"You can only get so far without a tribe." A Family Trip Report

We are back for a redo of our trip that was cut short last year! I also just had my 23rd wedding anniversary, so we’re celebrating that too. It’s the same group as last year, just a little older :joy:
Me (52), husband Don (52), Bethany (21) and Brandon (19)
I had every intention of changing my user name and adding something better than the colored circle, but I never got around to it. Maybe something good will come to me during the trip! I also planned a very clever intro, but as usual I stink with actually getting things done. I wanted Bethany to help me, but she informed me that she has her own social media :roll_eyes:
We flew out of Pittsburgh this morning using TSA precheck for the first time. Everything went smoothly in the airport and on the flight. Gear Fusion picked us up, and they were great! I was a little sad that the sign with our name on wasn’t working because I thought that would be fun! We are a big Star Wars family, so the kids brought the lightsabers and will likely get new ones. My trip report title is a quote from Boba Fett. It reminds me of my family (they always have my back) and friends on Touring Plans who are always so great about sharing tips to make our trips better! We are at FQ, and it’s just so peaceful and beautiful. We had a great first day at the resort and Disney Springs. Tomorrow is the big test with trying to get Tron!

41 Likes

Here are a few pictures of our first day.

29 Likes

We ate at Raglan Road for the first time. It was so much fun! We really enjoyed it!!

28 Likes

Great start so far!

6 Likes

Yay!! You’re doing a TR!

4 Likes

Great photos. The sky is gorgeous.

5 Likes

It was a great day! I’ve discovered that I’m now crying when I get here and when I leave :joy: I was so happy to get back this summer.

21 Likes

Love Raglan Road. Great food and fun atmosphere.

9 Likes

It’s easy to do!

6 Likes

It was so much fun! Don has the food pictures on his phone. I’m finally training him to take pictures before he eats :rofl:

But we didn’t get dessert at Disney Springs. Look at the line for Gideon’s

19 Likes

That is a long line. I’m surprised they weren’t doing VQ.

5 Likes

And that’s probably just the line of people returning once their time is called. It’s so crazy the line gets so long.

5 Likes

Gregg and I have considered moving to Orlando just so we can eat at Raglan Road whenever we want.

9 Likes

We had great seats. I was happy that we weren’t in the back room.

7 Likes

Don got a Blackstone for his birthday and Father’s Day. We had the house all cleaned before leaving because I always think of that episode of the Middle when they went on vacation. Anyways, before we leave he decides that he needs to wheel it right in the house for safekeeping :joy:

20 Likes

It’s on my list! Enjoy your trip. So glad you are doing a TR :clap:.

6 Likes

Woohoo! Another person with a do-over trip, AND in the Pittsburgh area! :smile: Hope it goes great for you!!

6 Likes

Starting your trip off right with two of my favourites! Love the pics. Boba Fett is DH’s favourite character so he would probably know the quote but I had no idea. Glad you didn’t change your username because my memory is shocking these days and I wouldn’t know who you were :joy:

11 Likes

BG1!! Tron

23 Likes

At the rope for Space Mountain.

24 Likes