes, they should. I used bands from the summer of 2018 in October and January and they worked just fine (including ride photos).

3 Likes

I prefer first floor because of the convenience. Ended up on the 3rd floor at Pop in January and it was fine, but definitely not as easy as the first floor.

2 Likes

Are the only “Standards” in Love Bug?

Great. Thank you.

3rd floor is nice bc you don’t have anyone walking above you or past your room unless they are staying in a room past yours. First floor may be noisier just from more foot traffic and also from people above you. No matter what floor you will probably hear surrounding rooms toilets flushing and you always run the risk of loud annoying neighbors. Ultimately it probably doesn’t much matter.

3 Likes

Thank you.
Sometimes I just need permission not to try too hard!

2 Likes

There are standard rooms in most buildings, but the love bug and mighty ducks areas are the standard designated buildings.

1 Like

This was my plan! Thank you.

2 Likes

Trust me I get that.

1 Like

Ok. So. I think maybe I will request Fantasia and hope they let me have a room in there. And worry less about placement.

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan. Fwiw I always book standard and I’ve been in the Fantasia or TS sections even though they are technically preferred. That’s over maybe 4 or 5 trips too.

2 Likes

… at the end of the day, after closing down the park (or even later), I far prefer walking straight to my first floor room than waiting for the elevator for a higher floor.

I usually ask for first floor when view isn’t a factor (asked for third floor at Poly). So far I got it 2 out of 3 stays at Pop. Still figuring what I want to request at POFQ in July.

3 Likes

Do you actually request Fantasia or TS or do you just let it happen?

This makes a lot of sense to me!

I always just request 3rd floor near transportation bc I never have a car and traveling solo I don’t like anyone and everyone walking by my room.

3 Likes

I can get everything I need for myself in a LoungeFly. If I have to be the pack mule, I use a regular backpack. If using a reusable water bottle, double check that it fits okay. You’ll need a smallish one for the LoungeFly.

3 Likes

Does it fit ok in ride pouch things? Like in EE, etc.? Do you bring sunscreen usually? And if yes a small bottle?
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.
Thank you. :heart:

1 Like

I just keep it on the floor with the strap over my legs. I don’t usually bring sunscreen but a small bottle should fit. Do you already have a LoungeFly?

2 Likes