You Can Teach an Old Cat New Tricks (a planning thread) - getting close - #236

Ok. This is intriguing.
She adores Three Caballeros.
Loves them. Has special t-shirt.
Maybe I should have done THAT!

2 Likes

You’re already booked for ASMo? Probably good to stick with that and see the Fantasia pool since you’ll be able to include Three Caballero’s ride in Epcot.

5 Likes

Yes.
And Fantasmic isn’t back yet!

1 Like

Are you in a standard or preferred room? Mighty Ducks section in ASMo is pretty much equidistant to the 3 Caballeros and Fantasia pools.

2 Likes

Standard.
I can’t imagine having time to swim.
I need a good map though for this kind of intel. Thank you.

I thought maybe coming out of our room if it might be nice to see the dancing brooms, etc.

If I’m paying Disney prices I want to maximize what ever smiles I can get. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Maybe you could request the Love Big section then. You’ll have to walk past the pool to get there.

I dropped the pin on the section. You walk through the Fantasia rooms to get to the main building. Mighty Ducks are the ones closest to the ASMu lobby.

3 Likes

So music is north west?

Due North it looks like from that pic. ASMu is at the top of the screen shot.

1 Like

Ok. Now I see. I was following Melody Lane!

1 Like

I will do my best to come find you either at EP on Sunday or HS on Monday before you leave. We’ll be at EP on Monday and my family always takes an afternoon break so I have high hopes!

So excited for the time you will get to spend together. I’m glad you are surprising her in enough time to anticipate the fun! That’s special too.

5 Likes

Oh! I was thinking without hoppers you wouldn’t hop! But - you have AP though family does not? :thinking:. Is that it?

1 Like

Bands are still a thing. Actually, didn’t someone mention in another thread that MDE could be used in its place for ride photos?

1 Like

Yes, Ben and I have APs but we’re the only ones. The only issues is the 2:00 thing which drives me crazy.

1 Like

Oh - that’s right, too!
Ugh.
Maybe they will drop that soon, too!
Changes seem to be coming regularly now.

I’d love love a liner meet. Maybe I can figure something out, too. Like leave HS early on depart day and catch you somewhere outside a park.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t see that changing but we can hope!

I see possibilities for us. We can find a way!

1 Like

When it comes to All Star rooms, is a certain floor a better request than others? Like should I request a top floor for noise or a bottom floor for accessibility? Etc.

2 Likes

I always think top floor is the best for it being quieter.

3 Likes

So - I just thought of a new trick I am going to have to come up with: How to Visit WithOUT a Stroller.

I haven’t gone to WDW sans stroller since 2000, and I was 6 months pregnant and therefore the lady-who-sat-with-the-bags.

I have a fanny pack that would hold my phone and wallet. But I probably will want to carry sunscreen and a protein bar or two. And I will want a place to stash my ears.
I think my Loungefly backpack could make me sweaty, and will I damage it putting it and out of ride holding bags? @Julianne_fki you usually carry your Loungefly, right?

What other bag options do y’all have?

3 Likes

We stayed at movies and it was fine, especially for 2 or 3 people (like we were). It’s my favorite theming of the value resorts but haven’t seen AoA in person.

I’ve always just shown my reservation at the window and they let us through without having to pay for parking. We did this for a few trips we drove in early morning.

Did you book standard or preferred?

standard